Same pinch! 🤗 I’m the admin of IG FC @d3gang_lovers

JugHo786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

OS 2 - Time

Blue - Abhi
Pink - Akshu

"Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts."

They met each other in college. Their friendship did not take much time to blossom into love. They were the stereotypes of their class. They were not okay with it but they did not mind it either. Love is such a vast feeling; however, the possibilities of falling in love are very few. You either have to be childhood friends or meet in college. And in that way every couple, some way or the other was a typecast, but in each other's eyes, they couldn't probably be more perfect.
Similar was the situation with Abhimanyu and Akshara. If anyone saw them separately, they could have never believed that "people" who are just so different can possibly be going out together. Abhi was half English; Akshu was a Punjabi, although she did not look like one. They had a height difference of almost one foot, which made them look like brother and sister. Akshu's hair was mousy in colour, her cheeks were pale and she had long exceeded her ideal weight by ten full pounds. As far as Abhimanyu is concerned, he was PERFECT by all modern standards. When asked about Akshara, he would proudly rattle off in his broken hindi- "Laila ko Majnu ki Aakhon Se Dekho."(See Laila through Majnu's eyes, only then can you appreciate her real beauty). Like the everlasting tale of Laila and Majnu, TIME again stood testament to witness a Love so pristine and pure, that it was tempted to challenge two lovers once again. In 21st Century, where "Move On" seems to be the IT word, Can the power of true LOVE ever survive? Can it outshine the troubles that lie on its path and emerge as a Winner? Time had to see, so did Abhimanyu and Akshara who had already promised each other a lifetime of togetherness.

Abhi was in office one day, when he gets a call from Aarohi, Akshu's sister. He was surprised to hear that she had fainted in her workplace and had to be carried back home immediately. He rushed to her apartment to find his otherwise jovial better half, looking weak and extremely tired.
"What happened, baby?"
"Ah… Ummm... well...nothing really, I am fine"
"No you are not! I will take to the doctor, first thing tomorrow morning"
"Please don't do that. It is just that I did not sleep properly last night...you know na how much I hate having tablets. Give me another chance, please?"
"Chance? It is your health for God's sake"
"Pllleaaaseee"
"Okay! But this is the last time, and I mean it."
"That's like my baby.” - said Akshu as she pulled him close and planted a kiss on his cheek.

The next morning Akshu vomited blood and hit her head on the wash-basin, after which she collapsed on the bathroom floor. The next time she opened her eyes, she was in the hospital surrounded by dozens of bouquets from friends and relatives.
"What am I, a terminally ill patient or something?"- She said on finding Abhi & Aru sitting by her side.
"Ha, nice one, Now please be a good girl and rest, while I go talk to the doctor."
"Rest, what rest? I can't even remember the last time I was awake. Please don't leave me here."
"We will be back, I promise"- said Aru as they left the room.
Little did they know that what they were about to hear would change their life, ESPECIALLY HIS, FOREVER.
Abhimanyu rushed into the washroom, crying out loud in disbelief. Why did this happen to her? Her... of all people? Someone who would not even hurt a mosquito, why? Why? WHY? 
Akshara had been diagnosed with Blood Cancer. She was in her second stage. Chemotherapy would help but it could not guarantee her recovery. Her condition was delicate and a decision had to be taken, fast, very fast.
When informed about her present condition, Akshara could not help but laugh.

"Me? Cancer? Impossible"
"Everything, will be fine please co-operate"
"Fine? I am Fine? The doctor does not know anything!"
Without saying anything else, Abhi hugged her tight, while Aru held her hand tightly. Within moments Akshu melted in his arms, crying out loud, unable to register any of the recent happenings. For all she knew, this could not be happening to her, not now at least.

A week later, Akshu's treatment began. For a girl who despised medicines and syringes, chemotherapy was something way out of her league. Twice a week, she was made to succumb to the most excruciating pain but after some time she had become obvious to all bodily activities. What made her weep was Abhi, who stood outside the operation hall, watching her helplessly without making an effort to wipe his tears effortlessly flowing down his cheek. Time also stood beside them, thinking that this was just a passing phase, and Abhi would soon grow tired of this and just resign to his fate.
But Abhimanyu did not give up, he stood by Akshara giving her as much support as he could. After six sessions of therapy, she had lost incredible amount of weight and she was nearly bald. She felt that she could take no more, but for Abhimanyu's sake she did not say a word. She wanted to get married, have kids, but everything seemed impossible right now. 

Four months and ten sessions later, Akshara was reduced to a mere vegetable, unable to respond to almost anything happening near her. But that night was different, that night she felt uncannily strong. She felt capable of doing almost anything, and she knew what she wanted more than anything else in the world.

"How are you feeling, honey? - Abhi asked as he entered the room.
"Fine"
"I see."
"Make Love to me."
"What?"
"Pleasee..."
"Have you gone insane or something? What about your no sex before marriage rule?"
"Please. Do as I say… Make love to me, please."
"You are too weak; please don't make me do this."
"Ok, fine, go then. Leave me alone."- said Akshara as she turned her head to the other side.
Abhi looked at her intently, he wondered why she had such a sudden demand, but he knew he could do anything to get that smile back on her face. He turned her face towards him, caressing her chin ever so softly, he whispered near her mouth – “only because mein apni Akshu ki kahi koi baat ttaal nahi sakta.” and kissed her gently as he slid into her bed, under the same blanket. She kissed him back as he undressed her. He caressed her body tenderly as he made love to her, trying to be as careful as possible. That night, they slept in each other's arms without worrying about lay in the future. It was the present that mattered; it was all they ever had. 

Akshara had died that night; just a few hours after Abhi fulfilled her last wish. She had written a note to him saying-

"If I were a bird, you made me fly,
If I was a human, you gifted me the entire sky.
(Ya, I know I am not entirely poetic but so what?)
Thank You for being there for me. I am finally convinced that you love me, much more than I ever did. Sorry for making your life such a mess, and forgive me for leaving early.
-Yours forever".

Abhi stood next to her grave, lost in his thoughts, thinking about a world where he would be again united with the love of his life. TIME stood next to him, crying out loud. But neither could Abhimanyu hear it, nor could the people around him.

there goes the 2nd OS. I wrote on a difft couple but wanted to see how it panned out on AbhiRa as well. Hope you all like it.

T

Edited by JugHo786 - 2 years ago
sheet_leher thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Heyy, 

Really awesome writing 👏

Was heartbroken in the end, but then, you portrayed all their emotions beautifully.

Loved the different take on Akshu and Abhi. 

Thanks for writing this and hope you write something again 💞

Sam_Faizal thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Loved this OS, it was completely different to what I was expecting. Though it was a sad ending it was so beautifully written, with everything going on in the show, it was definitely nice to see a different story altogether. Please keep writing more.