Qubool Hai

Asya FF - Now that I've Found You - Page 2

Vintage_flow thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Captain_Crash

Aww! It was sad but yet so very sweet! I don't have words for how beautifully you've written this. I love your style of writing, it's very descriptive and dreamy. Do update whenever possible!

💖💖

Thank youuuuuu 💕 Lol I always worry I describe too much🥱 Also, really wanted asya to have a good conversation after. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Chapter 2

Fate Disintegrated

Asad’s restless shadow went back and forth on the living room sofas, only stopping occasionally to look at her door. When his Ammi and Najma joined him, he smoothly escaped to the kitchen lest they notice.

“Najma, check on Zoya” He exhaled thankful that his Ammi finally had that thought.

His sister peeped through the large window to her room; nothing but curtains filled her sight.

She was alerted by the door a moment later “What are you doing, Tamatar?”

“Sorry…” she murmured sheepishly “…I didn’t want to disturb you, so I didn’t knock”

“I see”

Najma frowned. She didn’t know if it would be rude to say out loud that her friend looked like a zombie. She decided against it.

“Is your friend with you? Ammi’s calling everyone for dinner”

“Yeah, I’ll get her” Zoya mumbled tired before getting back inside.

“Najma” Dilshad called. Why was she just standing there?

“What’s the matter?” Asad asked nervous when she entered the kitchen, his eyes resting on the door of Zoya’s room.

“Woh bhaijaan...Zoya...she just looks so… so…”

“Lifeless” Asad completed.

Najma grew silent but Dilshad reassured “That’s only because she hasn’t slept since the last two days and understandably so. We just need to make sure she goes to sleep soundly tonight.”

“Her Aapi, Jeeju are also here now, I am sure that will help” Najma countered optimistic.

“I sure hope so” Dilshad said to no one in particular “Poor girl could use some rest”

“It’s good actually” Noshini stressed “Ever heard of taking a walk being harmful for someone?”

Zoya exhaled defeated. She neither had the energy nor the mind to argue “Okay, I’ll go with Jeeju”.

They sat in a circle under the cloudy night sky on terrace. Dinner had been an anxious affair with everyone’s eyes trained on each movement of Zoya’s. They saw all emotions in her fatigued eyes except the will to rest; literally and figuratively.

We need to tire her out … A good head massage might do the trick … She needs to open up about what she is feeling exactly … were some of the suggestions of the group.

Asad liked the third idea the best, she had refused to come out of her room the whole day yesterday.

He had caught a glimpse of her when the door opened and closed for her lunch and sister to go in. She’d been sitting by the foot of her bed, flaccid body, face void of any emotion. He felt the girl he knew and had come to adore was slowly tumbling away from him, herself, and life.

The war waging inside her was evident. Her misery and grief were measured by his eyes and when he saw her fail over and over; a piercing prayer left his heart unfailingly.

He had to talk to her. No way he was going to let the eyes which healed and glowed dim their essence.

“I can’t see her like this” Zeenat sobbed as soon as Zoya and Anwar left. “This not being able to sleep, eat, talk – this is not my Zoya. I mean she’s had to go through a lot in her life and at a young age but never once I saw her lose like this”

Noshini, Najma and Dilshad quickly hovered over Zeenat’s figure to console her.

“You got to give her time” Dilshad started “We have to understand that she feels like she just lost…everything. That one last chance to know her blood is now gone forever. But if anyone is strong enough to emerge from this, it’s her. So, keep faith, she is holding on to your strength Zeenat.”

“I remember the day we brought our Zoey home. She kept looking at the door, waiting. Anwar and I elaborately decorated her room, to make it feel like home, but she kept getting up in the middle of the night to go sleep in the living room just so she can keep an eye on the door. She said she was waiting for her Ammi to come home and didn’t want to make her wait.” The wind also seemed to quieten down in the moment to hear Zeenat. “She was five.”

Asad flinched, only a blow away from breaking in tears.

