Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Heisenberg17 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

i can happily listen to sad songsπŸ˜› as long as they're not too sad. πŸ˜†

as for love songs, i think what works is the intersection of love songs that are a bit sad. Again, they cant be too sad sounding- i was shocked that people in my karaoke group sent me Baharon Phool Barsao as an all-time great romantic song to try. It sounds so depressing with that piercing shehnai music. 

other than that, it's songs like Woh Shaam Kuch Ajeeb Thi, Maine Dil Se Kaha that I like. I would classify these as pensive, not plaintive wails, but not happy either... and they are not exactly love songs.

all of which means I probably lean towards sad songs.πŸ˜†

Birdie, have you recorded any more new karaokes? would love to listen to them.

BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Heisenberg17

Birdie, have you recorded any more new karaokes? would love to listen to them.

oh yes, I had a lot recorded by people in the group. Last couple of times it was Kishore Kumar songs on the occasion of his birthday. That's when I picked the songs from Aradhana. Will post later. Had done Woh Shaam Kuch Ajeeb Thi and O Saathi Re earlier. Even done Lata songs when she passed away earlier.

am trying to learn Arijit songs now. Havent had much time for it though given the focus on the older karaoke-based songs that the group expects.

SlowlyDrifting thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

oh yes, I had a lot recorded by people in the group. Last couple of times it was Kishore Kumar songs on the occasion of his birthday. That's when I picked the songs from Aradhana. Will post later. Had done Woh Shaam Kuch Ajeeb Thi and O Saathi Re earlier. Even done Lata songs when she passed away earlier.

am trying to learn Arijit songs now. Havent had much time for it though given the focus on the older karaoke-based songs that the group expects.

Hey Birdie, please share those 2 songs with me as well. I love them. Would love to listen to your version :)