Yesterday episode was embarrassing

behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 2 years ago

I was watching with parents and those suhaagraat rants were cheap and disgusting..there was no need to show that scene. I can't explain the embarrassment I had.  I appreciate that they tried to bring taboo topics like periods but this suhaagraat knowledge was definitely not accepted  they should care about prime time 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnVishtian thumbnail

I understand your views and I did not watch the episode with my family either but then when I actually sat down to watch something else, I realized this major point and I would like to present my own opinion and experience here about this.

I agree that such topics are uncomfortable to watch with your parents thus I, myself, did not watch it on tv but rather on Jio TV.

However, I found it to be hypocritical of my own family to find this uncomfortable but be okay watching a show like Udariyaan where the ML is romancing his wife's sister at every corner or Anupama where the ML is cheating on his wife and having them live in the same house or watching other idiotic shows where the ML is abusing or torturing or doing some form of physical or mental abuse on the FL. 

All these shows air on prime time, all these shows have HUGE audiences, all of them promote EMA, abuse, etc. etc. 

But, I find no one speaking up or saying this should not be shown to families, this is not something that should be normalized and whitewashed later on. We have such a HUGE cancel culture in our country but everyone is ready to forgive the ML for his abuse as long as he is going to romance the FL in the next episode.

Jab yeh sab hum dekh sakte hai, jab yeh sab ke liye we never speak up or change the channel then what is wrong with watching these characters speak about an actual event that does happen in the life of women? 

I have been to wedding's and seen people sit to discuss suhagraat with the bride or groom in the exact same manner. The entire family waits with thali and aarti to send these two people off into a room to boink and waits by the door in the morning to get the results of it ๐Ÿ˜†

But, at the same time we are so ashamed to even watch or hear this topic infront of others. 

Isn't this hypocrisy at it's finest?

P.S: Again, I'm not pointing at anyone but just a thought I had yesterday when I did not watch the episode and I wondered why am I allowing myself to be uncomfortable by this when I see worse every day and not speak up.

If we do not start normalizing discussing such taboo concepts with our own family then when will it ever be okay to discuss these things?

Edited by .Rinnie. - 2 years ago
behindyou thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Rinnie.

I understand your views and I did not watch the episode with my family either but then when I actually sat down to watch something else, I realized this major point and I would like to present my own opinion and experience here about this.

I agree that such topics are uncomfortable to watch with your parents thus I, myself, did not watch it on tv but rather on Jio TV.

However, I found it to be hypocritical of my own family to find this uncomfortable but be okay watching a show like Udariyaan where the ML is romancing his wife's sister at every corner or Anupama where the ML is cheating on his wife and having them live in the same house or watching other idiotic shows where the ML is abusing or torturing or doing some form of physical or mental abuse on the FL. 

All these shows air on prime time, all these shows have HUGE audiences, all of them promote EMA, abuse, etc. etc. 

But, I find no one speaking up or saying this should not be shown to families, this is not something that should be normalized and whitewashed later on. We have such a HUGE cancel culture in our country but everyone is ready to forgive the ML for his abuse as long as he is going to romance the FL in the next episode.

Jab yeh sab hum dekh sakte hai, jab yeh sab ke liye we never speak up or change the channel then what is wrong with watching these characters speak about an actual event that does happen in the life of women? 

I have been to wedding's and seen people sit to discuss suhagraat with the bride or groom in the exact same manner. The entire family waits with thali and aarti to send these two people off into a room to boink and waits by the door in the morning to get the results of it ๐Ÿ˜†

But, at the same time we are so ashamed to even watch or hear this topic infront of others. 

Isn't this hypocrisy at it's finest?

P.S: Again, I'm not pointing at anyone but just a thought I had yesterday when I did not watch the episode and I wondered why am I allowing myself to be uncomfortable by this when I see worse every day and not speak up.

If we do not start normalizing discussing such taboo concepts with our own family then when will it ever be okay to discuss these things?

First of all in Udaariyan they are showing it as wrong only period, they are not showing it in humor And in same in silsila people did make a fuss about it. 

And regarding suhaagraat they did not discuss it in social relevance. They discussed it normally and so much detailing was not needed at all. If they would have discussed marital rape with that conversation that would have been much more relevant.

And u can't compare EMA, Drugs shown on prime time with these double meaning cheap content. No one I m again saying no one on Indian tv defends such evils no matter how regressive show is!

Harshiiii45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi_

First of all in Udaariyan they are showing it as wrong only period, they are not showing it in humor And in same in silsila people did make a fuss about it. 

And regarding suhaagraat they did not discuss it in social relevance. They discussed it normally and so much detailing was not needed at all. If they would have discussed marital rape with that conversation that would have been much more relevant.

And u can't compare EMA, Drugs shown on prime time with these double meaning cheap content. No one I m again saying no one on Indian tv defends such evils no matter how regressive show is!

