More inclined towards Reema’s character

Pranita03 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I really liked Reema’s character a lot in the beginning and I still like her minus few qualities. Now definitely she is shown to be impulsive and selfish. But, i am still more inclined towards Reema because of her bold behaviour and strong dreams. She isn’t seen sobbing at a corner, nor is she really dependant on anybody. Simar doesn’t even have the guts to pursue her own dreams. Her only role in the show will be to make tea/lunch/dinner and participate in petty kitchen politics in the future. It’s honestly a breath of fresh air to see Reema this season. 

At many points I think Reema is being forced to play the negative role because of low TRPs or whatever. Her initial acts were mostly of harmless fun. I liked her intelligence when she got that pen drive from that photographer. Infact I even liked the way she talked to that boy (whom her father chose) and got his reality out in the first episode. She was a breath of fresh air. 
Infact, the makers made no sense. They wanted to show Aarav liked Simar’s personality because of talking on phone or whatever but, Aarav had already met Reema on occasions and seemed to be taking interest in her. It’s not as if the initial attraction wasn’t seen between them. Suddenly shifting the track seemed totally off. Reema literally made the show interesting with the freshness she brought. I wish they just allowed her to continue as it is. 

Also you might disagree, but I found it petty of Simar to go ahead and meet with the groom’s family even after she knew Aarav had made clear that he didn’t want to see her ever again. Infact she should have atleast thought of her sister while she was doing all of that. And if not for her sister, she should have had some self respect. The guy literally rejected her, was attracted to her sister and behaved with her so rudely. Funny how she still couldn’t take a stand 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desiseriesfan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Agree with you 100%. And I really like Reema"s character. She is bold, outspoken, bubbly, big dreams, wants to be a supermodel, wants her big brand in Paris i.e. knows what she wants, wants everything at any cost and doesn't bother about the consequence. On the other hand, Simar is cute, innocent, not so spoken, loves her family way too much, can sacrifice her life, doesn't protest, she wants to be singer , higher chances she will be married ,have kids and will try to live a family life. On one hand Reema has crisp character on the other hand simar has simple character. 

Too much contrast. It is true that makers are deliberately doing it. For TRP obviously. And about meeting groom family I think Simar didn't know they came to make her as daughter-in-law(am I correct?) and after that she made it clear to Gitanjali Devi about the confusion made by the photograph published in newspaper. Which was also because Reema couldn't resist the fact Simar is getting married to such big family and Reema was choose first by him. From my POV this is correct because Aarav initially liked Reema first, so they should get married, that's what in reality should happen.

Now about the problems, Simar's has crush over Aarav and he always gives not so straight forward answer why he wants to marry Reema, mostly he says parivaar and all. In reality both Aarav and Simar are on same page, because both of them had crush and they fantasized over them(Aarav did about Reema and Simar did about Aarav). The biggest problem is Reema doesn't like Aarav and she is only doing it for big family and money. Even if she marries Aarav neither she will  be happy nor him. That's what makes the future of Reema gloomy. Personally I do want Simar and Aarav to get married but sometimes I feel it would create much more drama if Reema gets married to Aarav. She will realize the meaning of love and  Vivaan really liked her.

Thats my fantasy, but the future will unfold her character. My biggest fear is, if things doesn't goes according to Reema's goal she will turn in into full negative character. I really don't want that. 

Edited by desilseriesfan - 2 years ago
Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I have no issues with Reema's dreams. Go for it, what I don't like about her is using people. 

She is definitely only after money. First it was Vivaan and now Aarav. That's what my issue is. Simar didn't know that GD wanted her as a DIL. She did go and clear it all out, that takes guts, which Reema lacks. 

Reema is being unnecessarily jealous of Simar. I'm not sure why, the comments about Aarav not liking Simar now that he has seen Reema. Those comments are harsh, rude and mean. 

I love a character who has a dream, what I'm not okay with is a character degrading another to make themselves feel better. This goes for reel or real. This is the reason I can't get behind Reema even if I want her to make it big. She should have come clean about participating in the pageant but she hasn't told her parents or even spoken to Aarav about it. 

All I know is, when everything is said and done, she's going to dump the blame on Simar. That's the kind of person Reema is. 

Home786 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Namita-M

I have no issues with Reema's dreams. Go for it, what I don't like about her is using people. 

She is definitely only after money. First it was Vivaan and now Aarav. That's what my issue is. Simar didn't know that GD wanted her as a DIL. She did go and clear it all out, that takes guts, which Reema lacks. 

Reema is being unnecessarily jealous of Simar. I'm not sure why, the comments about Aarav not liking Simar now that he has seen Reema. Those comments are harsh, rude and mean. 

I love a character who has a dream, what I'm not okay with is a character degrading another to make themselves feel better. This goes for reel or real. This is the reason I can't get behind Reema even if I want her to make it big. She should have come clean about participating in the pageant but she hasn't told her parents or even spoken to Aarav about it. 

All I know is, when everything is said and done, she's going to dump the blame on Simar. That's the kind of person Reema is. 

+1 ... 

I completely agree with you behen...