Zeenat continued “Another full-sized ache came her way when she turned nineteen, we found out that her Abbu was alive and in Bhopal. Just when she was starting to think about herself and her future. It was surreal. Somebody who knew him in passing from years ago said that was the last where he’d ever heard of him. How that man just happened to stumble across Anwar per chance. How we’d invited him home. How he saw that framed picture of Zoya’s Abbu. How Zoya stood in the doorway listening to it all” she whispered lost in trauma, eyes flowing endlessly; her tone turning frustrating “…so hard, I tried so hard to keep her away from all this. Anything to protect my child because I knew even then, nothing good was going to come out of this search. And now watching this suffering seeping out from her makes me so mad at myself. It’s all our fault. All our fault.”

“Aapi, please” Noshini’s voice was sharp as she rushed to silence her. “Do not ever say that. You know you did nothing wrong.”

“She is right, Zeenat” Dilshad put her hand on hers “However painful truth might be, it is every child’s right to know” She glanced at Asad “What you did was fair, otherwise she would always wonder but now she knows and I am sure loves you more for it.”

“Yes Aapi, Ammi ne bilkul sahi kaha. And don’t worry, we will bring our Zoya back in no time” Najma offered in hopes to calm her down.

Light bulb!! “Wait…why don’t we all plan that trip to Ajmer Shareef we had been talking about last month. If there is one place in the world, that could heal everything, that is it”

“Najma, that is an amazing idea” Dilshad finally smiled and noticed so did Asad.

“Asad, do you think you can arrange that beta” she asked.

“Of course, Ammi. We can leave as soon as tomorrow if you like” His Ammi was a little taken aback. Leaving tomorrow would mean no dense planning and his son never did things that way.

“Tomorrow sounds good” she responded, nonetheless.

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Poor Zoya's broken! And Asad can't bear to see her this way, neither can her family. Again, beautifully written! Your style of describing totally keeps the reader captivated! A trip to Ajmer Sharif should help everyone. Do update whenever possible! ❤️✨

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice updates

Loved it

All emotions written very well.

Waiting for next update eagerly 

Thanks 

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Poor Zoya's broken! And Asad can't bear to see her this way, neither can her family. Again, beautifully written! Your style of describing totally keeps the reader captivated! A trip to Ajmer Sharif should help everyone. Do update whenever possible! ❤️✨

Thanks love ! Updated part 3

Vintage_flow thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: asifiqbalsh

Nice updates

Loved it

All emotions written very well.

Waiting for next update eagerly 

Thanks 

Thank you, always love to hear from you â¤ď¸ Next part here

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Chapter 3

Time-out

Zoya wandered into the kitchen only realising a minute later, that wasn’t her room. She dragged her sluggish body back and hoped her brain to be numbed by some kind of anaesthetic. She was tired of her thoughts. They were darker than the deep night and settled sorely on every part of her being.

“Miss Faaroqui?”

She let out a small yelp and placed her hand over her heart.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you” Asad muttered embarrassed.

“Well, you did six packs” she mumbled to herself. He heard.

“Why are you not in your room?” Asad pretended he hadn’t heard the question.

“Would you like some coffee?” he said instead. Zoya raised an eyebrow but agreed.

She sat down at the same spot they had the chat at a night ago; this time facing the garden. She questioned again when he approached “You trying to win at the no sleep Olympics like me, Mr. Khan?”

Asad didn’t smile. It was the eyes. Even though she attempted to joke, she carried with her those empty eyes. “No, I just woke up when I felt movement in the kitchen outside.” 

“Wow, that light a sleeper huh” she sipped on her milky coffee while Asad wondered when he had become such a suave liar.

He couldn’t sleep. Not a wink. Not when he knew she couldn’t. After coming back from her long walk, she had retired to her friend’s room upstairs, but he somehow had the intuition she would be roaming about the garden in the middle of the night. Just like she always did whenever restless.

So, he sat out there, waiting, urging sincerely he was wrong.

“So, how was the walk?”

A small smile slipped her lips “I know what you all are trying to do. Trust me, If I could fall asleep that easy, I would. I am not necessarily enjoying being with my thoughts alone either.”