Sorry to jump in like this....but what they tried to show was how that era worked....waha the woman is telling everything regarding SR except the actual deed....this is how this country works....people are okay with sex jokes....but sex education ke naam pe sbko sharam aati h....right... that's what they were showing....if u remember pre leap also same dialogues were there that to with a 9 yr old kid that was more wrong to potray....but this is the actual reality of that era....women would use to joke about it ....but will not actually educate a girl about it...isliye Bondita also knows the stuff she was told when she was a child...same goes with every girl present there....unko bataya hi ni jaata tha hota kya h? Don't u think it is an important topic to cover? Ki rather than doing this people should educate women properly about sex?Sex is still a taboo in this country....no one talks openly about it....isliye you felt ashamed if I'm not wrong.

I don't think they wanted to show some cheap double meaning content....it was not double meaning infact....she very clearly was telling her about sr....they should be told right? Yup she was not giving proper sex ed I agree but still atleast kuch to bta hi rahi thi acc to that Era's woman....u have to understand ek aisa tym dikhaya jaaraha h where girls didn't know about it .

Edited by Harshiiii45 - 2 years ago
behindyou thumbnail

Originally posted by: Harshiiii45

Sorry to jump in like this....but what they tried to show was how that era worked....waha the woman is telling everything regarding SR except the actual deed....this is how this country works....people are okay with sex jokes....but sex education ke naam pe sbko sharam aati h....right... that's what they were showing....if u remember pre leap also same dialogues were there that to with a 9 yr old kid that was more wrong to potray....but this is the actual reality of that era....women would use to joke about it ....but will not actually educate a girl about it...isliye Bondita also knows the stuff she was told when she was a child...same goes with every girl present there....unko bataya hi ni jaata tha hota kya h? Don't u think it is an important topic to cover? Ki rather than doing this people should educate women properly about sex?Sex is still a taboo in this country....no one talks openly about it....isliye you felt ashamed if I'm not wrong.

I don't think they wanted to show some cheap double meaning content....it was not double meaning infact....she very clearly was telling her about sr....they should be told right? Yup she was not giving proper sex ed I agree but still atleast kuch to bta hi rahi thi acc to that Era's woman....u have to understand ek aisa tym dikhaya jaaraha h where girls didn't know about it .

That all included in foreplay.. this was not actual S.Education. I can't defend all this.. I don't want to be more clear but we all know what is all included in S.edu.

This chudi todna was added as double meaning thing for sure

Harshiiii45 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That all included in foreplay.. this was not actual S.Education. I can't defend all this.. I don't want to be more clear but we all know what is all included in S.edu.

This chudi todna was added as double meaning thing for sure

Double meaning thing se zaada improper knowledge h wo...jo us era mein di jaati thi it's true....aise hi btate the us time..they never told them the actual deeds ....yehi bakwaas krti thi ladies us tym pe...I mean khud socho tomorrow is her wedding n she is telling this to her instead of educating her about it๐Ÿคข

I'm not defending them I'm saying they are showing things that was common in that era.

Edited by Harshiiii45 - 2 years ago
AnVishtian thumbnail

Firstly regarding Uda:

People who are making a fuss have already left watching that show yet the show stands on TOP of the TRP chart with thousands of fans everywhere actually supporting and hyping the two cheaters on the show, why? Because the makers and writers have showed these two cheaters having Ibadat e ishq, true love, all consuming, etc etc. whatever they wanna call it and they have romanticized it to the core.

They even romanticize and hype up the pairing off screen, literally, even the actors have no guilt about these characters who are cheating and are feeding it more to the fans to hype.

There are fans who are trending to have these two cheaters together. Please tell me if whatever they have tried to do so far is wrong or not if this is the kind of impact it left on audience that they think it is right to support these two cheaters?

They have continuously shown Fateh as this easily manipulated, gullible, lover boy who is just so helpless due to his love. Tomorrow, they will white wash him and they will bring back the audience to ship him with the same wife he cheated on with her sister. Likh ke le lo, abhi bhi wo promo me aise hi dika rahe hai that he and Tejo are connected despite all the ghatiya stuff he has done with her sister.

Now coming to the social relevance, I legit do not find it wrong for them to discuss SR with adult women all around because this does happen and has happened in the past where elder women of the house gather the other married women and the bride to discuss her first night and tell her what will happen.

They don't do it like a sex ed class, they speak with euphemisms and with such indirect meaning. This is nothing compared to how dirty the discussions can actually get in rural villages. What they showed yesterday was Kali speaking in a roundabout way and emphasizing on love more than anything else. She actually explained it much better than what happened preleap.

We live in one of the most populated countries in the world but not a single person in our country has the courage to speak directly about what happens when a woman and man consummate. They have all the courage in the world to make double meaning jokes, use euphemisms but not have a cut-to-cut talk about intimacy.

I found it more wrong when they discussed the same exact things in front of Choti Bondita, preleap. That was WRONG on so many levels, not just for Bondita, but for Aurra, as a child actor to have to act out a scene like that. She does not need to know these kind of things at that age. That was wrong.

