Karan and the mystery of the night- OS

AS_1958 thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

It was already 8am; however, Karan had not reached the field to train the namunas (oops sorry, recruits!). Mr and Mrs Batra (owners and founders of the academy) were present there to invigilate the training as well. Faizi, Sanjana and others were confused as it was a rare scene that Karan was late (that too 3 hours! impossible). Faizi rushed to Karan's room and found that Karan was still on his bed laying on his stomach. Anyone would have thought that he was sleeping and was careless about the timings but Faizi knew his friend cum brother well enough. There was something amiss, he could feel that. Since Faizi too was taking a lot of time, all the recruits, Sanjana, Ustad ji, Mr and Mrs Batra went to check on them. They saw the scene. Mr Batra was very dissapointed, he immediately yelled, "KARAN GET UP AT ONCE, yeh koi behaviour hai kya? tumhare bharose puri academy chodi hai mene!". Karan did not respond. Monami too felt that something was wrong, his posture was somewhere abnormal. 

She slowly went towards him, everybody were looking at her antics. She held his shoulder and then made him lie on his back, and then when they realised something...... they saw something.....

"#BLOOD!" screamed Chitra. Everybody was shocked to the core. Faizi immediately took Karan to the medical room of the academy. Monami rushed with him since she was a doctor and also was deeply concerned about his condition. 

**After 2 hours**

Monami- "Karan ko kal raat hi goli lagi hai, almost 6 hours pehle. Thankfully voh zyada deep nahi tha so he is out of danger. Par he has high temperature of 103F and might feel very weak for few days. Also, he might cough out blood (idk if this happens, main bus imagine kar rahi hoon) so just call me then."

Faizi- par yeh huya kaise? I mean karan ko goli lagi, voh bed pe tha, academy mein koi awaz nahi ayi, yeh kaise ho sakta hai?

Sanjana- Sirji, CCTV check karein?

Sid- What a faboulous idea, you are very smart sanjana

**everybody glares at him*, sid gulps "nahi chalo chalte hain CCTV room main".

Monami stays with Karan.

IN THE CCTV CAMERA ROOM:

"Damn!!! Someone messed up the the footage!!!" saying so Faizi kicked the wall and a crack formed there. (well, he is an officer at the end of the day)

"Relax Faizi, hum kuch tareeka nikal lenge." Said Mrs Batra.

MEANWHILE, IN THE MEDICAL ROOM:

Monami was lost in her thoughts (afcourse about karan) when karan started coughing very badly. Monami immediately went near his and started patting his back, she rubbed his chest to soothe him. Soon he stopped coughing and lupmed back on the bed. He was dizzy and felt extremely weak. He was trying to say something but it was uncliear so Monami couldn't understand. She caressed his forehead in the attempt to make him asleep which he eventually did. 30 minutes later Dilbagh ji entered with the "healthy" breakfast for karan. Monami woke up Karan. 

Karan- "Mhmm, Mera saarrrr!"

Monami- haan thodi der rahega don't worry, chalo khao yeh"

Karan- "Tum yahan, aur yeh kya hai? Main yeh nahi khaaonga"

Monami- *explains him what all happened* "toh ab agar tumhe hume train karna hai, theek hona hai toh tumhe yeh khana padhega!"

Karan understanding the situation, reluctantly agrees.

Monami- "chalo one last bite."

Karan- "Nahiiii, yeh bohot bland hai, hospital types. And you can't order me i am th...."

before he could finsh

Monami- "do batein! pehli, "i am your doctor for now so i can order you" two "you have to follow me or else you will fall even more sick or Faizi sir might force you which I know he will!"

Karan- "Do batein! pehli "Iss dialogue par mera copyright hai!" doosri, "fine, don't blackmail me, kha raha hoon, wait till I get better" *mutters to himself, "badla loonga fir" however Monami hears that but ignored it for the timing.

Monami- Chalo finish karo.

but the moment karan eats it he again coughs up, this time with blood. Monami keeps the food aside and repeats what she did and gives him a medicine. Karan was already weak and had fever on top of that so after taking the medicine he again falls asleep.

Monami- "chalo yeh toh so gaya, ab nahi uthega 2 hours tak, I'll go the the CCTV room"

CCTV ROOM:

Monami- "kuch pata chala?"

Koel- "Nahi, kisine footage ke sath ched-khani ki hai (someone edited the footage)"

Monami- "Oh! but did Karan sir go anywhere last night?" 

Faizi-"yeah, wait, he went to his house to meet baby (they know that baby is karan's niece)"

Monami- "ask them what happened when Karan le.... I mean karan sir left"

Sanjana- "Haanji sirji, sahi keh rahi hai yo"

Faizi calls up baby.

Baby- "Helllooo, chote chachuu, how alllll yooouuu?" (in her cute voice)

Faize- "hii baby, main bilkul thik hoon, baby kal raat karan chachu aye the na ghar apke?"

Baby- "Yes chachuuu, voh ayyee the, unhone bola tha ki voh mele tha play-play karenge aur tomolow (tomorrow) morning jayenge par voh pehle hi chale gaye!"