“Then share them” Zoya decided to look him in the eye searching agendas and saw nothing but encouragement. Why was it so easy to tell him?

A few seconds passed by before she spoke “I feel like a kid in time-out whose punishment just wouldn’t end. Every time in the past I came face to face with any kind of pain, I would let it give me perspective and then open the front door and invite it to leave.” She rested her eyes upon the leaves, fluttering in the open space. “But this is different. It’s raw and numbing. The sense of all surroundings keep getting closer and I can’t seem to see anything but darkness.”

Asad didn’t trust his voice to come out even so he waited. He hadn’t seen Zoya cry once after that terrible night.

Her family came, sobbed and wept on her shoulders but she didn’t. Everyone had sensed her detachment and the only way through solace was to make her feel something again.

He had to break the walls before she built them strong.

“It is challenging in the darkness to shine a light of your own” he whispered; voice soft, eyes on the brilliant moon. “Yet in the short time I have known you, you have managed to do it every time. Not just for yourself but also for me and my family. I have always admired your strength Miss Faaroqui” he looked at her now, eye to eye, both faces shining in the splendid moonlight.

“And a strength like yours never crumbles nor finishes. It might get tired and want to rest occasionally but never cease” Asad noticed a lone tear make its appearance in her eye and continued; his face scooting a little closer “Everyone in this house today is worried for your well-being and happiness. Some went to sleep worried, some couldn’t. Some travelled overseas and some sit with you at 3:30 in the morning.” Her eyes widened a bit. Asad’s fluttered tensely. He knew he’d said too much but he needed to kept going.

“We see the pain, we all do, you are not fooling anyone. This…unfortunate decision made by the universe is probably going to hurt for a long time; and you are allowed to feel it. It’s okay. What you are not allowed to do is make this your finish line. Don’t do that to yourself alright, don’t do that to your family.”

She couldn’t move but her emotions did. The house’s emotionally challenged man had managed to break the dam she had so carefully sealed.

Maybe it was the fact that nobody had come to her without pity in their eyes and his held none. A little teary, they spelled hope and belief and dare she say held an ocean of care.

And that was the reason it was so easy to talk to him. Because to him and only him, she wasn’t a bechari.

“It’s hard” her body and voice broke.

“I know” he said as he engulfed her in a hug setting her tipping mug down. It was weird to say it out loud but he could finally relax that she was crying. His hold on her was gentle for he was scared to cross a line.

It was starting to lightly rain outside, the pitter patter of it mixed with her soft sobs. Asad closed his eyes and waited for her to drain all the pretense, all the ache out.

A while later when only the sound of raindrops remained, he opened his eyes to find her nestled in his arms; fast asleep.

Hope was the one tune in her world that never stopped playing. Given, it was without words for now, but she was sure she would find those soon too in the peaceful shadow of her loved ones. After a good night’s rest, Zoya decided to be the one thing her family wanted her to be ­– not miserable.

Mr. Khan was right. The pain won’t be going anywhere soon. There was no point cracking shayaris and joking around because her heart didn’t allow it yet. But there shall be no detaching and faking it.  So, she settled on – not being a walking zombie; for herself; for her family…for him.

For the first time since last three days, she stepped out of her room expectant to see what the day held.

“Zoya, come hurry!” Noshini yelled from the dining table. “Look at what Asad was able to come up in a night’s time” she continued impressed.

Her hands held a full itinerary of their Ajmer Shareef trip. Zoya looked on astonished. They were going on a trip?

“Oh wait, you don’t know, do you” she said gauging her reaction “Najma came up with this last night when you were out on your walk. Isn’t this so great! Wow, I’ve only ever seen these places in pictures.”

And the discussion continued the whole afternoon. They were supposed to leave early next morning. Asad had purposely put a day for everyone to pack and decide if any changes needed to be made.

He walked into the house late that afternoon longing to see just one face.

“Hi” Zoya greeted him at the door with a smile. He smiled back and nodded. A real smile, she noticed.

“Aap kahi ja rahi hai?” He eyed her iPad and purse.