The chudi tutna, palang tutna etc. was all done preleap with choti bon which I am, till date, complaining and ranting about everywhere smiley36

Yes, no one should ever defend such things on Indian TV. Hum bhi defend nahi karre hai ke such talks should be encouraged, wo galat hain to give such incomplete information about the first intimate night for the bride. This is wrong and that is what is being shown, Bondita has no proper knowledge even now about what happens during her first night.

The reason I compared this to all the EMA, drugs, yeh woh falana dinkana on prime time is because NO ONE on BB is promoting this scene as right or good that everyone should support whereas on the other shows, people are blatantly whitewashing all the dirtiest of things that is being shown just because they like the actors.

Wohi bolna cha rahi hoon main, we have this huge cancel culture in our country but we never oppose the things we should actually oppose. We end up picking up the things no one is even focused on while ignoring all the wrongs that are being feed and hyped up in the minds of young audience.

I'm sure later on, they will address this again because this is the same show that touched on the topic of sex education with Sampoo and Sourabh where Anirudh highlighted how important it is for people to be aware of these matters from proper mediums.

Edited by .Rinnie. - 2 years ago
Arcturus_S thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I was watching with parents and those suhaagraat rants were cheap and disgusting..there was no need to show that scene. I can't explain the embarrassment I had.  I appreciate that they tried to bring taboo topics like periods but this suhaagraat knowledge was definitely not accepted  they should care about prime time 

I disagree with your opinion. I don't intend to offend anyone. This is my personal opinion. 

I watch BB on TV and didn't find this episode unbearably embarrassing for a prime time show. I've seen prime time shows, showing intimate scenes. Compared to those , last episode was totally bearable. 

Bon's reply had double meaning. And those were meant to be cheap. They are not Bon's words. Remember the same words were used in choti Bon's SR preparations in a much more harsh way to show the way traditional patriarchal society thinks and what is its expectations from a woman as wife. Bon was saying the same words from her recollection of what happened earlier and what has been told to her by the so called moral police in the society. 

The old woman's reply was beautiful. Because she rejected the usual patriarchal norms in her reply. She openly told wife is not a servant and serving husband is not the ultimate duty of a wife. She also mentioned the man will also be nervous, just like the woman; again totally against the prevailing notion of patriarchy which is still present in our society. The old woman was pointing out that both partners are equal in marriage through her reply. 

Even in the supposedly romantic scene between Ani and Bon, makers included a very important social message, the importance of consent in any relation, within and outside marriage.  

I appreciate the courage of the makers to talk about the "taboo" topics in prime time itv. Menstruation track was also a bold step. They showed the stain and made a young man to explain it without any trace of cringe. 

Topics are made taboo by the society. Female sexuality is one such topic made taboo by the patriarchal society.  Till we talk about them openly, they will remain as taboo. And a social drama cannot discuss social issues without touching them. 

Shrabana99 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail

I dunno why you found this embarassing.. It's NOT embarassing at all.. It's simply two adults excited for their post marriage life & discussing about it.. Simple as water.. 

& Yes didn't watch episode with family.. Coz mainly I'm an online viewer.. But yeah I wasn't embarassed, but blushing like a tamatar.. Honestly if this small talk led embarassment to you, then I feel lucky coz I made my mom to watch lipstick under my burkha type movies without any hesitation.. Coz I feel it's high time to break taboos like sex & menstruation.. & I also believe art has no limit, & director should have freedom.. 

THOSE SCENES WERE PERFECTLY NORMAL.. Solely my opinion..๐Ÿค—

Katy4566 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shrabana99

I dunno why you found this embarassing.. It's NOT embarassing at all.. It's simply two adults excited for their post marriage life & discussing about it.. Simple as water.. 

& Yes didn't watch episode with family.. Coz mainly I'm an online viewer.. But yeah I wasn't embarassed, but blushing like a tamatar.. Honestly if this small talk led embarassment to you, then I feel lucky coz I made my mom to watch lipstick under my burkha type movies without any hesitation.. Coz I feel it's high time to break taboos like sex & menstruation.. & I also believe art has no limit, & director should have freedom.. 

THOSE SCENES WERE PERFECTLY NORMAL.. Solely my opinion..๐Ÿค—

And here it was shown a girl who was told all these things in normal still remembers as she was a kid then how come she can have knowledge of all those things

Now she thought suhageaat as rituals like other rituals like Bahaโ€™i biye ,sindoor daan ki usmein doodh peeya bhii ghunghat uthaya ,choodi tooti palang toota what she remembered

Now all ladies laughed and kali too as she know this girl knows nothing

She gave her ki it is of important aspect in marriage and when boj realsied that it is not rasam but an aspect of conjugal relation she felt shy as she then realised what does it mean and she went away and when ani was about to kiss her the first came in her mind and heart was of conset and then ani ke theke med her which she gave him right but again ani realsied she is nee to it she needs time he just kissed her but showed his right that only he can show her ladders of love 

So this was shown in that era kali dadi showed what suhaagraat means and why it holds importance it is of intimacy