best commercial film performance that deserved national award

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I think too much misconception actors should not be measured acting by making art film's disregarding that's just ridiculous. Like there are some roles in commercial movie that demands acting with many shades of emotion.

My pick

SRK for Baazigar and Darr

Aamir Khan for Rangeela JJWS

Urmila for Kaun

Govinda character in haseen manjayge

Edited by harun98 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Is the agenda to bash the above actors?

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sridevi in English Vinglish

English Vinglish (2012) - IMDb

Madhuri Dixit in Anjaam

anjaam-screens (59) | Madhuri dixit, Bollywood actress, Bollywood actors

Karisma Kapoor in Fiza

Na Leke Jao - Fiza - Karishma Kapoor &Hrithik Roshan - Full Song - video  Dailymotion

Priyanka Chopra in What's Your Raashee?

Priyanka Chopra in What's Your Raashee. Props to the makeup team for  creating so many distinct looks. Do you think the costumes/makeup  accurately represent your zodiac sign?: BollywoodFashion

Taapsee Pannu in Thappad

Thappad' trailer 2: Taapsee Pannu requests the audience to ban her own  film's trailer by reporting it | Hindi Movie News - Times of India

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I agree topic maker

Sitting in a room as blind/dumb/deaf character contemplating meaning of life is actually not the acting I enjoy. It’s really redundant to me 

RoNoSarKar7 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Sridevi for Sadma and English Vinglish...

atominis thumbnail

Sunny Deol in Arjun

Sridevi in EV, Sadma (though Sadma is not a commercial film technically)

Aamir in Sarfarosh, Lagaan, TZP, Dangal

Rajesh Khanna in Anand

SRK in CDI

Meenakshi in Damini

BaaltiTorDee thumbnail

Aamir in Mela, Mangal Pandey, Dhoom 3, Thugs Of Hindostan

TheMinion thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 8

Queen Aishwarya for Dhoom 2 and Jazbaa...

atominis thumbnail
Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I agree topic maker

Sitting in a room as blind/dumb/deaf character contemplating meaning of life is actually not the acting I enjoy. It’s really redundant to me 

This is repeated in other threads too. But National awards are for ACTING and CRAFT of filmmaking. Not entertainment or popularity or mass appeal.

And serious roles like playing a differently abled character or survivor of riots are considered good barometer to test capability of an actor because acting is ultimately about pushing your own limits, doing what you have not done before, becoming a totally different person and convincingly doing characters, that you never know or and cannot copy easily and have experienced none of it in real life nor are likely to experience it any time. It is much tougher for an actor to get into skin of say, a mute, deaf, blind character or an autistic character than usual everyday characters of typical heroes and heroines or girls/boys next door.

Anyday Black was more challenging as an actor for Rani than other films she did. And Sadma was tougher challenge for Sridevi than other films she did. There is no reference point and nothing to relate to or draw from own experience or imagination when doing such characters. That is where an actor is tested for what he or she is and how much can he push himself, prepare for and nail such tough roles. 

There is a reason why Madhubala can be recalled for beauty but when it comes to acting people name Nargis, Meena Kumari and Waheeda Rehman. 

Easy to smile and do latka jhatka or say punch lines. Much tougher to do complex roles and scripts with deeper meaning. 

It is films like Guide and Khamoshi which set Waheeda Rehman apart from other usual pretty, good dancer ladies of that time and made her an institution of all round acting talent. Otherwise she would have been just another pretty face and forgotten by now. Not had her films studied at film and drama schools. 

Whole body language, voice modulation, expressions, physicality have to be changed for challenging roles.

That is where an actor has to prove his or her mettle.

Otherwise anyone can fling around his jacket or flip glasses or fiddle with her flying saree pallu. No big deal. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Originally posted by: atominis

This is repeated in other threads too. But National awards are for ACTING and CRAFT of filmmaking. Not entertainment or popularity or mass appeal.

And serious roles like playing a differently abled character or survivor of riots are considered good barometer to test capability of an actor because acting is ultimately about pushing your own limits, doing what you have not done before, becoming a totally different person and convincingly doing characters, that you never know or and cannot copy easily and have experienced none of it in real life nor are likely to experience it any time. It is much tougher for an actor to get into skin of say, a mute, deaf, blind character or an autistic character than usual everyday characters of typical heroes and heroines or girls/boys next door.

Anyday Black was more challenging as an actor for Rani than other films she did. And Sadma was tougher challenge for Sridevi than other films she did. There is no reference point and nothing to relate to or draw from own experience or imagination when doing such characters. That is where an actor is tested for what he or she is and how much can he push himself, prepare for and nail such tough roles. 

There is a reason why Madhubala can be recalled for beauty but when it comes to acting people name Nargis, Meena Kumari and Waheeda Rehman. 

Easy to smile and do latka jhatka or say punch lines. Much tougher to do complex roles and scripts with deeper meaning. 

It is films like Guide and Khamoshi which set Waheeda Rehman apart from other usual pretty, good dancer ladies of that time and made her an institution of all round acting talent. Otherwise she would have been just another pretty face and forgotten by now. Not had her films studied at film and drama schools. 

Whole body language, voice modulation, expressions, physicality have to be changed for challenging roles.

That is where an actor has to prove his or her mettle.

Otherwise anyone can fling around his jacket or flip glasses or fiddle with her flying saree pallu. No big deal. 

Well none of it impresses me. 

In my opinion it’s a bit gimmicky 

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 years ago