“Yes, the ladies wanted to shop a little before the trip so I am joining them at the mall”

“They are already there?” He asked before she could step past him.

“Yes” She stepped out the door but was stopped shortly by his question again.

“Then how are you going, Ammi must have the other car.”

Zoya frowned and replied as if obvious “Umm…Auto? Taxi? Is there a strike going on I should know about?”

“I’ll drop you” he said as a matter of fact and started closing the door.

Normally, she would tell him she didn’t need babysitting but today was different. There were things to talk and thank about, plus she hadn’t seen his face since morning. She’d missed him. 

The ride was silent much to her annoyance. It felt her tongue had stuck her mouth shut. No words would come out whatsoever.

Why was she sweating?

She turned the A/c on full blast and maneuvered its tiny blinds towards her.

“You okay Miss Faaroqui?”

“Thank you”

Asad briefly glanced at her while steering the car. “You’re welcome. I had an errand to run anyway”

What?!

“Mr. Khan, I meant for last night”

Pin drop silence in the car. So, she continued.

“Each and every word meant a lot to me…would always mean a lot. So, thank you for caring enough to say them, helping me however you could in my search, letting me stay in your house, welcoming my family so warmly…I…thanks for everything” She finished as he parked the car. Glancing from under her lashes, she took a quick look at his figure.

His face was expressionless, eyes stuck on the windshield straight ahead. Anybody else would miss it but she noticed the small nod he gave.

Zoya took that as an acknowledgement and walked towards the mall without looking back.

Vintage_flow thumbnail

Chapter 4

A puzzle unsolved

‘Thanks for letting me stay in your house’ her words vibrated through his brain. They had been running on his mind like a loop since the last hour. He couldn’t do anything. The drive home was a torture. No amount of work could take his notice away from it.

The looming future he tried so hard not to wonder about had finally made space in his conscience.

‘Stay at your house’, he repeated to himself in the silence of the living room. Asad sat on the big sofa, still dressed in his suit, briefcase in lap, unable to focus.

It was happening, wasn’t it. The very thing his nerves had been stretched tight about. The very thing he wanted to wish non-existent. The very thing he had thrown in her face a thousand times.

She was his guest. One that had fulfilled the purpose of her trip, one who had just thanked him for ‘welcoming her family warmly.’

Asad knew she never meant to hurt him with her words but she did. It might be an innocent note of gratitude, but for him, it was the beginning of an end.

He didn’t want it.

Didn’t want any of her thank you’s.

Didn’t want Aapi and Jeeju to take her back.

Didn’t want any of it to end.

“Hum shopping karke a gaye” Najma announced “Hi, Bhaijaan”

Asad did his best to smile back.

“What’s your miya so grumpy about?” Noshini whispered to Zoya.

“Noshu” she exclaimed horrified. Phuphi was right behind them!

“What? You clearly have the hots for each other”

“Allah Miyan” she said a little too loud. Everyone’s eyes trained on her. “Allah Miyan, kachori…kachori laana bhul gaye” she muttered pathetically.

“What, I thought they were right here” Dilshad grabbed the bag from her hands and started searching.

“Here, I’ll find them for this bhukad. You rest Khaala” Noshini took over the task and winked at Zoya’s glaring face.

Ugh!

Threats had been made; penalties announced. She had to make Noshini behave otherwise stupid sabke saamne bhaanda fod degi. Especially when she didn’t even understand what the damn bhaanda held.

She had feelings for him. Yes. She didn’t want to leave just yet and was beyond thankful for Najma’s trip planning. Yes. And she didn’t want to think about it any further than that. Also, yes.

The broken pieces of her had finally started to reattach; but under no circumstances was she put to them in the right places.

A puzzle she would be for now.

When the hand of clock would force her – and she knew it would soon – only then she’d sit and unscramble this mess. But certainly not when his big brown eyes were staring her down like this.

He couldn’t drag his eyes away.

She was so beautiful in the moonshine. She didn’t really look at him that much - not did anybody else for that matter - deeply busy in planning tomorrows. So, he took the chance fearful he might not get any more moments in the time to come.

