Seesaw and character development

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

Its late here but just wanted to post an observation.

Have you noticed how we are being shown different aspects of all the characters & one day we like them and then we’re shown them behaving in a way we disapprove- like a seesaw! 

Firstly Deepika - its been said many times but D as she was introduced, then her less than admirable behaviour with Vikrant covering up then falling for him now getting a hold of herself

Vikrant: obnoxious, manipulative but still a damn good surgeon very genuine and caring with his patients. Vulnerable despite his sins

Abhay: started off as judgmental headstrong and volatile, but so kind and genuine, how we all love him

Sia: self centred, dominating and spoilt but becoming more mature through her experiences, still lapsing with her overlooking Wasims trauma and making a fuss about him coming for a coffee ignoring his comment about perfume and the toxins involved in making it. 

Aditi: we all sympathised with her position, her words about her efforts to make her marriage and a home for her husband, then she loses that sympathy by her low- down and selfish behaviour with a patient 

Many more examples but the point is each character is going through changes, they are not just erratic to drive the story as with most shows, they have a reason for behaving as they do, whether we like it or not its usually understandable at some level. Lots of little touches are added in to sketch the characters and the changes they are going through via challenges and lessons they face

All of them are growing and maturing at different stages in front of us. 

Execution may be flawed sometimes but I do give credit to the writers to make something quite different from the usual tv shows and I for one am interested in the journeys of all the characters 

what do you think? 

Tagging a few people whose handles I remember but its for all the lovely people here 

Edited by velvetscarf - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShinyMishka thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I completely agree with you. All of the characters go through evolutions and stages where we really dislike them. I think it seems erratic to us because sometimes they change drastically in a span of an episode. However, I'm interested in seeing what the end result will be. I don't think anyone can say anything for sure about any character's arc. All the actors are also asking us to be patient and just watch the story, so I'm trusting they will not disappoint. 

SONIA441 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

I concur. That's why I love DZK. The characters are real & flawed πŸ€—

They're all undergoing various types of issues currently & their moral radar acts different individually.

While Most have tried to explain the same by creating different topics on the MF, this sums up our issues as viewers pretty well πŸ˜³

velvetscarf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: SONIA441

I concur. That's why I love DZK. The characters are real & flawed πŸ€—

They're all undergoing various types of issues currently & their moral radar acts different individually.

While Most have tried to explain the same by creating different topics on the MF, this sums up our issues as viewers pretty well πŸ˜³

I really find myself seesawing and find its not really possible to label each character as good or bad. Just take Aditi, natural sympathy towards her as a wronged wife but they made her show a side of her character that was really disappointing. So its refreshing to see she is not automatically shown as the good innocent person but someone who has her own flaws. 
tbh they could have toned it down and we would have got the point, this audience is not so immature at least here on IF. 

though execution wise the point should have been made that treatment depends on the stage & condition of each patient. The lady needed urgent surgery as she was at risk of deterioration (based on the way D initially responded) while immunotherapy is a longer term treatment when you have months in hand. 

Antara123 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I agree. That's why I love this show. It's so real. All the characters are doing their job perfectly well, but there are days they are upset and still do their jobs, there are days when they are happy and do their jobs..