What's your take on success of RRR in the west?

Posted: 1 years ago

A Hindi-language version made for the Bollywood market has been available to Netflix subscribers since May and was among the service’s Top 10 most watched titles in America for nine consecutive weeks. But even with simultaneous streaming, the movie has now grossed $14 million at the American box office and played in 175 additional theaters across 34 states. By contrast, the Telugu-language crime drama “Pushpa: The Rise — Part 1,” the highest-earning Indian movie of last year, made only $1.32 million during its American release.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/03/movies/rrr-ss-rajamouli.html

A. Rajamouli had signed an international PR.

B. Marvel wants to sign him. So hyping him up. 

Originally posted by dumpehathauda

A. Rajamouli had signed an international PR.

B. Marvel wants to sign him. So hyping him up. 

Starting me it felt like it lekin RRR is only non English film to stay in top 10 list of Netflix for 10 weeks 

Jabki ye uska original version bhi nahi hai 

Jab collections a gaya hai sab jagah se to uske PR me paisa waste karne ka koi matlab hai nahi 

Itna cheap to hoga nahi ki alag alag log ko paida de paya ho 

Lets accept ki people are liking this film 

Ab question hai ki why? 

The west is liking because of the 'homo erotica' on display by the 2 lead actors. It wasn't meant to be perceived like that but I read several tweets where that was being implied by white people. Of course there could be other factors too. Just the outlandishness of it all. 

Originally posted by Sritishabir1

The west is liking because of the 'homo erotica' on display by the 2 lead actors. It wasn't meant to be perceived like that but I read several tweets where that was being implied by white people. Of course there could be other factors too. Just the outlandishness of it all. 

Is that for real ?

Originally posted by Sritishabir1

Wo group accused Rajamouli of baiting they didn't like film 

Unko laga ki director heroes ko homosexual undertone Dene ke baad unko kisi aur ke sath settings karwa diya  

Most are praising it for stylized action sequences aur anime style of film making 

Repeat 

Edited by FlyOnTheWall - 1 years ago
Originally posted by trouble_006

Everyone hates the Brits 😆

Aur Brits are hating this film 😆 apna reality accept nahi karenge 

Ye Churchill jo kiya India me should have been highlighted by Indians lekin ye log to Sardar Udham ko Oscar ke liye nominate nahi kiye ye soch kar ke ki brits will get mad

https://archive.ph/hAlwe