“Oh my god, I totally remember that poem you wrote. Your best work one might say” Zoya’s tinkling laugh brought him back from the trance he’d went into.

“Right, of course you do!” Zoya said rolling her eyes playfully in reply to Noshini.

“I do! It was so deep and meaningful unlike some other umm sheyar shayaris” she closely escaped Zoya’s punch laughing whilst Zeenat thanked her god for her child’s smiles. And she was not the only one.

“I swear, it made me look at you totally different. Here goes” she cleared her throat before reciting                                    

“I miss the way we would hold hands,

under starlit nights and alive skies.

I miss the way he would look at me,

soul deep and penetrating eyes.

But mostly I miss a day to come,

when prophecies and meeting of hearts

shall coincide.

‘Miss the way’, ladies and gentlemen” Noshini finished saying moving her hand dreamily through the air.

Struck, everyone looked at the poet.

“Allah Miyan” Dilshad and Najma blurted in enchantment almost simultaneously.

“Shukriya” She refused to look in Asad’s direction even when she laughed; the rest of evening spent pretending he was invisible.

Hours later, when he sat in solace on the terrace where everyone had said good nights; eyes closed, only her words played in his mind.

His insides matched the weather, something coiled inside him like a long, slow wind ‘when prophecies and meeting of hearts shall coincide’ he murmured into the air, thoughtful.

How could she be so eccentric yet beautiful, so spontaneous yet profound. Now how was he supposed to ‘deal with it’ like he’d told himself. She was just so…so easy to lo….

A gentle breeze caressed his face then, as if to concur and complete unfinished.

Morning brought with it flurry, exhilaration and delight.

‘You ladies better eat something’ Aapi was seen stuffing parathas into the kids’ mouths. ‘Do not forget anything please, I am not turning back’ Asad had repeated at least a dozen times primarily looking at Zoya. She chose to roll her eyes. ‘Take my picture’ were the constant requests of Noshini and Najma. Those two were getting along like fire.

Dilshad counted the number of heads while Anwar generally stayed out of everyone’s way. After double checking and rechecking that checking, the car left for the airport. 

It was a small five-hour flight with a layover. The excitement in the air was tangible.

Zoya and Noshini giggled non-stop at the concept of flying ‘first class’. Not that they couldn’t, they merely never thought of being all that swanky.

The trip was swiftly and secretly named ‘Jahapanah tusi great ho’ Najma joined in and more giggles followed.

Asad moved the newspaper from his face frowning at the noise but shortly forgot after a dimple made an appearance.

When Zoya instinctively glanced at his half-smile filled appreciative gawking, he hid hurriedly behind his paper defence.

Good God, cut it out, he ordered himself.

It was almost a three-hour car ride from Jaipur to Ajmer after touchdown. Asad chose to drive himself. Najma and Noshini squeezed in the far back seats with Zoya, Zeenat and Dilshad in the middle and the men in front.

“Anwar, now please do not try your ‘I know it skill here’ Khuda ke liye turn on the GPS” Zeenat teased.

“But I know it” when he meekly muttered with ears red in response, even Asad let out an easy laugh with all.

It was Zoya’s turn to stare. When he noticed, she moved her neck to girls sitting in the back.

Allah Miyan, cut it out, she ordered herself.

dreamxr thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

WOW!! Two chapters in a row! And you say you're a lazy writer heh😏 The story is moving. Glad to see that both of them are aware of their feelings! Noshini is a treat to read! Sooo excited to read ahead!

💖💖

Vintage_flow thumbnail

WOW!! Two chapters in a row! And you say you're a lazy writer heh😏 The story is moving. Glad to see that both of them are aware of their feelings! Noshini is a treat to read! Sooo excited to read ahead!

💖💖

Haha thanks! I actually started writing this a while ago but didn't have a storyline in mind so kept writing a few chapters without updating. I am actually almost finished, working on the last few, might just update the full thing when I'm done đŸĽą

Also, thanks for being my cheerleader on this page 💖

Edited by Vintage_flow - 1 years ago