mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I don't think it's one of those movies which need a critical analysis -- it's just not that kind of movie, it's for pure fun and entertainment. However, I would love to write my thoughts on it and would love to hear yours as well.

Firstly, I think the movie is about both love and friendship, and how sometimes these two emotions collide. It's about second chances. It's about moving on. It's about how certain things are meant to be, and are written in the stars. It's also about timing. Timing can be a b***ch. But eventually, things fall into place with the right person, even if it takes ages.

Anjali, Rahul, Tina are all characters who are flawed and seek love in different ways. Rahul falls in love with Tina and fails to recognize Anjali's love. This does not mean that he is insensitive, it just means that his idea of love is different. One can argue that he confuses love and lust, but I think he genuinely loved Tina, even though initially attracted to her looks only. Anjali pines for him and moves on with her life. But her heart remains with him.

The trope of the letters and the little girl who brings them together is problematic and has been critiqued/parodied, as it is impossible for an 8-year-old to understand the complexities of life and love. Keeping that aside, I don't have a problem personally with Anjali eventually returning to her lost love. What I do find problematic is her transformation into this feminine avtar which eventually makes Rahul attracted to her. That is problematic on so many levels.

Otherwise, I find this movie still Karan Johar's best. It has moments of pure entertainment, moments which make you laugh, and moments that make you cry. One of the scenes where little Anjali performs on stage and is in tears because she never met her mother, is pure gold. Somehow, I feel Karan has lost that innocent storytelling that is reminiscent of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil felt so forced in comparison. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai just gets the emotions right, somehow. I think it's an authentic film, despite its flaws.

Repeat value? Excellent. I have watched this movie so many times.

What are your thoughts on this movie?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail

Also do mention your favourite song in the movie, if you feel like.

I love the title song and Ladki Badi Anjaani Hai, both almost equally.

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

it was good till we were child , no it seems a stupid film , my fav song larki bari anjani best song of album

AbjiniRockss thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Also do mention your favourite song in the movie, if you feel like.

I love the title song and Ladki Badi Anjaani Hai, both almost equally.

Title song.

https://youtu.be/ni0VGhJRUOQ 

And this

https://youtu.be/S9DsCP9Th7Y

mintyblue thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

it was good till we were child , no it seems a stupid film , my fav song larki bari anjani best song of album

Posting the song here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlWlGlvN4L4

Eydis thumbnail

Srk kitna cute lag Raha tha is mein ☺️☺️☺️  

Is movie ke sare songs ache hai coz sab mein SRK hai 

Edited by Havaana - 1 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Every 6 months topic. 

Essays pe essays likho.. it’s still the best movie. I have watched it many times and I still can whenever it’s on. 

Aman 10 jaman bhi le lega tab bhi use Anjali nahi milegi. Jitna rona hai ro lo. Boohoo. 😆

mintyblue thumbnail
Originally posted by: Havaana

Srk kitna cute lag Raha tha is mein ☺️☺️☺️  

Is movie ke sare songs ache hai coz sab mein SRK hai 

I wish Hrithik was in the movie...he would have taken it to another level❤️

But SRK was not bad either!

Rani was the best though, in terms of acting!

FlyOnTheWall thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 2 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Every 6 months topic. 

Essays pe essays likho.. it’s still the best movie. I have watched it many times and I still can whenever it’s on. 

Aman 10 jaman bhi le lega tab bhi use Anjali nahi milegi. Jitna rona hai ro lo. Boohoo. 😆

Bhoi's sed life 

Salman-Khan-Crying-Meme-Template-on-Tere-Naam-Viral-indian-meme-templates-from-2021.jpeg

Edited by FlyOnTheWall - 1 years ago
Eydis thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

I wish Hrithik was in the movie...he would have taken it to another level❤️

But SRK was not bad either!

Rani was the best though, in terms of acting!

Minty nooooooo 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