Posted: 2 years ago

Rajkumar Rao's coming out scene in the climax is not just one of the most powerful moments in a Bollywood film in the last few years but also one of Rajkumar's best performances till date! 

He and Sheeba Chaddha were brilliant in the film. Bhoomi was really good too. Overall a lovely film to get back to theatres with. Nothing over the top, nothing crass, no moral lectures nothing. Very simple and realistic romcom about two homosexual couples.

Originally posted by Justice4Samosa

Rajkumar Rao's coming out scene in the climax is not just one of the most powerful moments in a Bollywood film in the last few years but also one of Rajkumar's best performances till date! 

He and Sheeba Chaddha were brilliant in the film. Bhoomi was really good too. Overall a lovely film to get back to theatres with. Nothing over the top, nothing crass, no moral lectures nothing. Very simple and realistic romcom about two homosexual couples.

glad to hear that you liked it

This was a good watch! Enjoyed watching in theatres after a long time. One of the more sensitively portrayed LGBTQ films released recently.

What a wonderful film. Best queer film to come out of mainstream bollywood. Entire cast was brilliant but Rajkumar Rao and Sheena Chaddha have my heart. What a performance. 

10/10

watched it on Netflix yesterday..ok movie, but appreciate the initiation to break the taboo.

I think the lack of Ayushman makes this one more enjoyable. The social taboo comedy drama has become really tired though. 

Do appreciate how quickly the presentation of queer characters is changing. You would blink and miss Sonam's character was a lesbian woman in Ek Ladki, just 3 years ago. 

I just watched Badhai Do tonight. I was skeptical because Shubh Mangal Zyada Savdhan was so garish and relied on so many stereotypes. 

I was one of the few who appreciated ELKDTAL, but after watching Badhai Do, I can see how many opportunities it wasted. Bollywood has indeed come a long way. 

Badhai Do is a sweet film with a big heart. It blends family drama, romance, and humor in the right balance to give an entertaining film. What I enjoyed is the gay couples have their meet-cutes and love songs. They are framed just how any couple falling in love would be. 

The movie does feel bloated as it seems like the movie tries to take on many issues. A tighter narrative would have been much better, but it is all done with such sincerity showing real challenges that I don't begrudge the elements. The whole cast does a great job. I can't wait for more queer romances in Bollywood. 

This movie I watched it yesterday and it's so beautifulšŸ˜­

Finally watched the movie today . Beautiful, funny , heart warming ā€¦

Loved it . The relationships are shown So gently .. acting is top notch of everyone 

not to be missed