Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

It is a fictional take on Chola Empire, and not actual retelling of history.

You're right, but the characters are all real, right?

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

You're right, but the characters are all real, right?

Yes some are real, some are fictional or no historical evidence of them is available like Aish's role.

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Originally posted by: MujheMaarjaneDo

Yes some are real, some are fictional or no historical evidence of them is available like Aish's role.

Interesting.

How do you know so much about Tamil literature? Aren't you from the NorthEast?

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Lord_Voldemort

Interesting.

How do you know so much about Tamil literature? Aren't you from the NorthEast?

I read about Ponniyin Selvan in English ofcourse, when I came to know about the movie. 

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail

Originally posted by: SmittenKitten

You have a point here. I don't watch South movies and did not know a single actor in Bahubali except Ramya but I'm a huge fan of every single actor in those two movies now. 

Yep. And in terms of vision and scale, if there is any other project that is close to Bahubali in the last 5 years, it would be Ponniyin Selvan, apart from Rajamouli's own RRR.

I thought Bollywood would compete with Takht, but it has been shelved. Shamefully, BW is not making any grand period sagas that I know of.

MDNA thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It will flop ðŸ¤£

purplesnow thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Yasssss ma queen 

AB_RB thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved the novel. 

Not really satisfied with Mani's directing and his team on writing. Not interested with Aishwarya too. She can't act and this is a grey shaded character requiring mammoth acting. The music too doubtful. Everyone tied to this project passed their prime. 

I will be very happy to be wrong but this looks like a massive misfire at the moment. Keeping low expectations will help me when the movie releases. 

Mugda thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Aishwarya is the main antagonist and main highlight of the film. So excited to see her in such different role. She will be Ramya Krishnan in PS.

All About Sarathkumar's Character In Ponniyin Selvan!

PUBLISHED DATE : 04/Aug/2021

All about Sarathkumar's character in Ponniyin Selvan!

ShareFacebookTwitterWhatsApp

Part 1 of Mani Ratnam directed Ponniyin Selvan is gearing up for release next year and the movie which comes with an ensemble of stars is in the news for actor Sarathkumar's character. As is known, Sarathkumar plays the role of Periya Pazhuvettarayar and his character ends up marrying a much younger Nandini (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan) in the story. 

However Periya Pazhuvettarayar is much more than just a lusty-old man in the fictional world of Kalki Krishnamurthy. He is the second most powerful in the Chola Kingdom next only to the emperor and serves as a chancellor and treasurer in his clan. Known for his valour, he falls prey to Nandini's revenge plot and ends up going against Sundara Chozha (Prakash Raj), whom he once protected.

Actor Parthiban plays Sarathkumar's younger brother (Chinna Pazhuvettaraiyar) in the movie, which primarily revolves around the three children of King Sundara Chola - Aditya Karikalan (Vikram), Kundavai (Trisha) and the titular character alias Arulmozhi Varman (Jayam Ravi).

Edited by Mugda - 2 years ago
Justice4Samosa thumbnail

How are they wrapping up such a big budget film so quickly? I keep reading news how each acting is wrapping up their parts for this and the sequel so quickly. While Baahubali took 5 years.Tab toh covid bhi nahi tha.

Edited by MommaDarling - 2 years ago