Episode 358: Of Sarees and Handmade Jewelry.

AnVishtian thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

He bought the saree for his dulhan with his hard earned money after working as a majdoor.

As the eldest son of the Roy Choudary family, he had never worked as a servant in his entire life, there had never been a day where he needed to lift a finger to do menial work yet life had bought him to such a point that on the day he wanted to wed the woman he loved, he could not afford the finest of silks nor the shiniest of gems for the bahu of the Roy Choudhary household.

The saree costs a mere 3 rupees and the jewelry was handmade.

He finds himself nervous and flustered, unsure  whether it would live up to her expectations. He had promised her more than this as his wife, as the shining beacon for womenkind that she was, as the bahu of the Roy Choudhary family but he could only afford these mere imitations.

He looks at her expectantly, feeling like a little boy awaiting for approval.

She looks at him with unshed tears in her eyes, overcome with emotion that she could no longer express in words.

How could have god blessed her so?

What had she ever done to deserve him, she wonders over and over again as she observes the minute changes in his expression.

She wants to hug him, she wants to hold him, she wants so much to express what her heart is bursting out to say but she finds no words, no actions, no possible way that could ever convey what he means to her.

What he is for her.

What he will always be for her.

Alas, words could never be enough. So, she tries to control her tears and forces a playful on her shivering lips.

"Sakha babu, yeh duniya ki sabse sundar saree hain... Aur yeh gehne? Isko toh main kisi ko heero ke badle pe bhi na du. In gehno ke chamak pe toh sone, chandi, heere, moti ki bhi chammak pheki padh jaye!"

Conflict and uncertainty reigns over his face.

"Shotti?"

It breaks her heart but she grins.

"Shotti!"

The smile that breaks out on his lips is all that she could ever need.

++++++++

Please excuse any mistakes I have made, this was written in a hurry.

I loved every single scene in this episode and I will try to write more in depth analysis on it once I am over the high I am in but I honestly teared up over this scene. It took me a long time to write this because it was hard, I don't think I could even come close to making justice to the emotions displayed and the writing but I just had to write this down.

I dunno what I'm trying to convey here but words fall short.

I love Anirudh Roy Choudhary and Bondita Das. ❤️

I love Pravisht Mishra and Anchal Sahu ❤️

I love every hand that went into creating this beautiful masterpiece. ❤️

Edited by .Rinnie. - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mistofshadows thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

I cried in this scene today.

Life honestly is about circles.

Anirudh came to India with the goal to win the world by fighting against the atrocities and injustice. For this he ended up becoming the primary guardian and husband of a young girl whom he reared to fight the world and gave her all the luxuries to arm her and empower her to fly.

Today he fights with his own luxurious life to work like a common man to adorn his soon to be wife. The very woman he had once given all the luxuries to study is the one he adorns with his sweat and blood to carve a married life for her as a newly wedded wife.

He had always been the giver to Bon but all those had been from his lineage and the power of his degrees. This gift he had bought with his own sweat and blood....with no power backup at all. This was his most genuine effort/earned money with which he bought stuff for his life partner. 

They honestly gave me a middle class couple vibe today ❤️❤️❤️

Anirudh who had never had to work menial works ever had dirtied his hands to earn a Little money for their living. Today it was not a Roy Choudhury or a powerful barrister. It was just Anirudh, a man desperately in love.

Smiley.6 thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

I can't even begin to express my love for this entire sequence. 

I literally had tears in my eyes, my heart was full with happiness and my mind was busy capturing the beauty of the scene. From dialogues to their delivery, from light setting to camera angles and from direction to editing, all were perfect today.

This is the beauty of the show. I was already so much in love with the show, but with this scene and today's entire episode, I fell for the show a a little bit more (I didn't even know that falling more was even possible). 

I am so happy with the makers and also editing team. I have to give it to them for creating such a magical episode.

Edited by Smiley.6 - 2 years ago
AnVishtian thumbnail

Originally posted by: mistofshadows

I cried in this scene today.

Life honestly is about circles.

Anirudh came to India with the goal to win the world by fighting against the atrocities and injustice. For this he ended up becoming the primary guardian and husband of a young girl whom he reared to fight the world and gave her all the luxuries to arm her and empower her to fly.

Today he fights with his own luxurious life to work like a common man to adorn his soon to be wife. The very woman he had once given all the luxuries to study is the one he adorns with his sweat and blood to carve a married life for her as a newly wedded wife.

He had always been the giver to Bon but all those had been from his lineage and the power of his degrees. This gift he had bought with his own sweat and blood....with no power backup at all. This was his most genuine effort/earned money with which he bought stuff for his life partner. 

They honestly gave me a middle class couple vibe today ❤️❤️❤️

Anirudh who had never had to work menial works ever had dirtied his hands to earn a Little money for their living. Today it was not a Roy Choudhury or a powerful barrister. It was just Anirudh, a man desperately in love.

Yes, yes, yes. ❤️

This is the gift she will cherish for an entire lifetime more than anything he could ever give her because of the meaning it holds inside, the pure intention and hard work that has been wrapped around this gift and the abundant love that he ties around it like a ribbon.

He is just a man in love, deeply, madly, desperately.

P.S: I cried too, the sincerity in their acting and the writing was so overwhelming, it just touches your heart. I never get so moved by ITV.

Edited by .Rinnie. - 2 years ago
Itsflora thumbnail

I guess we are high rn.it was difficult for me to comment in edt too.

How mindblowingly awesome was this epi?