Mrs and Mr Shameem (ZEE5) Nauman Ejaz, Saba Qamar, Hamza Sohail

awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Hello everybody. šŸ˜Š

This was earlier named: Man Jogi .

Written by: Saji Gul, Directed by: Kashif Nisar .. starring Saba and Nauman and others.

Promos are out , and it is very interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/ZEE5/videos/834823980652186/?app=fbl

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BlueWaters20 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This looks really good. Shame itā€™s on Zee5, not willing to pay them.

I wish Netflix or Amazon would contract Pakistani dramas like this.

Mirage09 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Woah! This looks great.. I am liking this pair. Nauman is breaking stereotypes and going bold!šŸ‘ Wish it was on prime or netflix. 

awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlueWaters20

I think Zee5 is doing good making these good quality Pakistani dramas. They are promoting Pakistani content, and making the world aware of it.

Anyway.. I hope someone upload for free.šŸ˜³

awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mirage09

Woah! This looks great.. I am liking this pair. Nauman is breaking stereotypes and going bold!šŸ‘ Wish it was on prime or netflix. 

Agree. This looks amazing from all aspects.. and if it aired on the best of net platforms it would've been even better.

azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Netflix is way more expensive and so is Amazon

ZEE5 is much more affordable for the South Asian region.. in other countries like America it is much more expensive but for them it's a good platform

BlueWaters20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: azaanabbas

Netflix is way more expensive and so is Amazon

ZEE5 is much more affordable for the South Asian region.. in other countries like America it is much more expensive but for them it's a good platform

Iā€™m British so thatā€™s not really relevant to me. Zee5 is very niche, thereā€™s nothing on there that I want to watch, this is the first show thatā€™s appealed to me, so Iā€™m not willing to pay. With Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple, you get a huge bang for your buck.   Also Netflix is only like Ā£7 and Amazon Prime is around Ā£4.  A deal with a legitimate, strong OTT company like Netflix would also do wonders for the Pakistani film and TV industry. Zee5 is a small fish in a big pond and will do very little for Pakistani media in the long run.

Edited by BlueWaters20 - 2 years ago
azaanabbas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Iā€™m British so thatā€™s not really relevant to me. Zee5 is very niche, thereā€™s nothing on there that I want to watch, this is the first show thatā€™s appealed to me, so Iā€™m not willing to pay. With Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple, you get a huge bang for your buck.   Also Netflix is only like Ā£7 and Amazon Prime is around Ā£4.  A deal with a legitimate, strong OTT company like Netflix would also do wonders for the Pakistani film and TV industry. Zee5 is a small fish in a big pond and will do very little for Pakistani media in the long run.

The same can be said for some people with Netflix/Prime... everyone has different tastes. Zee5 is Indian content and many South Asian's could already be subscribed to it or might go for a one month plan. 

You seem to be lucky because Netflix is now 13.99 in the USA and Prime is 149 for the year here. ZEE5 is 49 dollars for the entire year. And of course, they have monthly plans that are far cheaper. I'm not saying Z5 is better than the latter, but you have to look at this from a perspective for a audience that barely likes to pay to watch shows. There was such outrage when Aangan was not going to be on YouTube, so imagine if they had to pay such a premium price to watch one show that they don't know they would like.

Netflix has a Pakistani show coming soon, 3 seasons/13 episodes each. And till now some areas of Pakistan haven't warmed up to OTT cause they find it to be too much, since a lot of Pakistan is conservative. I remember on Twitter, people were actually upset abt Pakistan having a Netflix original coming because they thought it'd promote feminism and blah blah. So it's a big gamble for Netflix or Prime or Disney+ to even make a original show from Pakistan. India on the other hand has a huge population that's liberal-sided so even a small group can be a big and profitable. 

And in the end I don't think any of these OTT's can help TV industry until the ratings themselves drop. If some dramas that got highest ratings and were different, still couldn't change writers from making a lot of the heavy crap that you see on TV today. Other countries rely on OTT ratings as well to see content making; for example Korea which puts a large chunk of their shows on Netflix, and America too; they count STAR/Hulu/Prime ratings. ARY could care less about how many views this show gets if Baddua is still topping at Monday 8pm locally.

