Vignette 32. Bhai - Part 2 : Page 3

Posted: 2 years ago

Hello my dears... I’m back with the next TS! This one is for Stuti ❤️

This is an idea that has been floating around for years, finally managed to catch the plot bunny!

I will be updating TKD soon as well, but this one had to be written, the bunny was insistent!

Enjoy!

32. Bhai

”Bhai, Main nikalta hoon”, said Akash, poking his head around the door of Arnav’s Cabin.

Holding up a finger, Arnav snapped out a few more instructions at the laptop screen. “That’s all for now, ladies and gentlemen. Carry on with your discussions, I will join back for the next session in precisely 25 minutes. Wrap this up by then and forward the MoM to Suman before end of office hours today.”

Closing the laptop, he gestured for Akash to come in and got up.

Moving over to the mini pantry area, he poured them both a cup of coffee and went to sit on the sofa, motioning for Akash to join him.

“I’m really sorry, Akash, that I had to spring this on you”, he sighed. “This last minute health and safety inspection by our Swiss clients have thrown the entire ARH management into a frenzy. With NK on vacation, it is taking both him and me hours of coordination to make sure things are on track. Waise bhi mai iss kaam kisi aur ko delegate nahi kar sakta with half the ARH management down with the recent spread of viral fever.”

Leaning back to stretch, Akash smiled, “No worries, Bhai. I’ll take care of this.Waise bhi kaafi time hua mere kisi AR Fashions ke functions attend kiye. It will be good to see what’s what.” Taking a sip of his coffee, he closed his eyes in bliss, ‘Bhai always made excellent coffee’, he thought. 

“I’m just glad I didn’t have any other meetings scheduled for the evening. I just had to make a call to Payal to tell her I’ll be home late”, he continued, neatly skipping the part that he and Payal had set aside this evening for one of their long drives to the countryside and a late dinner at one of their favourite dhabas. Any mention of this and Arnav would order him home, and take it upon himself to juggle both meetings. Already his Bhai was stretched thin, he was happy to help out in any way possible.

After chatting a few minutes, he left, leaving Arnav to his marathon review meetings. As he got into the backseat of the sedan, it struck him that he should just have asked Payal to join him at the venue! 

“Maana ki yeh humari routine outing se bohot different hai, but Payal ne kabhi AR Fashions ke koi bhi function attend nahi ki, she might like it!”, he mused.

Taking out his phone, he hit speed-dial, smiling softly at his wife’s immediate response. “Namaste Payalji”, he smiled, falling back to his favourite game, talking to her the way they used to before their wedding.

“Ji, Akashji, boliye…” He could sense the smile in her voice too.

“Mai soch raha tha ki mai aapko ek date pe le chaloon.”

“Akashji, gharwale kya bolenge?”

“Arre Payalji, humare pyaar ke saamne gharwale kya hi bol sakenge?”

Laughing now, Payal asked, “Aap bakwas band karo ab aur boliye ki call kaise kiya? Aapko koi funcion me jaana tha na?” 

Voice now hopeful, she continued, “Function cancel ho gaya kya? Hum drive pe jaa payenge?”

Wincing slightly at how much she had been looking forward to their drive, Akash said, “Sorry Payal, function ke liye nikal raho hhon. Bhai itna overwhelmed hai kaam se ki maine bola bhi nahi ki humare plans the. I just thought I should help him out.”

“Arre, nahi nahi, hum aise hi pooch rahe the. Aap ho aayiye, drive pe hum kabhi bhi jaa sakte hai na.”

“Payal, I was serious, by the way, date pe chaloge?”

“Kahan?”, she laughed.

“I was thinking ki venue itna paas hai ki you can easily join me. Bus showcase of our winter collections hai and then it is dinner, music and cocktails. It will be a nice evening. What do you say?”

Interested now, she replied, “Acha… chalo, hum aayenge phir. Bus aap humare pati ko mat boliyega ki hum aapke saath date pe gaye the.” 

“Achaji…” Akash grinned. “Chalo, mai location tumhe aur Mohan donon ko bhejta hoon, Waise toh mujhse pehle tum pohonch jaaogi. Bus wait karna mera, gaadi me hi. Hum entry saath me karenge. Andar jaake ek doosre ko dhoondhne se aasaan ye hoga.”

“Theek hai Akash, hum taiyyar hoke jaldi nikalte hain. Acha, ye batao, indo-western party wear hi hai na dress code?”

Smiling at how far his wife had come, from the simple Lucknowi girl she was, while keeping all the wonderful simplicity intact, he replied, “Ji haan. Jaldi pohoonchta hoon mai bhi.”

Payal, as predicted by Akash, reached the venue first. Mohan parked the car near the entrance to wait and decided to stand guard, much to her amusement. In the past 2 years, Mohan had come to look upon Khushi and Payal as his own sisters. While Khushi shared a friendly camaraderie with him, he was more protective of the getle Payal, much as he was with Anjali.

