In Defence of Yathu

umawanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

I know!! I know!!!

Justifying Yathu is probably one of my bad decisions when everyone here seems to be already fed up by him.  But I can make bad decisions once in a while.

Yathu is really showing the signs of being Akanksha's son. He is stubborn. He has no limit to his demands. He insists that Manav and Sakshi fulfill all of his unrealistic demands. He is so inconsiderate. He thinks the world revolves around him. He is making things hard for Manav, who is already having way too much on his plate. The way he is hating Akanksha is abnormal. How can a son hate the mother this much. His Pakistani counterpart, Roomi was such a sweet child, He was sensible and way too mature for his age.

Oh! and the child actor is overacting.

These are all the general feelings till now towards the kid.

Now let me put my defense:

1. Yathu and his unreasonable demands:

I blame Manav and Sakshi for this. After all he is only 8(7?) year old kid. There were many times for the adults to be adults but they always gave up.

• When Yathu was adamant that Sakshi ma'am and Malti aunty should stay with them the second time, They both should have been adults and properly explained him that living in different houses does not mean that they will no longer have a relationship. They could give examples of his friends, who live in different houses and yet there is no problem with their relationship. But Manav and Sakshi just gave up and let Yathu win. 
  • When he was having the 'emo-Yathu' phase after Sakshi and Manav had their fake fight to discourage Yathu from further match-making, just try to understand his POV. The 2 people he loved so much fought and one of them decided to leave them and not have any connection with both him and his father. Ring a bell? It is exactly what happened between Manav and Akanksha. So in short, poor kid had to face the same situation again. "Jalein pe namak chidna isse kehte hai" or they both just opened up his old wounds. And both the times the fight was between the adults and the decision affecting him was taken without considering his emotions. Of course, he will act up.
  • The time when he asks Sakshi Ma'am to be his 'Mumma', I think no matter how emotional Sakshi was, she should have handled it much better. Hell, who are we kidding!!! This is the same toxic woman who is replacing someone else's living, breathing son with her dead son. We cannot expect sensibility from her side.
  • I have already mentioned in my 'Danish v/s Manav' post that Manav had the problem of being unable to say no to his loved ones. He couldn't say no to Akanksha nor he can say no to Yathu. The problem is that Yathu does not realize the limits. He is a child, and he only knows that his 'Dadda' always fulfills his all wishes. That is the problem. Manav should not always try to fulfill his all wishes. If there is any particular wish he couldn't fulfill, then he should communicate with his son. Children are smart, if you properly explain them, they will understand. ITV always fails to portray a proper parent-child communication.
  • Instead of having a fake fight, Manav and Sakshi should have sat down with both Yathu and Ayesha. They should have patiently explained them that certain things (especially relationships) should never be forced. Again COMMUNICATE properly. They should also explain that both of them feel awkward when the kids are forcing them. If the kids continued like that, this awkwardness might even strain their already existing friendship. Just like we cannot force a plant to give fruits faster, same way you cannot force 2 people to be in a relationship. But these two adults decided to not be adults anymore and orchestrated a stupid fake fight. That accomplished only to scar Yathu once again by reminding him of his parent's fight. Great Job!!
  • The fake fight was much more bad when you consider the later effects. They have a fake fight. They separate. Yathu becomes emo-Yathu. They reunite later on without any problem because the fight was fake, they never actually had any ill-feelings towards each other. Right? Now think from the kid's POV. 2 people fought, he threw some attention seeking tantrums and everything got resolved. In his eyes, his tantrums were the reason the reconciliation happened. He could throw tantrums and solve everything!!! If it was a real fight, his tantrums would not have worked much. But now the damage has been done. Now, If Yathu wants something, He will throw tantrums, and if that doesn't work he will just throw more tantrums because tantrums can solve anything right?
  • Can someone burn Sakshi's  certificates. They are of no use. Stupid Sakshi and Stupid Manav. They are the reason that a sweet caring child like Yathu became like this.

2. Yathu hating Akanksha

Yathu and Roomi will have different reactions to their mothers because their mothers did really different things. Let's compare:

• The start of this is way before Manav-Akanksha separation. It started in Bhopal, when Yathu sees his friend, Vinay's parents fight. That was when Yathu wished for his parents to never fight and 'divorce'. Yes, no child wants their parents to divorce. But Yathu was scared and explicitly expressed his worries with his parents. As I have already said in 'Roomi v/s Yatharth' post, Roomi might not have feared about it much but with Yathu, he felt these things could happen to him also, if it happened to his friend. So when Akanksha left them, he felt that Akanksha did not listen to his appeal.
  • The other thing to consider is that, Both Yathu and Vinay had some misconceptions about divorce. Vinay was separated from his father with whom he was  more close to and his father could not come near him. Both of them thought the 'divorce' between parents meant that children could not see their fathers for rest of their life. Of course it was wrong, but what do you expect from two 7-year old kids, who did not get proper counseling during their parent's separation. So, when Akanksha came back after a month or so, a already hurt Yathu was also scared that he will be taken away from his 'Dadda'. So he avoided Akanska altogether.
  • If the adults were adults, they could have cleared all these misconceptions and had an healthy environment for Yathu. But instead Akanksha vows to take Yathu away from Manav just as he was scared of.
  • Mehwish did not try to seperate Danish and Roomi. She just wanted to meet her son during weekends. And when Roomi did not forgive Mehwish in the beginning, she did not explode and vow to separate the father and son. But she gave some time for Roomi to forgive her. But poor Yathu, He did not get even that. His mom tried to forcefully take him from his father many times.
  • First, she made his favorite teacher suffer. Then, when she did not win the school custodianship, Akansha kidnapped Yathu against his will. His phone was thrown away. He was kept captive in a house. No matter how many times he begged he was not freed. She then called both his father and him losers. "Loser Baap Ke Loser Beta" And even when his father rescued his mother, his mother just spewed venom in front of him. All this made him much more scared that His mother will take him far away from his father.
  • And when the insensitive Akanksha was not satisfied she even sent Manav to jail and made him loose his job, all to get Yathu's custody. And when yathu was at his lowest, away from his father, this dimwit mother decides to host a party, "Kis khusi mei behen?"
  • And as if that is not enough, this mother again tries to kidnap Yathu with the help of the caretaker. Yeah, Yathu should just overflow with love after all these.
  • All I am saying is Roomi had much less damage and much more time to forgive Mehwish, while bechara Yathu is constantly scared of getting kidnapped by his own mom. He did not get enough time to forgive her because he was busy getting scared of her.  And Now he is just not able to trust his mother and is angry at her. What is wrong with that?  Well if he had proper counseling (Again burn Sakshi's documents, please), then maybe, he could have a bit more positive approach.

3. The child actor

Come on guys!! when much more senior actors like Akanksha's Actor and Sakshi's actors can not properly act many times, can we really expect such a level from a child much less experienced than them. Even Manav and Vaibhav have their share of not-up-to-the-mark performances. And besides, the director is at fault for not being able to get a realistic performance from the child actor. A child actor's performance is only as good as the director's direction. Besides, I think in the initial days, his acting was good. The episodes in which he finds out that his mother left them and his father ends up in lockup, his performance was so good. It was really touching.

Another point to add is that, recently everyone seems not in a mood to give their 'A' performance. The team overall feels less involved and interested in the show any more. Maybe because no one is much interested in the direction the show is going or maybe because the show is ending which is making them rush the story and hence the 'dull' performance by everyone.

That's it...

If I missed any point please do share, or if you think that I was way too lenient, then let's have a healthy debate

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SwatchColor thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Nicely worded analysis you’ve written. Just wanted to add my thinking that I wouldn’t blame the actors for the “weak performances”. I’d say it’s the writers and like you’ve mentioned, the director’s fault in this. This might have been the situation before Niharika’s entry with the actors BUT I totally agree with Yathu’s “mental stability” he’s going completely after his mother. Sakshi is somewhat taking a stand and challenges Akanksha but again those documents are no help in this😆. I am PRAYING for the makers to at least not butcher Vaibhav’s character. He’s probably the only one that’s survived everything without making himself look like a dimwit or a completr utter fool. I mean, the one who started all of this, eventually told the lady who destroyed her family that it was his plan all along… I wouldn’t hold up a single finger up at him for this🤣. I noticed that Manav was getting irritated as much as we were with Yathu in the previous episodes and I’m mighty damn sure that his eye opener will be as bitter as Akanksha’s.

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Once again gr8 analysis ⭐️  sakshi oooppps the writers should have taken some advice from you.  😃 I really mean it.   

Don't think they actually sat down with child councillor to get some ideas and then write sakshi's character.

regarding fake fight - what made it worse was yathu had listened to their plan so backfired.   Recently I'm finding the child actor's dialogue delivery not up to the mark.   His acting not like before

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

What an analysis!! Take a bow!! 

I actually feel bad for Yathu more than I get annoyed. You’re right he’s never been guided right.

prernacda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

wow, a thesis based on a fictional character😉

well said thought and read it more than once..

they have totally butchered all the characters here.

and now akanshas mom is her advocate...

so how can logic apply to illogical twits, portrayed and now so weird..

did holkar ask hisdaughter what she wants...she was gone 7 years and now will die if she does not marry in 7 days weeks whatever

getting worse and hoping they axe it soon and hopefully do something diff like not kill manav

yathu is taking overacting and "angry young man" portrayal a little too far