Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

briahna thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

btw...all covid restrictions lifted here. after 2.5 yrs I will be heading to theatre, Fab 25❤️

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I know right.😆..if nepotism is the excuse....why is Shraddha showered with so much love....at least Alia is an amazing actress...

Alia gets hate because of Kjo camp I think 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

No its not....but feminists these days are looking to find offense in every thing..what can any one do...you give a woman a compliment and someone will behead you saying...that was offensive....see I can't argue with that.....even the most beautiful and genuine compliment can be turned into an abuse...can't argue with that thinking you know.....these days one has to be politically correct in everything....I will say ...just breathe.....😆

About this not being a Bhansali movie...well it is a lot subdued....and he has to make some changes...after all he is not making a documentary that everything has to look original...remember what happened to 83...😆

You're making it about feminism while I wasn't even thinking about it because muses can be men, too. Don't believe?

Ok. here you go. A list of Top 20 muses of artists. tell me which one of these names you recognize. i can prob bet almost none. You will prob recognize the artists, though. These muses are women.

https://magazine.artland.com/20-famous-muses/

Here are director's muses. Some are men. You know what's common in those director-muse movies? They're all more recognized as the director's work.

https://www.flavorwire.com/258508/directors-and-their-on-screen-muses

Except none of these directors were nasty enough to go and call the ACTORS (male or female) while promoting their work because it would've come across as belittling. 

Muse sounds like it should be a compliment, but it is not. It basically says that the effort belongs to the artist/director, and the other person gave inspiration and moral support. 

C'mon, BI. You know very well what Bhansali is like. It's always going to be HIS vision, actor be damned. Ranbir said it, and so did even someone like Salman. This muse thing was 100% meant to convey SLB is in the driver's seat.

And no, the film no way looks subdued. It is, as usual, quite loud. I was/am excited to watch because it's been a while since we've had a decent female character who's not weepy about her situation. Yes, I am watching because I am a feminist😆, and I am 100% proud of it.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
briahna thumbnail

can we pls stop this debate over muses and focus on our gal aloo.

pls 

many thanks!

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

can we pls stop this debate over muses and focus on our gal aloo.

pls 

many thanks!

OK. 😆 She looks good. I loved the song with the love interest. She even walks and holds herself differently. I think she put on a little weight for the role. It suits her.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 2 years ago
briahna thumbnail

major reason aloo is hated is RK

if repo is the reason then Bollywood needs a major clean up..cos 99.9% are nepos.

abh ranveer singh ko leh loh...suna hai uski ki daadi bollywood ki champ thi...

btw...alia said in an interview her and ranveer Singh are best friends❤️

awww so sweet

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

You're making it about feminism while I wasn't even thinking about it because muses can be men, too. Don't believe?

Ok. here you go. A list of Top 20 muses of artists. tell me which one of these names you recognize. i can prob bet almost none. You will prob recognize the artists, though. These muses are women.

https://magazine.artland.com/20-famous-muses/

Here are director's muses. Some are men. You know what's common in those director-muse movies? They're all more recognized as the director's work.

https://www.flavorwire.com/258508/directors-and-their-on-screen-muses

Except none of these directors were nasty enough to go and call the ACTORS (male or female) while promoting their work because it would've come across as belittling. 

Muse sounds like it should be a compliment, but it is not. It basically says that the effort belongs to the artist/director, and the other person gave inspiration and moral support. 

C'mon, BI. You know very well what Bhansali is like. It's always going to be HIS vision, actor be damned. Ranbir said it, and so did even someone like Salman. This muse thing was 100% meant to convey SLB is in the driver's seat.

And no, the film no way looks subdued. It is, as usual, quite loud. I was/am excited to watch because it's been a while since we've had a decent female character who's not weepy about her situation. Yes, I am watching because I am a feminist😆, and I am 100% proud of it.

Yes I know and I don't like him at all...😆 I am not defending SLB....I am defending Alia here....and she did subdue Bhansali's original style...powerful actors have done that before....AB Sr, Rani and Manisha have done that and now its Alia....GanguBai is not an SLB signature movie.....

Also there is nothing wrong in being a feminist....my brother calls himself a very proud feminist......I was talking about going extreme....and trying to look for something wrong in even an innocent thing....How can being an inspiration be wrong?(Don't answer it😆)

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Alia gets hate because of Kjo camp I think 

I know....That saanp is bad news

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: priya185

Alia gets hate due to nepotism 

that’s not true 

Kiara Yami Kriti Shraddha and others can act

I respect your opinion, don’t want to get into an argument!!! I’ll stick to my opinion that only Alia can act…

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: briahna

major reason aloo is hated is RK

if repo is the reason then Bollywood needs a major clean up..cos 99.9% are nepos.

abh ranveer singh ko leh loh...suna hai uski ki daadi bollywood ki champ thi...

btw...alia said in an interview her and ranveer Singh are best friends❤️

awww so sweet

It's a combo. KJo brings the majority hate IMO. He just pushed her too much. Look, she's good as an actor. But there are many who are equally good and some better in BW. 

So it isn't just nepo. It's nepo plus.

Also, the comments made by the Bhatts certainly didn't help.

RK is only a minor part of the story.