Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Australia need just 21 runs in 3 overs.

Savera84 thumbnail

AUS Women won by 3 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)

Congratulations to team Australia for the win.

Cheers..

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Unbelievable batting depth from Australia. 

What an absolute champion team! 👏

Miles ahead of anyone else in women's cricket currently- almost as good as that Aussie men's team from the early 2000's. 

This was a game India could, and should have won really! 

BeingBlunt thumbnail

Originally posted by: aekiel

Unbelievable batting depth from Australia. 

What an absolute champion team! 👏

Miles ahead of anyone else in women's cricket currently- almost as good as that Aussie men's team from the early 2000's

This was a game India could, and should have won really! 

@bold: Better than them. Not just in cricket. They are one of the greatest all time sports teams ever in the world. What a team. The fight for silver starts on 31st against Fatima's Mom's team. 😆

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

@bold: Better than them. Not just in cricket. They are one of the greatest all time sports teams ever in the world

They are definitely good (which is why I consider Harmanpreet's 171 vs them in 2017 to be one of the best for India across both men's and women's formats- it's easily top 3 in my book)

But sometimes, you tend to judge the greatness of a team by looking at the standard of the opposition. And women's cricket is a little weird- England are probably the next best, but can be beaten by anyone on their day. NZ and India a step below- good to win on their day, but will get beaten by Aus and Eng on most occasions. SA blow hot and cold, as do WI. Pak, BD and SL aren't international standard yet IMO, although they're improving slowly.

You don't want to compare it to men's cricket (but those standards will always lurk in the background)  and  fielding in the women's game is very ordinary- India were absolutely dreadful in that regard today.

Australia are probably a 9-9.5/10 in my book. Everyone else is 7 or below. If the others could raise themselves to a 8 or 9/10 regularly, I wouldn't think twice before calling them Aus one of the best sports teams ever. But then, you can only play the opposition in front of you, so.... 😊

BeingBlunt thumbnail

I felt like i was a student again in 2000s while watching this game. India did so so well and almost won the game but the OG aussies did it again. 🤪

Savera84 thumbnail

Babados Women defeated Pakistan Women in the second Group A match yesterday by 15 runs.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

In the 3rd match Newzealand are 35 for no loss after 5 over against South Africa.

Savera84 thumbnail

NZ 66 for no loss in the 10th over

Suzie Bates on 26

Sophie Devine  41

Savera84 thumbnail

NZ 87 for no loss in 11 overs.

Suzie Bates on 36

Sophie Devine  47