Thanks to OTT We are getting Series/Movies on Real Heroes

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 years ago

Bollywood has made movies about every Gangster of Mumbai ~ Paisa Wahi Se Aata Hai Shayad!

But finally we are getting series like Sardar Udham and now on Dr. Homi J. Bhabha

Rocket Boys | Celebrating Dr. Homi J. Bhabha’s 112th Birth Anniversary - YouTube

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Yeah Zeal. 

I’m glad that OTT gives us good content ie storytelling.. be it fictional or real. So in a way, we’re spared from movies which might flop due to non-existent storyline. 

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Yeah Zeal. 

I’m glad that OTT gives us good content ie storytelling.. be it fictional or real. So in a way, we’re spared from movies which might flop due to non-existent storyline. 

Absolutely.. we need more of such Series to get some credibility in International Entertainment Industry.. Had enough of leave your brain at home BW content  

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Absolutely.. we need more of such Series to get some credibility in International Entertainment Industry.. Had enough of leave your brain at home BW content  

But unfortunately the leave your brain at home types is what everyone (the masses) loves! Even here in the US. That's why these silly dramas are so popular and we have dumbo celebs (Kardashians).

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.chutney

But unfortunately the leave your brain at home types is what everyone (the masses) loves! Even here in the US. That's why these silly dramas are so popular and we have dumbo celebs (Kardashians).

That's true but BW entertainment is too much skewed toward leave your brain at home types. While in abroad entertainment industries there is some sort of balance. For every Kardashian type BS there will be Meryl Streep type good content. 

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Sardar Udham is Bollywood.  It wasn't made directly for OTT.  It was made for cinemas but sold due to the pandemic.

https://www.outlookindia.com/website/story/entertainment-news-shoojit-sircar-doesnt-feel-guilty-of-opting-for-an-ott-release-for-sardar-udham-its-not-a-mistake/396374

Zeal17 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Sardar Udham is Bollywood.  It wasn't made directly for OTT.  It was made for cinemas but sold due to the pandemic.

OTT is itself part of BW. Maybe the right way to put is Mainstream Cinema Vs OTT. Wherein OTT is churning better content.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mango.chutney

https://youtu.be/V_XRem0N0Ko

my favorite show haha

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

That is such a bogus claim - sardar udham was supposed to release in theaters. So were a bunch of other mainstream movies on real life hero's which were shifted to OTT due to the pandemic: 

Shakuntala

Shershah

Gunjan

Saina

And bollywood before pandemic has already given us many such movies, and the count is way more than the movies on underworld and crime.

On the other hand OTT has given us a plethora of shows and movies on criminals and underworld. The most popular shows are all crime based dramas - sacred games, mirzapur, Arya, special ops, paatallok etc etc 

mango.chutney thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

growing up I had a friend who's mom loved this show too and would tell me about the drama and I was like "that's cool ma'am but idk who these characters are."