Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by cutejodikangal

That’s my biggest issue with this movie. Even if everything else is forgiven, this stood out as a sore thumb for me.  I have no idea why the movie didn’t dare to show the baby with actually having Down’s Syndrome and then make his parents still come back and fight for their right over him. They have shown so much sanctimoniousness anyway- with the kid being brought up by the Hindus, the Muslims and being accepted by the entire mohalle wale log, Mimi being accepted back without much of resistance, Mimi giving up her dream just like that for the baby etc., why couldn’t they show the baby being born with the said disability and still being accepted by everyone? :(

+1 It felt randomized completely with Summer attempting suicide & all. Like, what the heck?

Kirti was gorgeous and did a great job. 

I personally did not find any moment where I was rofl or anything as such. It was a rushed process and mimi so quickly agreeing was weird. No dire need or anything, how and why would a young girl risk it all? Especially given the fact she wants to be an actress. 

And then her parents accepted her very aram se without much issues. Anyone in India be fumed if their daughter turned preggy before marriage or returns home with a man. Even when they got to know about the surrogacy thing father was a tad bit upset but Phir sab theek ho gaya. Too many loop holes per se. 

No sympathies for the amriki couple. In fact I loathed them especially John, when he said he'll take legal action. The audacity thes effed ppl have! 

I also did not like how mimi decided to give up raj for his better  future. I was fuming 😡! What if they wouldn't have returned? What if he met with an accident and was disabled? Will those loses tc of him then? You lobe the kid you fight for him. Simple as that. It would have been nice to see her not give up rather her willingly going to them to give him a better future. 

Overall it's  neither great nor bad. Something different, could have been developed better tho. 

Watch the move without seeing the trailer; you'll enjoy it more! 

The trailer literally gives the whole plot away. It's not a bad movie- a decent watch IMO, but avoid the trailer if you can.

Good one time watch.. Never liked Kriti but was very impressed with her in this movie. She nailed Mimi. Pankaj was outstanding 

Star cast was perfect