ZEE5 is a small fish in the pond because there's not enough water yet to make a lake, let alone a ocean. I know few people that went from watching a lot of Pakistani shows to so few because of the repetitive concepts, and that's something that's not good for OTT to look at, where the audience would rather switch over to some other countries entertainment. Until ZEE5 makes the right impact and even reaches enough audiences to get interested in OTT, this is the most we will get probably.

BlueWaters20 thumbnail

Originally posted by: azaanabbas

The same can be said for some people with Netflix/Prime... everyone has different tastes. Zee5 is Indian content and many South Asian's could already be subscribed to it or might go for a one month plan. 

You seem to be lucky because Netflix is now 13.99 in the USA and Prime is 149 for the year here. ZEE5 is 49 dollars for the entire year. And of course, they have monthly plans that are far cheaper. I'm not saying Z5 is better than the latter, but you have to look at this from a perspective for a audience that barely likes to pay to watch shows. There was such outrage when Aangan was not going to be on YouTube, so imagine if they had to pay such a premium price to watch one show that they don't know they would like.

Netflix has a Pakistani show coming soon, 3 seasons/13 episodes each. And till now some areas of Pakistan haven't warmed up to OTT cause they find it to be too much, since a lot of Pakistan is conservative. I remember on Twitter, people were actually upset abt Pakistan having a Netflix original coming because they thought it'd promote feminism and blah blah. So it's a big gamble for Netflix or Prime or Disney+ to even make a original show from Pakistan. India on the other hand has a huge population that's liberal-sided so even a small group can be a big and profitable. 

And in the end I don't think any of these OTT's can help TV industry until the ratings themselves drop. If some dramas that got highest ratings and were different, still couldn't change writers from making a lot of the heavy crap that you see on TV today. Other countries rely on OTT ratings as well to see content making; for example Korea which puts a large chunk of their shows on Netflix, and America too; they count STAR/Hulu/Prime ratings. ARY could care less about how many views this show gets if Baddua is still topping at Monday 8pm locally.

ZEE5 is a small fish in the pond because there's not enough water yet to make a lake, let alone a ocean. I know few people that went from watching a lot of Pakistani shows to so few because of the repetitive concepts, and that's something that's not good for OTT to look at, where the audience would rather switch over to some other countries entertainment. Until ZEE5 makes the right impact and even reaches enough audiences to get interested in OTT, this is the most we will get probably.

Objectively speaking you do get more content on Amazon, Netflix, etc. Zee5 isnā€™t even comparable. The price is minuscule because the content is limited and subpar. In my neck of the woods however, the price is equivalent to Prime and `Netflix; so essentially money down the drain unless you actually like Indian Dramas and films enough to pay for them (and honestly I donā€™t know anyone who does).   

The argument isnā€™t whether Pakistani audiences are ā€˜warming upā€™ to OTT platforms. The point Iā€™m making is that if Pakistani content must be produced by OTT platforms, Netflix and Amazon would serve the industry better in the long run than Zee5, which has a very limited reach. 

Again, Zee5ā€™s reach is extremely limited; the exposure and investment provided by the aforementioned platforms are much more likely to ā€˜make the right impactā€™ than little ole Zee5.  

Iā€™ll be honest, I barely watch Pakistani content. Iā€™ll sometimes catch the first few episodes of a new drama,  I almost never watch them in full, because theyā€™re all pretty crap. From what I have seen the Zee5 ones look marginally better. To make a real impact and actually get a solid mature audience, however, they will have to move towards global platforms.  

Or perhaps Pakistani media just isnā€™t ready to produce solid, well written, content. In which case the platform doesnā€™t matter, they may as well stick to TV.  

ETA: I get what youā€™re saying about Zee5 being more affordable in some regions. However when you break down what youā€™re getting for the money, itā€™s not value for money. At all. The only people I can see being interested in paying for a zee5 subscription are those who habitually watch Indian TV and films, and those people will normally be from the Indo-Pak region. Outside that region ainā€™t nobody going to pay for it. 

ETA: I donā€™t mean any of this in a mean way. Just wanted to say that, as sometimes when youā€™re writing online it can come across acromonious. We just have different takes/opinions. 

Edited by BlueWaters20 - 2 years ago
NINALOGY thumbnail

Something bold yet refreshing. 

Happy to see Pak dramas on OTT platforms. I hope soon Netflix and Amazon also collab with Pak dramas.