Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tetul thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Rekha had never been a big star. Hema ki level ki bhi nahin. Sridevi toh bohat dur. 

Rekha's claim to fame was a few low budget sleeper hits like Khoobsurat and all. 

Edited by Galouti - 2 years ago
RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

Sridevi at her prime. But after her prime was over, Sri willingly stayed away from the limelight. Rekha on the other hand was a diva and discussed for her personal life much more so than Sri in recent years.

SRI willingly stayed away from limelight as She was shy and not media-savvy. But that doesn't mean She was over. She again proved Herself in Her comeback films.

And remaining away from limelight doesn't take away Her Iconic Diva Status.

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: atominis

Undoubtedly Sridevi.

She has more hits, more popularity, was #1 in 3 different industries so had a pan Indian appeal.

She has more woman dominated hits. 

She was named first female superstar and clear #1 and some even called her lady Amitabh Bachchan.

She was paid more than all male actors except Amitabh.

Rekha remains more in news now but she had a rough journey. She was doing small roles in 60s, 70s. She hit it big as a solo star only when Khubsoorat succeeded. Otherwise she was entirely overshadowed by likes of Hema, Parveen, Zeenat in 70s. She began to rise from late 70s to early 80s but again got overshadowed when Sridevi arrived.

She was taken seriously as an actor only with Ghar and Umrao Jaan.

She seems like a bigger star only because she remains most in limelight. Whereas Sridevi became a recluse after marriage and never did any PR nor knew how to market herself. Rekha in contrast has mastered art of making headlines like no one else. 

Rekha was not a decade defining star like Hema Malini or Sridevi or MD. 

can u tell me how to unblock someone in this forum ?

Edited by RoNoSarKar7 - 2 years ago
RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: RoNoSarKar7

can u tell me how to unblock someone in this forum ?

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail

rekha could neither match hema's success in 70s nor Sridevi's success in 80s. In fact, many rather most people did not consider her a clear no.1. 

Edited by RoNoSarKar7 - 2 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Lmaoooo!!! Obviously SRIDEVI. Absolute no-BRAINER.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Both Telugu girls ruled in their respective decades. But Sridevi had an edge with her South Indian cinema where Rekha doesn't have much impact.

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Both Telugu girls ruled in their respective decades. But Sridevi had an edge with her South Indian cinema where Rekha doesn't have much impact.

While I agree that SRIDEVI ruled Bollywood, I don't agree that rekha ever ruled. rekha never ruled as such. It was mumtaz and hema who ruled the 70's and Sridevi ruled the 80's.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: RoNoSarKar7

While I agree that SRIDEVI ruled Bollywood, I don't agree that rekha ever ruled. rekha never ruled as such. It was mumtaz and hema who ruled the 70's and Sridevi ruled the 80's.

Hema was like Katrina of the 70s while Rekha was the Deepika. As in both were almost equally popular.