Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

1. Haider - I can hardly think of another performance as multilayered and interpretive as this one (Bollywood, Hollywood and foreign films included), like you can draw 10 different motives or interpretation from just one scene, one expression. What a complex character, and how well she pulled it off.

2. Maqbool - same as above, though felt Haider is a step above

3. The Namesake - another extraordinary performance, though the character did not require as much complexity as the other 2.

4. Andhadhun

5. Chandni Bar

6. Astitva

PS Found her horrendously bad in Drishyam and that's the only role of hers that I hated.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Supari_khala thumbnail

Chandni bar always and forever 

Equine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Blood_Sacrifice

1. Haider - I can hardly think of another performance as multilayered and interpretive as this one (Bollywood, Hollywood and foreign films included), like you can draw 10 different motives or interpretation from just one scene, one expression. What a complex character, and how well she pulled it off.

2. Maqbool - same as above, though felt Haider is a step above

3. The Namesake - another extraordinary performance, though the character did not require as much complexity as the other 2.

4. Andhadhun

5. Chandni Bar

6. Astitva

PS Found her horrendously bad in Drishyam and that's the only role of hers that I hated.

Voldemort..... Is that u??? Is this ur secret MID??😉😆.

Jokes apart, how can u not include Maachis?? That's the first film I watched of Tabu, and was blown over by her performance. Didn't she win an national award for tht film?

Haider and Maqbool are the top of the list.

Next comes Maachis.

Astitva 

Andhadhun 

Name's sake.

Haven't seen chandni bar yet, so can't comment on tht .

Everyone says she's horrendous in Drishyam, but I thought she was ok. Not so bad. 

I think her worst was HSSH. Ofcourse, the film itself is horrible, and everyone either overacted or underacted, but, since , Tabu set such a high benchmark for herself, she stood out fir her bad performance. 

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

1. Chadani Bar

2. Haidar

3.  Maqbool

4. Maachis

5. Andhadhun

6. Namesake

Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Equine

Voldemort..... Is that u??? Is this ur secret MID??😉😆.

Jokes apart, how can u not include Maachis?? That's the first film I watched of Tabu, and was blown over by her performance. Didn't she win an national award for tht film?

Haider and Maqbool are the top of the list.

Next comes Maachis.

Astitva 

Andhadhun 

Name's sake.

Haven't seen chandni bar yet, so can't comment on tht .

Everyone says she's horrendous in Drishyam, but I thought she was ok. Not so bad. 

I think her worst was HSSH. Ofcourse, the film itself is horrible, and everyone either overacted or underacted, but, since , Tabu set such a high benchmark for herself, she stood out fir her bad performance. 

You mean Lord Voldemort? Nah she's an Ash fan, I am not.

Actually I haven't seen Maachis, Virasat, Hu Tu Tu and Cheeni Kum yet. Thanks for the recommendation though.

She was good in one scene - that scene where they were unearthing the grave and she is afraid maybe she will see her son's corpse there, she was marvelous there.

But rest of the movie, she was trying so hard to act "oh look at me I am such a kickass police or whatever", her rough and tough acting looked utterly hilarious. And this is coming from someone who thinks she's like the greatest Indian actress alive. But that's OK, one bad performance in a career full of extraordinary roles doesn't do anything.

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Her performance in Haider still gives me chills. TOO GOOD. 

JPeppers thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Maachis

Chandni Bar

Astitva

Maqbool

Haider

Viraasat