Faizi- "baby apko pata hai voh kahan gay?"

Baby-"Voh toh acadmeny gaye the na, aap unse mile nahiiiii?"

Faizi-"Mila baby, accha yeh batao, vod kuch kah rahe the kya?"

Baby-"Unhone kaha hi academy ko unki zaroorat thi uss waqt aur isiliye voooohhh mujhe cholke ja rahe the but aaj ayenge!"

Faizi, Sid, Monami, Koel and Sanjana try to get the clues. While rest are tensed.

Faizi- "Okay, byee baby, actually aaj apke chachu nahi aa payegne par voh kuch days mein pakka ayenge ok?"

Baby- "Okayyy! bye chote chachooo!"

Faizi disconnects the call.

I'll update the part 2 shortly, please do comment and tell me how it is, also please free feel to tell me any more suggestions! I'll be glad!

Byeeee!

As_198 signing off!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AS_1958 thumbnail

Karan and the mystery of the night- PART 2.

Everyone (excluding Karan, of course) take a round in the academy. Sanjana abruptly stops in front of Sid's room (the room in on the ground floor btw). She examines the walls, it seems as if someone had scratched them. She went on the backside and noticed few blood stains. 

Sanju- "Sirji, na yo diwar pe toh khoon ke nishan dikh raho hai, aap zara dekho"

Faizi and team checks the wall,

Faizi- "Sanju tum sahi keh rahi ho, hume lag raha hai ki yahan par kuch toh huya hai."

Col Batra- "Faizi, mein apne experience se boloon to iss specific spot ki CCTV footage wapis check karni chahiye. Mujrim hamesha koi na koi galti karta hai."

Faizi- "Yes, Sir!"

IN CCTV CAMERA ROOM:

Faizi again replays the footage, but nothing is found. After replaying 4 times, Monami notices something. 

Monami- "Faizi sir, kya aap background noise bada sakte hain aur front voice ki volume low kar sakte hain?"

Faizi does that.

Then they hear shooting of bullets. 

Faizi- "Monami, Karan ho hosh a gaya hai kya?"

Monami- "Yes sir, par agar aap soch rahe hain ki voh apko kal ke incident ke bare mein batayein then it's not possible. He is too weak and we cannot stress him further. Also, he is sleeping right now."

Faizi- "Okay, toh phir hume khud ki investigate karna padhega"

Sanju- "Sir bullets ki toh awaaz sunaye de gayi, par kya huya voh toh dikh hi na ro, ab kya karenge aap?"

Faizi does not reply. He zooms the footage and notices that there are six arms visible. He almost immediately understood that two of them were Karan's, but what about the other four?"

Monami's phone rings. Everybody looks at her.

Monami- "mene alarm set kiya tha, 2 hours ho gaye hain, I have to check on Karan Sir"

Faizi nods his head indicating that she has the permission to go.

IN THE MEDICAL ROOM:

Karan was still asleep. Monami reaches the room and stares at karan (well, "admires" would be a better word though *smirks*). Karan stirs in his sleep since he feels that someone is staring at him with great intensity. 

Karan's eyes fluttered open but then shut again because of the light and his headache. Monami comes back for her lala land, she dims the light and helps Karan get up. She goes brings soup, a bowl with water and a cloth. The wet's the cloth and places it on Karan's forhead. Karan immediately relaxes and sighs in relief. Monami keeps feeding him the soup with great effort (taunts, tantrums and arguments). Karan's fever soon subsides but still it's not gone completely. He is still weak. Monami was about to leave to replace the bowl with fresh water when Karan immediately cough's again. Monami understands that the moment he coughs his condition worsens. Karan was already weak and by now had lost his senses becuase of the coughs. So he started to speak in slurred sentences. 

Karan- "Tumheeeee, paqjnfwjn hai ki mere bhaiya pajfkjw ek army ofjffdj the?"

Monami tries to interpret his sentences as well as subside his cough.

Karan- "Unhone desh ke liysajbf apni jajasbj balindaaan kardfjdf thi, voh bhi mere aankhon ke samnee **chuckles sadly**"

Monami knew that Karan shouldn't take stress now so she gave him some medicines. 15mins later Karan came back to senses. Monami tried to ask "Karan sir, apko yaad hai kal kya huya tha?"

Karan remembered everything but did not want that anyone should not about it, so he behaved as if he did not. "Nahi, it's all blurred..."

Monami got even more tensed but did not show as she did not want him to know. 

At the same time Faizi enters (all the rest too enter).

Faizi- "Janaab agar apko yaad nahi hai toh hum kara dete hain" with an angry face

Rest were clueless why Faizi got angry all of a sudden.

Karan understood the faizi knew the reason. He made a pleading expression but Faizi gladly ignored it. 

Faizi- "Jo CCTV camera footage hai usmein jo arms the uspe  ek similar nishan tha, wahi nishan jo un logon par tha jinhone Param sir ko mara"

Karan's eyes became moist.

