Which 90s actress has had the best OTT show till now?

Poll

Which 90s actress has had the best OTT show till now?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 years ago

MENTALHOOD MAY COMEBACK FOR SEASON 2? | PINKVILLA
Aarya - Disney+ Hotstar
Pooja Bhatt reacts to Bombay Begums controversy, says it's a glorious show  | Web Series - Hindustan TimesAranyak (2021) on Netflix USA :: New On Netflix USA - Times News Network
The Fame Game': Madhuri makes her digital debut with Netflix series -  Mashriq Vibe

Edited by diasingh2 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail

I had very low expectations from Aranyak and I was totally surprised when I watched it. Story-line, cinematography, characters etc everything was good in Aranyak. The only complaint I've heard about is that it did not get the 'accents' right, but I can live with that.smiley36

Arya season 1 was TOP-NOTCHsmiley32 and I would've definitely voted for it, only if its season 2 could live up to its expectations. (also if I hadn't watched Raveena's show).

Bombay Begums was surprisingly good, and the story-line kept me hooked.

Mentalhood was nothing extraordinary, but it was not bad either.smiley20 It tried to tackle a lot of "modern" issues but the makers couldn't dig deep into anythingsmiley21 since it was a light-hearted show.

I feel The Fame Game is easily the weakest in the lot, especially considering it was a Drama/Thriller. It didn't' have an impressive supporting cast (except Manav Kaul), unlike the other 4 shows where the supporting cast truly elevated the show's quality.

Performance wise, Sush, Lolo and Pooja were goodsmiley20 but I feel they couldn't mold themselves into their characters well enough. Madhuri was practically playing a fictional version of herself. 

That's why, I voted for Raveena/Aanyak because not only the show was good, Raveena delved into a character that was nothing like her in real life.smiley32 And she was convincing enough.

The funny thing is I never liked Raveena in the 90s so I'm quite surprised with my vote.😃

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Out of the list, I've only watched Fame Game and it was so disappointing.

All it showed me was how limited Madhuri's acting really is 😔

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Hi everyone I just came here to say that MENTALHOOD is the biggest pile of SHHHHHITTTTEE I have ever ever ever ever ever ever ever witnessed.

Karisma Kapoor.Gif GIF - Karisma kapoor Zero Alina - Discover & Share GIFs

The Fame Game was so-so, kinda boring. Bomay Begums was wonderful. Sounds like I need to watch Sush and Ravs' shows.

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Aranyak seemed to be inspired by Candy.

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Out of the list, I've only watched Fame Game and it was so disappointing.

All it showed me was how limited Madhuri's acting really is 😔

She used to be such a powerhouse of a performer in the 90s.

But looks like her acting skills have regressed now and they get worse with her every 'comeback'.🤔

diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

Hi everyone I just came here to say that MENTALHOOD is the biggest pile of SHHHHHITTTTEE I have ever ever ever ever ever ever ever witnessed.

Karisma Kapoor.Gif GIF - Karisma kapoor Zero Alina - Discover & Share GIFs

The Fame Game was so-so, kinda boring. Bomay Begums was wonderful. Sounds like I need to watch Sush and Ravs' shows.

I totally recommend watching Arya and Aranyak, definetly better than Mentalhood. 👍🏼

Also, I don't think Mentalhood was THAT bad.  Sure it was cheesy & ridiculous at several points, but I'm sure there are even worse shows out there.😆

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Also, I don't think Mentalhood was THAT bad.  Sure it was cheesy & ridiculous at several points, but I'm sure there are even worse shows out there.😆

Cheesy is absolutely fine. I wish that was all that was wrong with it. I will list some problems below but the biggest issue is the writing, I would be SHOCKED if it was written by anyone over the age of 12.

- There are scenes where Karisma looks at the camera by mistake and they kept it in the edit. 

- The background music is not just too loud and distracting but it's totally OFF sync with the scene.

- The acting is SO BAD. It's like Karisma is working on a drama serial, another actress is working in a slapstick comedy, another one in an eerie sci-fi flick, another one in a 70s sit-com.

- And it's tone-DEAF in every episode, which is worrying to say the least.

BUT...it's so bad that it's good, I am enjoying the atrocity of it all.

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

I have watched only aarya and it was good 

Almirah thumbnail

I loved Raveena as a cop in Aranyak. She is easily the best actress by far among the ones in the poll. She was fabulous in Satta.