Write A Fan Fiction Based On A Missing Scene

Poll

On which prompt would you write a fan fiction?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
BrhannadaArmour thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Mehandī Hai Racanevālī occasionally told us about events other than what we saw on screen. For fun, here are ten allusions that could serve as prompts for fan fiction writers.

Who is Shveta Raghavan? When Raghav is upset that Jaya won't let him talk to Kirti (February 18 episode), he likes Farhad's suggestion to attend Shveta Raghavan's birthday party. However, his next scene is at a club where nobody mentions a birthday and Anjali is there.

When did Pallavi advertise golden zarī sarees? When Pallavi tells Krishna, just after selling a "classy, elegant" saree for Rs. 3,000, that elite clients will come due to their pouches (used as packaging by Jayati Jewels) and golden saree-zarī (April 8 episode), it seems unlikely that she's talking about ripping Rs. 80,000 worth of zarī from a single saree and spending Rs. 15,000 on raw material (February 22 episode). Was there a scene that never aired, in which Pallavi had the idea to sell golden zarī sarees?

When did Raghav rescue a sick dog? Raghav says to Pallavi (April 8 episode) that she shouldn't mistake him for a sādhu; he had taken a sick dog from the roadside to a hospital just an hour before he kidnapped Pallavi and tied her in front of a truck. We never saw Raghav with a dog; he went from Jaya's hospital waiting room (March 1 episode) to surprising Pallavi in her home (March 2 episode).

How well does Pallavi know Rani? Pallavi called a beggar woman by name, "Rani," telling her not to take Raghav's help, and promising to share her tiffin with her (March 9 episode). Why Rani listened to Pallavi and told Raghav to keep his biscuits and money was left to our imagination.

Is the kājū katalī saleswoman really after Raghav? Raghav told Farhad to go and buy kājū katalī for Ammā, refusing to do it himself because the saleswoman is after him and gives him a headache (March 11 episode). Considering that Raghav was wrong more than once about Pallavi pursuing him, do you suppose he's right?

Who is Pallavi's friend Ragini? When Manasi wasn't available, Pallavi thought that Ragini would help her to cook for the old age home. Krishna told Vijay that Ragini Dīdī visits the shop occasionally. Somehow, we never got to see Pallavi with this friend.

What "boyfriend case" did Dr. Kanika handle for Raghav? When Pallavi saw Raghav giving money to Dr. Kanika, the doctor said that he would have no problem because she had done everything quite perfectly. Raghav thanked Dr. Kanika for keeping the "boyfriend case" in mind, and said that he would remember her favour all his life, and to let him know if she needed money. We never found out what that was about. In their next scene together, Raghav was trying to kill himself and Farhad along with Dr. Kanika.

Why was Raghav going to dress up as an old man? There was a photograph of Raghav in disguise, talking to Farhad, but the scene never aired.

What was Ved planning as Sunny's roommate? Ved was getting in Raghav's face about Mandar, and then nothing happened.

Why did Raghav need to be restrained? This promo did not at all resemble the story that appeared on the show.

Edited by BrhannadaArmour - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Whoever voted, please tell us who you are, so that when you have written your fan fiction on Raghav disguised as an older man, we can find it and read it.

If you update us in this topic, even better!

Viewpoint thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Voted for the last one (Raghav restrained by medical staff after Pallavi leaves him).

Unfortunately, that track was supremely botched by the makers, I stopped watching after his ex made a reappearance and his breakdown did not make sense to me...always assumed that he was changed by something far more deeper than an ordinary breakup. 

At this time, two people have chosen the prompt of Raghav being restrained. Whenever both of you have written your stories on this prompt, it will be interesting to read and compare your ideas for how it would play out.

twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

This is an excellent compilation of writing prompts! I wish I can pick all of them! But wish someone would vote for the boyfriend case and dr. Kanika...that continues to grate...what had the writers been planning....

Edited by twerping - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: twerping

This is an excellent compilation of writing prompts! I wish I can pick all of them! But wish someone would vote for the boyfriend case and dr. Kanika...that continues to grate...what had the writers been planning....

Thank you for liking the compilation. If I recall correctly, I set this poll to "Multiple Votes Allowed," so you can vote for all ten prompts if you wish.

I had Dr. Kanika explain the boyfriend case in my fan fiction, Chapter Twenty-Five:

https://www.indiaforums.com/fanfiction/chapter/29458

Comments and criticism are welcome in that thread or chapter.

Posted: 1 years ago

For Raghav dressing up as an old man, I recommend this amusing story:

Disguise King by unicornwriter

unicornwriter, I request you to migrate it to the Fan Fiction section so that more people can enjoy it.

Posted: 1 years ago

One more writing prompt: who gave Raghav another chance when he failed?

When Pallavi asked Raghav to take back his complaint to the weavers' association and give her thirty days to bring her shop into profit, she said, "Today you're Raghav Rao, but at some point, you must have failed and thought that there was no way to keep trying." Raghav scowled and looked away. Pallavi continued, "And when that happened, someone gave you another chance." Raghav looked surprised, as if searching her face to confirm that she knew a secret from his past. "That's all I am asking of you," Pallavi said, and Raghav gave her the challenge.

I am planning to address this in my fan fiction, but anyone else can also do it. Of course, if such a story already exists, please point it out to me.