Anupama should stand up against emotional torture

psforums thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Baa tortured Anu all her life and it was very clear that it was not out of love. She hated her for the same reasons Vanraj did because she was poor and uneducated and not modern. She tolerated all that because of whatever reasons she may have. 

Respected her decision not to give in to a cheater. Its one thing to forgive her MIL for all her past behaviors but why cant she tell her on her face not to treat Kinjal like that because thats not how we treat humans...period... and if baa doesnt stop then she is not a good person and why does Anupama stay with those kind of people who messed her life and now on to messng up someone elses. 

If she still loves her torturer, then she doesnt respect her kids enough by not speaking up for them. 

Thats wrong

Edited by puja0507 - 2 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Anupama ka emotional torture  ke against stand lene ke liye  anupama ke liye sabje jaroori hai ki use lage ki haan yeh emotional torture hai 

But  anupama ko baa ka emotional torture, emotional torture lagta hi nahin. Jub use baa ka emotional torture lagta hai hi nahin to anupama kya baa ke khilaaf bolegi 

Anupama ko lagta hai jo  bade hai khuch keh diya unki baat ko bura nahin manna chahiye 

Emotional torture ke against Stand lene ke liye  sabse pehle anupama ke dimaag se keeda nikalana chahiye ki yeh bade hai to yeh khuch bhi bol. Sakte hain . Nahin 

Koi anupama ko samjhaye ki respect hamesha achi soch ki honi chahiye na ki age ki 

Ek aur cheej mujhe lagti hai  anupama ko baa ko protest karne ki himat nahin ya phir use  lagta hai baa aged hai to maine unhe khuch kahoon to unhe bura lagega 

But i am hoping against hope ki anupama baa se kahe ki enough is enough. Main aapki respect karti hoon but iska matlab yeh nahin aap kinjal ko jo man mein aayega bolengi. Aap ko apne behaviour mein sudhaar laane ki jaroorat hai 

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Anupama is too busy making roti,working and lecturing the house to have time to stand up to any1

usernameyrkkh thumbnail

Originally posted by: puja0507

If she still loves her torturer, then she doesnt respect her kids enough by not speaking up for them. 

Stockholm syndrome

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

I agree with Surabhi. Anupamaa is strongly gaslighted into believing that Leela's "corrective" measures are for her own good. 

She also wrongly believes that Vanraj cheated only because they were incompatible and that VanYa can have a better life. (He cheated just because he thought he could get away with it and had no plans to leave Anupamaa or marry Kavya)

Most importantly, she is extremely wrong in still wanting to micromanage all housework, inspite of the fact that she now has financial responsibilities and a medical loan to pay off, which she too up with so much pride and vanity.

Life can throw stones and boulders at you any time and that is when you prioritize what's important. 

The fact that some perfectly capable adults (minus Pakhi) are well-fed at all times cannot be a number one priority if you are not a full-time housewife anymore.

Edited by NiharikaMishra - 2 years ago
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Mere baa aur bapuji ke khilap me ek sabh nahi sunungi ðŸ¤£ wo bade hai wo mujhe paidaan jaise use kar sakte he…Hume unse reshpect se rehna chahiye 

masin thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

I agree with Surabhi. Anupamaa is strongly gaslighted into believing that Leela's "corrective" measures are for her own good. 

She also wrongly believes that Vanraj cheated only because they were incompatible and that VanYa can have a better life. (He cheated just because he thought he could get away with it and had no plans to leave Anupamaa or marry Kavya)

Most importantly, she is extremely wrong in still wanting to micromanage all housework, inspite of the fact that she now has financial responsibilities and a medical loan to pay off, which she too up with so much pride and vanity.

Life can throw stones and boulders at you any time and that is when you prioritize what's important. 

The fact that some perfectly capable adults (minus Pakhi) are well-fed at all times cannot be a number one priority if you are not a full-time housewife anymore.

My thoughts exactly!

Anupamaa is as human as everyone else and it's high time the show highlights some of her flaws and faults too. 

Her husband cheated because he knew he could get away with it. He knew his meek wife wouldn't even dare to think about divorce, let alone file it. He knew his kids would side with him over their old-fashioned mom.

I also agree that it's absolutely ridiculous that she's micromanaging all the housework. Ghar ki beti hai, fine, but it's rather problematic agar ghar ki beti din bhar ghar walon ke nakhre utha rahi hai. To some extent I can understand why the family doesn't want to hire a maid. I've seen similar cases where family members feel a sense of pride in working through chores as a unit rather than with the help of a maid. However, this family is not your average family. There are too many complicated relationships and too many members in different stages of their lives. Koi parh raha hai, koi retired hai, koi jab kar raha hai. Not everyone is functioning on the same schedule.

If the family truly wants to support the working members, then they need to actually do 100% of the household chores instead of doing 75% and expecting the working members to finish up the rest. Forget Kavya, woh toh hai hi ek nuisance, but Kinjal isn't actually wrong here. Being a sweet and understanding wife + daughter-in-law doesn't mean you become a doormat. Kinjal's concerns are absolutely valid - ultimately kaam toh ghar ka woh kar rahi hai na, ab chahe microwave use kare ya pateeli, the point is that the family is being fed rice for dinner. Baat khatam.

Also, they should be showing Vanraj helping out in the house more instead of constantly moping and being unable to handle his marital problems. He doesn't speak up for his parents or children. He just witnesses tamasha after tamasha. Usse chahiye ke jab tak part-time job kar raha hai tab tak ghar ke kaam mein help kardiya kare. Why is it only falling on the ladies and the retired elders?! 

Lastly, I hate to say this, but being a doormat at work cannot be compared to being a doormat at home. Job pe agar boss ulta seedha sunaye then he/she is still paying you a salary and is helping you put food on your table and pay your bills. Ghar pe Baa ke taaney aren't helping Kinjal in any way. She's doing her best and that should be good enough. I really hope the family members don't start associating her with Kavya now. Kavya isn't doing her best. She just walks from room to room, eaves dropping and throwing temper tantrums. Kinjal on the other hand is doing her day job and is pulling her weight at home. She truly does represent today's youth and that should be applauded, not degraded!

P.S. Excuse my rant. This week's episodes paired with Anupamaa's repetitive monologues have me riled up to no extent! ðŸ¤”

A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

@ bold & underlined: exactly ! (you should highlight it)... that is what vanraj wanted.

Anu as a maid / support / punch bag  and kavya for xxx & social - display - it is that simple!

If Anu has an ounce of self respect, should not stay in same house or move out as soon as she is able to manage new place. 

Why is she not moving in with her mother? she is not burden anymore, she is working now.