Posted: 1 years ago
Originally posted by vcs17

salman kicked ouir abhinav kashyap,  danbang was pretty much his

No he didn’t 

Arbaaz/Salman wanted to fast track a sequel and Abhinav didn’t want to. Salman said he asked him to make Dabangg 2 a few times. He didn’t want to so they moved on 

If Dabangg was pretty much his I guess he didn’t make it legal. Arbaaz and family were producers and from then their in control

Originally posted by The_Best

I am talking about Audience reaction and the general film industry reaction. Not one producer/director talking about it. 

Well I’ve criticized Aamir lots of times for picking directors he can control. 

Originally posted by Maroonporsche

No he didn’t 

Arbaaz/Salman wanted to fast track a sequel and Abhinav didn’t want to. Salman said he asked him to make Dabangg 2 a few times. He didn’t want to so they moved on 

If Dabangg was pretty much his I guess he didn’t make it legal. Arbaaz and family were producers and from then their in control

abhinav kashyap says he was bullied and gaslighted, and  finally there is no proof it depends on which side you believe and given salman's history and the power equation it is tough to think why abhinav will sabotage his own career going against him 

when you power in india, even legality will not matter, but its ethics more than legality also

Aamir get very little bashed compared to if a female actresses to do all the the things him and many male actors do. Regarding pay check: I understand it’s a business. But many times male actors who are new and who had flops in recent times still get higher pay than established female actress. I forgot which movies were those, but DP and Kat got low pay than the male actresses they were paired with despite they were number one at the time and the male actors weren’t that established or had flops. There were very rare movies where female actresses got higher. 

Aamir gets bashed little because those movies usually succeed. Salman gets bashed severely, much more than Kangana, when he interferes because the results are there for everyone to see.

Deepika actually said she got paid more than Ranveer and Shahid for Padmavaat. A filmmaker would have to be nuts to pay a male actor more money if he weren't bringing in more audience. No producer ever wants to pay more. They usually try to get away with paying as little as possible. So I don't believe those stories about male actors with no pull being paid more.

I think society/the film audience and film industry as a whole are more conditioned and used to male actors interfering and dominating. It’s been going since the film industry started from RK times. So they are used to it and has become much more normalized. Many choose female leads and replace the female actress too. But when and if female actresses were to do that, they would be called arrogant and what not. That’s why I hope there are more actresses and females as producers and directors to level the field a bit. There have been reports of even casting couch which is disgusting. This industry and any industry need more fairness and less injustice and wrongs. 

Deepika asked for certain actors for Padmavaat. Which other female actor has been in the same position of power for her to do it?

Edited by HearMeRoar - 1 years ago

for me the bottom line is a female will also pay more for a similar "crime" as compared to a male, it is not just film cerntric but a reflection of our society 

pay parity is seperate issue and I agree economics dominates here and the fact that films are unstructured amplifies it further as compared to other sectors  not just across gender but also heirarchy and levels 

more men watch movies and they watch men, women are mostly not financially independent and do not dictate or make these luxury choices of what to watch in society  and hence this difference in economics will remain for a while

abhinav kashyap says he was bullied and gaslighted, and  finally there is no proof it depends on which side you believe and given salman's history and the power equation it is tough to think why abhinav will sabotage his own career going against him 

when you power in india, even legality will not matter, but its ethics more than legality also

Gas lighted for what tho ? He came out several times to say he didn’t wanna make D2. He said those words literally . Are you saying he wanted to make to it and they forced it out from him. I suppose but he never said that. Maybe he didn’t like working w them. That’s fine so all the more reason he shouldn’t care if they make it a trilogy. 

Abhinavs 2nd movie failed big time. Also his brother could help him out. If he hasn’t been able to direct a film since 2013 the blame would fall on him the way I see it 

stardom is also about perception, tabu is the only one who has had continuous successes critcial and commercial much over the male stars in recent times

andhadhun, drishyam, bb2, avpl, de de pyar de

a male star in her place would have been hyped beyond the skies

But those films don't sell on Tabu's name. We all know it. Most of us admire her acting talent, but we do know she's not the reason for the movie's success. Pay depends on how much money an actor brings in, not how much talent. Or Katrina and Deepika would be paid a pittance while Tabu and Sanya and Radhika were paid the most.

Originally posted by HearMeRoar

But those films don't sell on Tabu's name. We all know it. Most of us admire her acting talent, but we do know she's not the reason for the movie's success. Pay depends on how much money an actor brings in, not how much talent. Or Katrina and Deepika would be paid a pittance while Tabu and Sanya and Radhika were paid the most.

I think this male actors sell movies is also over sold, if so films like jersey, runway 34, 83 etc which are all decent movies would have worked 

yes male stars bring in audience but their stardom is exaggerated many times while females are not credited with what they deserve

one cannot deny that tabu's performance in a bb2 helped it sustain 

Kangana got more money than Saif/Shahid for Rangoon and it flopped. 

If Kangana was “truly” the subject of a witch hunt than most people would stop giving her films after that. 🤷‍♂️