Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Samantha's 3.5 years marriage with Naga Chaitanya in trouble?

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Actress Samantha Akkineni impressed her fans and critics with her performance in The Family Man season 2 as Raji. For her performance in the show, she received the Best Performance Female (series) at the Indian Film Festival Of Melbourne (IFFM).

Samantha Akkineni is the wife of actor Naga Chaitanya; both are adorable makes powerful couples of the south Indian film industry. They are popularly addressed as ChaySam by their fans. 

Ever since Samantha removed the surname Akkineni from her Twitter and Instagram, many speculations and reports about troubles in their marriage started growing among fans and media.

On July 31st, Samantha left many confused as she changed her name on social media by just ‘S’. But the question is, what made her drop her popular surname Akkineni?

Samantha was asked the same question in her recent interview, which remained tight-lipped and avoided disclosing the reason. She is very active on social media and keeps on posting her daily updates. 

Here is what she said when asked about the same,“I will respond to any controversy or a troll only when I want to talk about it, but not when people ask me.” 

Samantha further said, “I don’t want to react to any of those things. I don’t like conflicts. Like how anyone is entitled to their own opinion of things, even I’m entitled to mine.”

According to Great Andhra's reports, even Naga Chaitanya is not talking about the matter. He is also avoiding talking to producers and directors who are inquiring about his family issues.

Other reports suggest that Samantha and Naga have purchased a huge piece of land in Goa to enjoy the beach life. They have started the process of building a modern farmhouse on the beach. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Floofy_Wolf thumbnail

That's sad if true. I hope all is well between them.

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That's so sad, they really looked so happy together 😞

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Obviously there's no truth to such rumours. Just because she dropped her surname from social media doesn't mean she wants to split. May be she realized that changing one's last name to the husband's name is simply a patriarchal practice which she wanted to stop following?

Her original name Samantha Ruth Prabhu is better sounding anyway.

Rhimjhimsawan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I hope not. I really like them as a couple

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Thank God I am not a celebrity. I dropped my surname from all my SM accounts about 5 year ago because I didn’t want to follow the patriarchal norm,  but no one even blinked. 😂 

Edited by cutejodikangal - 2 years ago