Better Theme Music : Padmaavat vs Bajirao Mastani ?

Poll

Better Theme Music : Padmaavat vs Bajirao Mastani ?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bajirao Mastani😊

Padmavat was a pretty forgettable movie in all aspects!

JayaBachan thumbnail

Padmavat hands down! The theme music is the reason why I watched the movie in the first place. In fact, I sometimes listen to it while I’m driving and imagine myself in a scenario where this dramatic music is suitable. I get so engrossed in my imagination that I even choke up with emotion because of how fabulous my acting in the scene is.

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago
bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Bajirao because it sounds so powerful 💪

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollyqueen0

Bajirao because it sounds so powerful 💪

Vishal Dadlani & Sukhwinder Singh are two of the most power packed voices in Bollywood ❤️

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AdrakKombucha

Vishal Dadlani & Sukhwinder Singh are two of the most power packed voices in Bollywood ❤️

So true. I love their voices. You don't realize how irreplaceable they are until someone else attempts to sing their songs. It just doesn't hit the same.  

filmfanatic45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Padmaavat, because of Binte Dil.

Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Love Bajirao Mastani more but Padmavat was next level powerful. I literally felt like I was transported back to that era. 

Justice4Samosa thumbnail

Bajirao Mastani by miles. The background music, the aesthetics, the costumes, songs and the sound design. Immediately transported me to that world. One of my favorite SLB films despite all the theatrics towards the climax and war scenes.

Loved reading these bits from the sound designer of BM, Biswadeep Chatterjee's interview sometime back. Much deserved National Award for BM 👏

As a Sound Designer, I want to take the Director’s viewpoint and try to weave a parallel ‘sound story’, that would compliment the film. For a subject like Bajirao Mastani, I imagined Peshwa Bajirao’s orthodox Brahmin household of the 1700s among other things, would be surrounded by spiritual sounds; of temple bells, conches, mantras, bhajans and aartis.

My research led me to a temple in Wai, near Panchgani, where a religious congregation of Brahmins from all over Maharashtra gathered to chant the Vedas annually. Bajirao was from Maharashtra and I wanted the chants to have an authentic ‘Marathi overtone’. It was soon followed by very graceful senior women who gathered to sing old Marathi Bhajans. I have subtly used these sounds around ‘Shaniwaar Wada’ - Bajirao’s house; the bhajans were softly floating in through Kashibai’s new bedroom.

Though he cherishes every moment working on the movie, his favourite scene is the climax when the ailing and delusional Bajirao imagines his soldiers are attacking him. “Since the scene is surreal, I used garbled Buddhist chants and high pitched tribal howls to create an eerie atmosphere. This was interspersed with the Mahamrityunjay mantra and conch shells being blown in temples for his well being, which is quite a juxtaposition,” he recalled.

Edited by Justice4Samosa - 2 years ago
KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Bajirao Mastani. There were 1-2 songs that I liked from Padmavat but BM took the cake for me.