"Yeh log sid ko leke jana chahte the aur usse apni team mein shamil karna chahte the kyunki wo raees (rich) hai and he can help these guys. In logon ki team hai jo civilians ko thug (rob) karti hai. Param bhai bhi in logon se civilains ko bachane main shaheed ho gaye. "

Karan tried to go but Monami glared and him while Faizi was giving shooting daggers with his eyes. He decided that it was best to stay their and keep quiet. Faizi continued...

Faizi-"Haan, toh in logon se sid aur baaki sare civilians ko bachane ke liye, bhaisab ladne lage. Yeh unhein hara hi chuke the, jab un longon ne isse manipulate kiya aur emotional blackmial karke bola ki uski wajah se Param bhai ki death huyi toh yeh bhaisabh ruk gaye aur phit unhein goli lagi. Inhone finally sabko hara toh diya aur unhein central jail bhi shift kar diya par yahan medical rooms mein ane ki bajaye, sahab apne kamre mein chale gaye. Everbody clap for him, come on!"

Everybody kept mum. Karan looked down, for the first time Faizi was this angry.

Faizi- "Karannnn, jab kisi ki lagti hai toh kahan jate hain?"

Karan- "Hospital/Medical room"

Faizi- "Toh tum kyun nahi gaye?"

Karan- **gives a sorry look**

Faizi royally ignores him. Karan's head starts spinning (he is still not well).

He ignores that and tries to get up, the moment he stands he looses balance because of the weakness and was about to fall when Faizi holds him. 

Karan passes a sorry look to Faizi. Faizi seeing his condition and Monami's pleading expression forgives him. He lays Karan on the bed and sits there only. Everyone gets a clue that they need privacy so they all leave the place.

After everyone leaves,

Faizi- "Karan, yaar tujhe pata hai subhe teri halat dekh kar hum kitna dar gaye the?"
Karan- "Maaf karde na! Mera phars tha jo mene kiye."
Faizi-"Haan aur mujhe jo tu apna bhai bolta hai, voh khatam? Bula leta hume?"
Karan-"sorry faizi, par mein tujhe aur sabko situation aur mere past ke iss chote se hisse se disturb nahi karna chahta tha"
Faizi- "DISTRUB? Karan hum isse zyada aur kitna disturb ho sakte the? recruits aure infact kisi ne bhi lunch aur snacks nahi kiya, Imagine, kisi ko bhi bhook nahi lagi"
Karan- "Thik hai yaar, ab kya uthak bethak karke sorry bolooon?, jitni galiyaan deni hai dede"
Faizi- "Main kyun apna dimaag air mooh kharab karoon? I'll dirty your uniform!!"
Karan faintly smiles.

IN THE CANTEEN:

Sumaji- "Aaj toh sumanji daar hi gayi thi!"

Koel- "Haan, Karan sir ki halat bohot kharab lag rahi thi!"

Everbody kept gossiping but Monami was lost in her thoughts. She couldn't forget the pain she felt behind that chuckle, that conversation that she had when Karan was not in his senses. She decided that she will talk about that a little later.

4 DAYS PAST:

till now Faizi and Sanjana were training the recruits. Karan used to give the plan and they used to follow that. Karan had gotten much better. Now, just one more day and he would be back on the ground. He was already back in his "Khadoos Shergill" mode as per Monami.

next day:

After getting trained from Karan, she goes to Karan's room and knocks the door. Karan opens the door and is visibly surprised to find her there. 

Monami (in her usual nervous mode)- "Uhh... um woh..., uh"

Karan- "Age bologi?"

Monami- "uh, haan. May I come in?"

Karan- " hmm aao"

Monami-"Main baas yeh poochne aayi thi ki jab tum bimaar the, tab tumne kuch bola tha apne bhai and all ke bare mein, uhm but mein bas yeh poochna chahti thi if you are all rig..."

Karan cut her off saying- "Apko mere personal matter mein aane ki koi zaroorat nahi hai, I was not well isiliye shayad kuch bol diya, you may leave now."

Monami goes out of the room and mutters to herself, "He is officially back in the khadoos mode!"

Whereas Karan wanted to open up to her but then controls himself as he has been doing since months. 

THE END.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the ending was abrupt, this is not what I had initially planned but this is what it is. 

Byeeee!

AS_1958 signing off!

Fantasyera thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Welcome πŸ€—

Beautiful β€οΈ

Edited by Fantasyera - 2 years ago
Fantasyera thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

~* II Ziddi Dil Maane Na FF/OS/SS and VM Index II *~ | Ziddi Dil Maane Naa (indiaforums.com)

You might need to post the link here.

So people can access it easily later.

Edited by Fantasyera - 2 years ago
ariyabestfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Awsome

Love it..

Continue soon

Gold.Abrol thumbnail

Very interesting os 

Loved it 

KHADOOS Shergill is back πŸ€—πŸ’•

Keep writing πŸ“βœοΈ

Bodhianveshika thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Namaste,

Nice one!

Refreshing to see the dynamics between characters.

FlyingSprinkles thumbnail

Ending was a little abrupt... But Karan is like that... Khadoos ShergillπŸ˜†

Loved the way Monami was taking care of Karan and all others worried for him... Karan and Faizi's convo was too good... Loved their bond...