Which Bollywood actress is a scary daughter in law ? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

One of my friend is from SOBO area and a typical Marathi Family. she told me they spoke English at home ( she was. in india in 80's and 90's). I was very surprised so I asked her mom on the reason. She told me that where they lived most people were from outside Maharashtra and they did not speak local language. Also THEY looked down on the  people talking local language .... it seams it was language only spoken with domestic help...

So to improve kids' english, they spoke english at home as well.   

My friend can't even talk properly or read her own mother tongue... 

It is soo sad as you think about the rich literature in marathi, and how much these kids  missed out.   

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nema123

One of my friend is from SOBO area and a typical Marathi Family. she told me they spoke English at home ( she was. in india in 80's and 90's). I was very surprised so I asked her mom on the reason. She told me that where they lived most people were from outside Maharashtra and they did not speak local language. Also THEY looked down on the  people talking local language .... it seams it was language only spoken with domestic help...

So to improve kids' english, they spoke english at home as well.   

My friend can't even talk properly or read her own mother tongue... 

It is soo sad as you think about the rich literature in marathi, and how much these kids  missed out.   

Wrong thread, bud. 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

I think Deepika might be hard to deal with as a MIL. Anushka and PC ..potentially. The latter got lucky with an American MIL that minds her own business.

Alia and Katrina come across as people-pleasers so they must be chilled.

What makes you think American MILs mind their own businesses?  According to my married American friends they definitely don’t😆.  I think this might be a misconception because joint families don’t live together here in the U.S. but I’ve certainly heard stories about mother in laws wanting a say in everything from how the wedding should be to how the kids should be raised and money should be spent.  Think Marie Barone from Everybody Love Raymond but without the humor.   

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

What makes you think American MILs mind their own businesses?  According to my married American friends they definitely don’t😆.  I think this might be a misconception because joint families don’t live together here in the U.S. but I’ve certainly heard stories about mother in laws wanting a say in everything from how the wedding should be to how the kids should be raised and money should be spent.  Think Marie Barone from Everybody Love Raymond but without the humor.   

I am speaking from personal experience.. and plenty of my friends 😬 Of course there will be exceptions, but I do feel like our brown mothers tend to be more nosey.. it's a cultural thing.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: DheeJattanDi

I am speaking from personal experience.. and plenty of my friends 😬 Of course there will be exceptions, but I do feel like our brown mothers tend to be more nosey.. it's a cultural thing.

The main cultural difference that I’ve found is that white daughters in law talk back more and openly tell their in laws it’s none of their concern whereas brown DILs are more subdued around an elder.

DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

The main cultural difference that I’ve found is that white daughters in law talk back more and openly tell their in laws it’s none of their concern whereas brown DILs are more subdued around an elder.

That's true as well. Our elderly lot will always pull the "where is your respect" card if you try to have a sane debate or discussion 🤐

atominis thumbnail

Reeks of misogyny to assume Anushka, Deepika etc are scary wives or DILs. Why? Is it because they are assertive and husbands get along well with them and they appear less docile?

Amused that someone listed Jaya as a scary DIL. She was doormat and trad type. Her in laws loved her and prevented Amitabh from divorcing her for Rekha and found her lucky  for their son and household. What is scary about a doormat DIL? 

Why is this forum obsessed with judging women and why no topics on crap husbands, sons, FILs, sons in law? 

Saakshii77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

[QUOTE=IAmLuvBolly]

[/QUOTV. 

Agree 

Marie Barone...the most intruding and wicked MIL of American tv.

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Scariest bahu is Aishwarya. 

quiet_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Scariest bahu is Aishwarya. 

As they say, taali ek haath se nahi bajti lol. 

I find this narrative that Aishwarya is some abla nari stupid