Why SRK- Katrina jodi was rejected by the audience?

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 2 years ago

SRK was known as the king of romance because he could have great or at least good chemistry with all his female co-stars.

So what was the reason that Katrina ended up being an exception and his chemistry with her was rejected by most of the audience? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

SRK has aged and not very well.

Katrina is wooden. 

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Because they are an absolutely horrible couple. Katrina is wooden and has dead eyes. Nothing to like. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

I didn't see any chemistry to start with. I think with pairings it's just like that, either you see some chemistry or you don't. Now how much chemistry you see is a matter of perception. I think one of the reasons is that Kat hardly has chemistry with any of her co-stars, it could be due to her limited acting skills, i.e the way she emotes, body language etc. she is very monotonous/robotic in her scenes.

Edited by infinity101 - 2 years ago
JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

because they are bad actors.

JayaBachan thumbnail

Katrina can’t act to save her life or anyone else’s for the matter. Because of this, I have trouble connecting with her character onscreen. To have chemistry, the couple needs to convince the audience that there is a spark, but she can only do so much with her horrid dialogue delivery and non-existent facial expressions. 

Edited by FingerFetish - 2 years ago

Originally posted by: gilmores

Because they are an absolutely horrible couple. Katrina is wooden and has dead eyes. Nothing to like. 

i highly concur!

these two completely bring the worst out of each other 🥱

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Because the saying that *SRK can even romance a log* isn't true at all 😆

I don't think Katrina's mediocre acting is the reason for their lack of chemistry. Katrina otherwise has sizzling chemistry with Akshay and bombastic one with Salman. Her chemistry with Ranbir or even with Imran was cute. So this isn't solely on Katrina. I think SRK and her just don't gel well on screen. It can also be the storyline, because who are we even kidding, JTHJ's storyline was as juvenile as it can get!

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

I actually like their pairing (and I think I am the only one on here who feels that way) but I think the writing lets them down more than their acting or chemistry. Especially Zero which was absolutely terrible and while Katrina had the best part, it did not lend itself to romance with SRK's character.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't see Katrina as a romantic star. She has a narrow range where she thrives- action, self-aware comedy, or item numbers. I think had she been with SRK in Duplicate or Badshah or Yes Boss.....maybe she would have clicked. But as a romantic pair they have no chemistry. 

Btw, despite all that, Katrina Kaif was one of the highlights in zero. I think she really did a good job in that flick.