Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

Kavita Krishnamurthy. I love her range and versatility. Alka had a better voice but was very very one note. 

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Kavita better than Alka for me.

Alka trained by composers to bring in versatility like Lata. She was Tips and Venus's  favorite and got a lot amount of work under these music companies.

There are times I can literally see a figurative needle of Alka's high notes piercing a hole in my eardrums. With all due respect, she is an amazing singer but I wish the high notes she hits were less shrilly. 

When someone says Kavita, it automatically takes me back to Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam's title track, and how beautiful that was. It still sends goosebumps down my spine and on that account, I pick Kavita.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

Alka was one zoner romantic singer , Kavita was a versatile singer

But Alka had the legendary 1993 where she got all the nominations 

khan.baba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

But Alka had the legendary 1993 where she got all the nominations 

Filmfare doesn't matter because himesh got and kk not :p  alka had the edge over kavita in romantic songs n kavita had edge over alka in singing various different type of songs.... Jaan leva from moksha is a different kind of song 

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

As I kid, I used to prefer Alka Yagnik. Alka got better songs and her voice suited ALL actresses.

So, in that sense, Alka was was really ahead of Kavita as a Bollywood playback singer.

As a grown up, I still love Alka's voice but I would vote for Kavita because she is quite ahead of Alka in classical singing, practice and experience.

E.g.

Just listen to the below song. Kavita clearly outshines Hema and Alka.

That's why, I think the music director gave her most of the lines, otherwise it was supposed to have all 3 singing equal parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUVE9PvoayI

atominis thumbnail

I like Alka's voice better. But Kavita is clearly the more technically accomplished and versatile singer of the 2.

Very strong in classical singing also. 

magginoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arsalan_khan

Filmfare doesn't matter because himesh got and kk not :p  alka had the edge over kavita in romantic songs n kavita had edge over alka in singing various different type of songs.... Jaan leva from moksha is a different kind of song 

Woah. KK never won a Filmfare award! I didn't realise this. He was nominated so many times. 

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Tum ho and hum dil de chuke sanam ❤️🥀. 

Enough said.