She sat back watch with impressed eyes the decorations and the arrangements for the show, the classic, elegant, understated AR touch visible in every detail. Her already sky-high opinion of her Jethji climbing up a notch, she sent a couple of photos to Khushi, who was on the way back from Prateeksha.

Payal had been comfortably waiting for a scant 15 minutes when Mohan rapped on her window to point at the car entering the venue. Wondering why Akash had decided to come in Arnavji’s sedan instead of his own, Payal climbed out and stood waiting. 

The driver got out, and sending her a smiling nod, he pulled open the backdoor. Akash had just stepped out, still talking on his phone, looking down at some papers in his hand when the shots rang out.

Authors Note:

A cliff hanger is an interesting point to stop, I think!

Please do let me know your thoughts… be generous.

Edited by AparnaRenu - 2 years ago

Now I realize why I had the sudden urge to log in to IF right now 😆. The connection we share... me always logging in right when you post... I'm left giddily surprised by it everytime ❤️. I came across your post before I saw the notification for the tag 😆

Be back with more after reading 😃

What!! How could you stop there?! 😲

For a moment when Arnav's sedan came... I thought Akash had met with an accident or something and that's why Arnav came to pick up Payal. I don't know why I was already thinking about something bad happening.... but the shots sound worse .

I hope this turns out to be something completely different... firecracker shots for their welcome maybe 😆. Curiously, the title is Bhai... so despite seeming like it is focused on Payash for now, I guess it will take a turn towards bringing Arnav back in the scenario.

Who are the shots directed towards? TS means 2 shots or 3? And when will the next one be up? Can I get a sneak peak since it is dedicated to me? 😆

Yes, I'm going to keep on bugging you with questions till you update the next part 😈

And before I forget, here's a BIG THANK YOU for the dedication ❤️

Edited by ssttuuttii - 2 years ago
Originally posted by ssttuuttii

Now I realize why I had the sudden urge to log in to IF right now 😆. The connection we share... me always logging in right when you post... I'm left giddily surprised by it everytime ❤️. I came across your post before I saw the notification for the tag 😆

Aww, darling! Big hug! You have quite a bit to catch up on... ❤️

Originally posted by AparnaRenu

Aww, darling! Big hug! You have quite a bit to catch up on... ❤️

Oh yes! Quite a lot... but I went ahead and read this one first 😆. I hope there won't be too many continuity errors for me though... I'll try to catch up on the rest ASAP 😳.

P.S. Updated my earlier comment ⭐️

Amazing start.. 

can u please pm whenever u update next

Thank u

What!! How could you stop there?! 😲

For a moment when Arnav's sedan came... I thought Akash had met with an accident or something and that's why Arnav came to pick up Payal. I don't know why I was already thinking about something bad happening.... but the shots sound worse .

I hope this turns out to be something completely different... firecracker shots for their welcome maybe 😆. Curiously, the title is Bhai... so despite seeming like it is focused on Payash for now, I guess it will take a turn towards bringing Arnav back in the scenario.

Who are the shots directed towards? TS means 2 shots or 3? And when will the next one be up? Can I get a sneak peak since it is dedicated to me? 😆

Yes, I'm going to keep on bugging you with questions till you update the next part 😈

And before I forget, here's a BIG THANK YOU for the dedication ❤️

Oh wow!!! That's quite the bombardment of questions! 😳

Very glad to see you this excited after so long... sabr karo, abhi toh 3-shot hai... lekin mera koi bharosa nahi h. From... with love statrted as a 2-shot and look what happened! 😃

You'll have to wait and see... but I'll give you a sneak peak... go check your DM. ❤️

Hi Aparna....welcome back...I love all your stories....They are so heart warming and lovely...Thank you...Lovely and a scary start...Hope nothing will happen to this devoted Bhai..Eagerly waiting for the next one

Nice start and ended with a cliff hanger. Now eagerly waiting for the next

Originally posted by AparnaRenu

Oh wow!!! That's quite the bombardment of questions! 😳

Very glad to see you this excited after so long... sabr karo, abhi toh 3-shot hai... lekin mera koi bharosa nahi h. From... with love statrted as a 2-shot and look what happened! 😃

You'll have to wait and see... but I'll give you a sneak peak... go check your DM. ❤️

Thank you for the sneak peak... I haven't yet decided whether I feel lucky or not about getting to read that 😆.

I would have replied to it in the PM itself.... but once again....

Your PM Inbox is FULL!! 🤣

Go and make some space so that I can respond to the evil piece of writing you have sent me 😆

Thank you for the sneak peak... I haven't yet decided whether I feel lucky or not about getting to read that 😆.

I would have replied to it in the PM itself.... but once again....

Your PM Inbox is FULL!! 🤣

Go and make some space so that I can respond to the evil piece of writing you have sent me 😆

I did!!! Lookin forward to that reply!!! 😃