MayaSarabhai thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

....Vashma were not able to 'keep herself protected' in the Kotha? Realistically speaking, not many women would have been as lucky as Vashma to be able to survive living in a Kotha keeping herself 'pure'. Which makes me think, why is there such an emphasis on her being 'pure' (for the lack of a better word) in the show. Are women who are forced into prostitution any less pure? Should they be viewed as lesser beings? Would it have been difficult to defend her 'honour' then? 

Would Uday have been able to accept it and love Vashma even then? 

What do you people think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThePirateKing thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Uday initially thought that Vashma was pregnant with Farooq's kid. He was ready to accept her with the kid. So going by that character graph, he would have accepted her regardless of whatever happened here.

DilliMeriJaan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MayaSarabhai

....Vashma were not able to 'keep herself protected' in the Kotha? Realistically speaking, not many women would have been as lucky as Vashma to be able to survive living in a Kotha keeping herself 'pure'. Which makes me think, why is there such an emphasis on her being 'pure' (for the lack of a better word) in the show. Are women who are forced into prostitution any less pure? Should they be viewed as lesser beings? Would it have been difficult to defend her 'honour' then? 

Uday would have accepted her any ways as he really loves her. But due to the typical mindset, they are clarifying that she was only a dancer, and pure.

Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

They should really stop using that word, its an insult to those women who were literally forced into prostitution... A woman doesn't become impure after being forced, its the men who looks at them as objects who should be ashamed. 

However i think Uday would never judge her for that... His love for her didn't become any less when he thought vashma was carrying Farooq's child... At that point, he thought vashma betrayed him, even then nothing changed. 

MayaSarabhai thumbnail

Originally posted by: VioletOrchid123

They should really stop using that word, its an insult to those women who were literally forced into prostitution... A woman doesn't become impure after being forced, its the men who looks at them as objects who should be ashamed. 

However i think Uday would never judge her for that... His love for her didn't become any less when he thought vashma was carrying Farooq's child... At that point, he thought vashma betrayed him, even then nothing changed. 

Exactly what I want to say.

Yukti4 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: VioletOrchid123

Absolutely right!!

And uday..to him it would have not mattered.

Yukti4 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

They should not emphasis much on pure..giving wrong message to audience.I don't think anyone goes there due to their will....trapped persons are not at fault.

To Uday, it would have not mattered 

Itishri thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 5 Thumbnail + 2

ITV is obsessed with "pure". FL can be a widow but only if her husband died without touching her. that way she is "pure" for her next husband is ML.

Quite sickening...

PriyankaITV83 thumbnail

Very true that they should not use the word pure.

But I think when a woman is forced to prostitution, it is not just a physical torture. It is mental and emotional torture as well. Everyone has their own way of dealing with it. Some of them might accept it as their fate. That's when it becomes a way of life for them and they stop seeing it as wrong. Probably that's when they become impure not physically but mentality as well.

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Honestly, ITV and Society's obsession with purity, virginity is crazy!! 

If someone's *touch* makes you dirty/impure, it is their hands that are dirty, right? 

Society/Indian Men : I like my women like I like my oil, Virgin and refined🤔

Uday would've stood by Vashma.. I'd love to see this aspect explored. 👍🏼