is the contract enforceable?

colors_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

if BB team break the 6 week min ( which itself looks illegal clause- since the world is told elimination based on voting), can the contestant go to court ?Just thinking

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dedhshani thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

The idea is the contestant will get  payment for a minimum 6 week period in case they are eliminated earlier. 

TheNepaliArtist thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

As far as I know, contracts are entirely enforceable in court, but they are pegged to payments and not guaranteed weeks. I have not worked in reality shows before but I have spent time in a PR firm where our clients used to sign up for competitions (mostly modeling or body-building) knowing which position they will end up at. 

During BB13, seeing the Sid Shukla bias and justification of violence I looked deeper into this. I spoke with a very prominent fashion blogger (who works directly with BB contestants and even connects them with stylists) and she told me that Sid most likely had a finalist contract. What that means is - he will get paid for the whole show whether he is in it or not. Colors likes to milk their contestants for everything they are worth, so its very very rare that they would let someone go knowing they have to pay for no work. For example - even when Sid came out of the house for medical reason, they staged an elaborate hospital scene with Salman video chatting with him and whatnot. Meanwhile, when Manu Punjabi had to leave for medical reasons in BB14 he was simply written out of the contract with no explanation. Similarly, when Eijaz Khan left BB14, his guaranteed payment period was over so they never bothered bringing him back even for an explanation, because then they would have to pay him. 

Then, the baaki decisions are all content based. For example, I really doubt that Neha had a finalist contract because she isn't such a big name. Plus shes hated by the viewing majority and she keeps losing the voting. But they keep her because she gives people content. Ek toh she always has some drama of her own going. Plus she perceives herself to be the vicitm in every situation creating conflict in the house. And finally her angle with Pratik is getting alot of traction because people hate it. So even though audience don't like her, she is contributing to the buzz around the show, so she is being saved. Moose, on the other hand, is very likable and the audience liked her too, but she wasn't creating buzz positive or negative so she was eliminated.