Harphoul Mohini - EDT 1

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome.png

I would like to request all of you to respect each other's opinions while participating in the discussions. India Forums encourages discourse among it's members to take place in a healthy atmosphere. Please adhere to the IF Code of Conduct at all times. 

There are some general rules to be kept in mind. 

• Please use this thread to discuss the episodes and refrain from chatting here
  • Please refrain from using any harsh, rude or offensive language
  • Please do not bash any actor or character.
  • Please refrain from bashing or engaging in a fight with the fellow members.
  • Please try and keep the comparisons and discussion with the regional version to a minimum as we already have a separate thread for the same.

Permission given by Chanel Moderator: mnx12.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail

Please like this message to get added to the member list. 

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail

To start with - Hello everyone my name is Ritu aka TvFanatic85. You would have seen me in Meet forum. I have been following this show off and on since the start. Though I didn't like the cliche version of South Indian and Haryanvi but I am loving the way makers are progressing with the story of Harphoul and Mohini. 

So do join in and let me know your thoughts on the same. 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Tvfanatic85

To start with - Hello everyone my name is Ritu aka TvFanatic85. You would have seen me in Meet forum. I have been following this show off and on since the start. Though I didn't like the cliche version of South Indian and Haryanvi but I am loving the way makers are progressing with the story of Harphoul and Mohini. 

So do join in and let me know your thoughts on the same. 

Hello Kitty: Adorable Animations – LINE stickers | LINE STORE

like you I watch the show on and off and not regular on a day to day basis. but I will join in whenever I can. :) 

Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Thank you so much for creating the EDT. I didn't know how to otherwise I would have done so ages back: This show surely deserves an EDT!

Edited by Padmajaan - 1 years ago
Tvfanatic85 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padmajaan

Thank you so much for creating the EDT. I didn't know how to otherwise I would have done so ages back: This show surely deserves an EDT!

I am in the same boat. This is my second one only. First one was for Meet so even I am learning. And yes this show deserves an EDT. Lets hope it remains the same and enjoy until we can. 

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

caught up in this week's episodes -- 

the negatives: 

-- I forwarded some scenes; basically a lot of the village politics with balwant is super boring. most of these side characters are not really interesting and not enough for me to pause. 

-- can someone explain the whole balwant household? his wife is scared of him. is there a nephew or a son who supports sharda? and balwant has a mistress living there but she is also married to some henchmen? anyway, it is difficult to get behind why they are so desperate to make mohini look bad. 

-- it is also unclear why the villagers are so anti-mohini. is it just that she is an outsider? 

the pluses:

-- these two are so cute with their chemistry! it is rather natural and I like how their scenes flow. it doesn't feel cheesy and you can tell that they are feeling attracted towards each other and care about each other. however, they are not yet comfortable to really make the moves. it is fun to watch. they keep the show going.

-- the sporadic insert of social issues is still interesting. why doesn't this village have a dispensary? we need more community health centres but there is also the issue that more medical staff need to be trained as well.. 

-- like that mohini is actually a bad cook and struggling with settling in another culture. we usually see super bahus who are all great cooks and win over everyone immediately. so it makes a pleasant break from such trope

folks, share your thoughts and we will try to get this thread going. :) 

kooki07 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Sorry I haven't watched yet just because of all the fights and so much of negativity but I will do because they have been recorded .

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

caught up in this week's episodes -- 

the negatives: 

-- I forwarded some scenes; basically a lot of the village politics with balwant is super boring. most of these side characters are not really interesting and not enough for me to pause. 

Even I forward all the balwant planning and plotting that he does in his mind 

-- can someone explain the whole balwant household? his wife is scared of him. is there a nephew or a son who supports sharda? and balwant has a mistress living there but she is also married to some henchmen? anyway, it is difficult to get behind why they are so desperate to make mohini look bad. 

Balwant had a deal that if Harphol gets married within 15 days then he will give him back his land. Balwant thought he will win but Harphul and Mohini got married. So it is kind of ego and if Mohini leaves and their marriage breaks it's a win win for him. Also Mohini has a bathroom but no one is village has one inside their house except for Balwant so they are taking it as a prestige issue. Now the while dispensary thing. 

-- it is also unclear why the villagers are so anti-mohini. is it just that she is an outsider? 

Because she is asking questions and trying to make changes. They are trying to show angle that since they have one washroom inside house they are untouchables and sort of thing. 

the pluses:

-- these two are so cute with their chemistry! it is rather natural and I like how their scenes flow. it doesn't feel cheesy and you can tell that they are feeling attracted towards each other and care about each other. however, they are not yet comfortable to really make the moves. it is fun to watch. they keep the show going.

Totally agreed. The way Harphul and Mohini are moving forward in their relationship is a treat to watch. Bringing slight changes in each other accepting and learning to respect each other.

-- the sporadic insert of social issues is still interesting. why doesn't this village have a dispensary? we need more community health centres but there is also the issue that more medical staff need to be trained as well.. 

-- like that mohini is actually a bad cook and struggling with settling in another culture. we usually see super bahus who are all great cooks and win over everyone immediately. so it makes a pleasant break from such trope

I think Mohini can cook she just have trouble cooking Haryanvi dishes

folks, share your thoughts and we will try to get this thread going. :) 

Tvfanatic85 thumbnail

More than Balwant I want to know more about kaki that is helping Mohini learn how to cook. The one who played dadi in meet. I want to know her backstory and having a feeling it is connected to Balwant and dispensary. I like watching these woman helping woman stories among the long line of woman and woman fights.