Rajpal Yadav carried chup chup ke on his back

Posted: 2 years ago

i swear Rajpal did all the heavy lifting in that movie yet Shahid Kapoor gets all the credit 

it was Rajpal, Shakti Kapoor, Paresh rawal and then Om puri 

Shahid was fine but Rajpal definitely shined the most alongside Paresh Rawal. Overall a great underrated movie honestly, not sure why it flopped. 

Maybe it needed Akshay in Shahid's role lol.  

Couldn’t agree more. 

Fun movie and RY was really good 😆

OMG. He was iconic in this movie. These two scenes still makes me tear up from laughter.

https://youtu.be/YLKNxza1Qx8 

https://youtu.be/P68K7qFQxIY

I still remember this film being pitted with Phir Hera Pheri and that's one of the reasons.

Shahid wasn't an actor whom people would watch in theatres. He was equally good but he has been underrated throughout his career. 

Edited by moonv - 2 years ago

Rajpal Yadav is actually a pretty good actor even when he's not doing his silly monkey antics. 😆

I recently watched this movie with him as the lead actor, Main Meri Patni or Woh where he plays this short, insecure guy who marries a gorgeous, taller girl completely out of his league. He can't believe his luck that a girl like her even agreed to marry him, and once they do, the entire movie follows how his insecurities wreak havoc on his life. He cooks up this amazing khichdi in his head every time his wife interacts with another guy from the milkman to the rickshaw wala to decent looking male friends and jumps to worst possible conclusions. I think that movie was hilarious while keeping it real and worth a watch. 

Originally posted by SmittenKitten

Rajpal Yadav is actually a pretty good actor even when he's not doing his silly monkey antics. 😆

I recently watched this movie with him as the lead actor, Main Meri Patni or Woh where he plays this short, insecure guy who marries a gorgeous, taller girl completely out of his league. He can't believe his luck that a girl like her even agreed to marry him, and once they do, the entire movie follows how his insecurities wreak havoc on his life. He cooks up this amazing khichdi in his head every time his wife interacts with another guy from the milkman to the rickshaw wala to decent looking male friends and jumps to worst possible conclusions. I think that movie was hilarious while keeping it real and worth a watch. 

I am going to watch this on the weekend. Thank you 🤗

No one talked about Sunil Sherry’s dance in dil vich Lagiya ve? 😆

Edited by Nishita123 - 2 years ago

Well, I actually thought Shahid was very cute in the dumb/mute guy role in Chup chup ke. He did what was required for the role.

But yes, it is the comic timing of actors like Rajpal Yadav, Om Puri, Paresh Rawal, Asrani and Shakti Kapoor that made early 2000s Priyadarshan comedies so memorable. Have watched Chup Chup ke, malaamal weekly and hulchul countless times on lazy Sunday afternoons with family. ⭐️

That film is watchable only due to Rajpal, Om Puri, Paresh, Shakti Kapoor etc.

Shahid paled in comparison. I never heard of Shahid getting credit for this film. Or any film for that matter except Kaminey and Kabir Singh.

Shahid IMO is the most overrated actor in history of Indian cinema and got way too many chances despite his flops.

In initial stages of his career he was a poor copy of SRK, always trying to mimic him or copy his hairstyle and expressions like a wannabe. 

If not for that affair with Bebo and films like JWM or rumour of affair with Amrita, he would have been forgotten in 2000s.