Bade Achhe Lagte Hain 2

How many people watched Zindegi Gulzar Hai? - Page 2

mango.falooda thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

zindagi gulzar hai was a show that really hit you in the gut at times -- the writing was so sharp. even when you feel that kashaf is a bit too much, you can still empathize with her bitterness and pain. really enjoyed watching it. 

so yes, I was instantly reminded of ZGH while watching this show. lets face it, this scenario that the dad left the mom because she didn't have sons is something that happens in our society. a few years ago, there was a petition where a single mother fought to have no father's name included in the daughter's passport. he had abandoned them very early because it was a girl child. the petition took traction and there was news about it. after a few months, the passport rules were subsequently changed that a passport applicant  need to provide the name of only one parent and not both for getting a passport made. 

so given that this abandonment scenario due to being a girl child does happen in real life, why does it feel like a shadow of zindagi?

1. in ZGH, the family still had a relationship with the father. basically he didn't abandon them completely but neither would he do his duties. so the girls were caught in a situation where it was complicated. infact, it would have been easier if the mother had been divorced or fully abandoned. however, she felt a need to keep the relationship as she thought a father in name is better than none. so that was complicated as her decision was influenced by societal expectations and cultural dynamics

2. in BALH2 - there is no reason for the family to have a relationship with the father if he hates them so much.  given his character sketch, it would make more sense if they were abandoned completely but he happened to be in the same neighbourhood or something like that...  the bakery connection is frankly weak. if he hates them so much, why are the first wife's children running the bakery? our laws are such that the son would have no right on the bakery unless the dad was legally married to the second wife. also is this an inherited bakery business from the grandfather? if that is the case, then it makes more sense that there is a squabble as all children would have a right on the grandfather's property.. it is unclear why there is a joint EMI happening when the father despises the first family. it does not make sense that he would be connected with the first wife family. is this a situation where he is keeping a second wife with permission from the first wife? why does he still have communication with the first wife if he does not care even an iota about their welfare?.... 

see this is partly why it feels inspired by ZGH because the father is still in touch with the first family. the question is why? also, the number of daughters is another one...

if anyone paid attention to biology class, one would know that it is the male sperm that ends up being the factor that determines if it is a boy or girl child but it is not like the man has any control over which sperm ends up germinating the egg. so ultimately, you being a girl or boy is decided by God. :) ...or if you prefer - fate or chance.... so basically the father blaming the first wife for bearing daughters is just lack of common sense/logic and stupidity. 

Edited by mango.falooda - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

life_is_fun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I didn't watch the show. I just saw her diaries on YouTube. I wish here also Priya or Ram wrote diaries. I really like it when a character write diaries. It gives a deeper insight to a character's thought process and his / her way of viewing life. I tried incorporating the habit of writing a diary in my life too. But I am a lazy person. I write a diary, once in two years.🤣 But this is a show, once in a while they can make Priya write a diary. I know for now they are giving monologues, but as the show progresses, I think they would die down as it always happen. 

As to whether they think we are clueless or not ? I think they consider us to be a loud audience. Not just our TV shows OTT and loud even our media is loud. Aisi image kyn hai Indian audience ke bare mein, I don't understand. ðŸ˜†

anuprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

This content was originally posted by-Manasi_16

The problem is not only that they pick up tracks, but more that they destroy the essence of it.

In ZGH, Murtuza & Nigar were opportunistic, not evil and scheming, and Hammad toh was borderline cute- he only wanted good food😆

But here the father and his new family will be manipulative, horrible and downright evil.

Agar chori karni hi hai, toh dhang se karo na

ZGH is a classic.  The background of Priya's family is same as kashaf but the characters are different.  As you said Murtuza was not evil and Hammad was funny. Kashaf's mother was such a strong and independent lady and the sisters had a great bond. Here I have no words to describe Priya's father. He is irritating.

.Sunrise. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

She keeps copying from Pakistani shows , scenes , background stories 

I watched a very popular show of Pakistan a few years back and I was surprised that a background  music peice that I loved in an Ekta Kapoor show was straight away lifted from that Pakistani show

tellylover202 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Sony had another show called Humsafars in 2014. Gul copied this angle back then too. That show had a Muslim backdrop but the FL was bubbly like any other Gul's heroine. So this angle had been copied before too but later on it will not be the same

priya185 thumbnail

I love zgh

Kashaf’s character has similarities with priya

Balh2 makers should not plagiarise 

MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

I was about to make one such thread msyself...

Yes, the moment I saw father re-married for son and left mother with 4 daughters, I got ZGH vibes...and I kind of agree with other posts...the writers could only ATTEMPT to copy ZGH as that was much more humane and real version than this stupid mom, evil father version..

Also, today's scene of Ram putting his coat on Priya and Priya saying "Pehli baar kisine kuch kiya" gave me "Kitne log jalti chai apne haath pe lete hai taaki aapka hath na jale" vibes..

Seriously, this show has a lot of ZGH feel to it!

Marybarton thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
This content was originally posted by-MJHTMonayaSajan

I was about to make one such thread msyself...

Yes, the moment I saw father re-married for son and left mother with 4 daughters, I got ZGH vibes...and I kind of agree with other posts...the writers could only ATTEMPT to copy ZGH as that was much more humane and real version than this stupid mom, evil father version..

Also, today's scene of Ram putting his coat on Priya and Priya saying "Pehli baar kisine kuch kiya" gave me "Kitne log jalti chai apne haath pe lete hai taaki aapka hath na jale" vibes..

Seriously, this show has a lot of ZGH feel to it!

Totally, Ekta's writers don't have enough writing talent to be original. The coat scene was like the cup scene in ZGH. I worked in copyright and I can assure you they can legally sue for stealing. Any court would find Ekta's team guilty. She should work on getting real writers rather than trying to ride the coattails of Pakistani writers.