Users

Frequent Posters

Tetul thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Active voice passive voice. 

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Did the number of cases go down? How can he have a party now ðŸ˜•?

Edited by Daechwita - 2 years ago
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Daechwita

Did the number of cases go down? How can he have a party now ðŸ˜•?

They're probably all vaccinated by now but it's going to get them bashed so badly. ðŸ¤£

If it's true, that is. Shitvilla might just be making it up.

Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hotchoco

They're probably all vaccinated by now but it's going to get them bashed so badly. ðŸ¤£

If it's true, that is. Shitvilla might just be making it up.

People are dying even after getting vaccinated.. by the way.. don’t think it’s working against the new mutant.

Stardust91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

On topic: yes KJo will get bashed as will those who attended; but the same people bashing them now were the ones defending Bollywood and ITV actors who were travelling during XMAS and NEW YEARS EVE 2020, whilst the rest of the world was in the throes of the 2nd wave. Showed no compassion and empathy for American or European friends and family then who were begging people in India to be careful. In fact I got bashed on this very forum for criticising a TV actor and his wife who travelled to Maldives whilst my country was going through a 2nd wave and i was working on the front line. Now my country has one of the highest rates of vaccine uptake in the world and we are sending help to India. Just saying. 

In summary - can people just be kind. 

Edited by WildestDreams - 2 years ago
Autumn_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Stardust91

There have been studies to state that BOTH doses of the vaccine protect against symptomatic infection by quite a large percentage. 

the question is how many people had both doses; how many people were 3 weeks post dose 1 when they got infected and what vaccine did they receive? 

No real world data will be based on covaxin because India is the ONLY country using that vaccine and sorry to say but they won't fund research so no one will ever know. ALL the research on the variant first found in India (BBC has reported that India is taking objections to it being called anything other that B1.617; poor SA, Brazil, UK who raised no objections to their variants being called Kent variant, Brazilian varant, SA variant), has been done on Pfizer, AZ (covishield) and Moderna. 

Can people PLEASE PLEASE read before spreading misinformation which might result in some not getting the vaccine; not being critical just stating a fact. 

On topic: yes KJo will get bashed as will those who attended; but the same people bashing them now were the ones defending Bollywood and ITV actors who were travelling during XMAS and NEW YEARS EVE 2020, whilst the rest of the world was in the throes of the 2nd wave. Showed no compassion and empathy for American or European friends and family then who were begging people in India to be careful. In fact I got bashed on this very forum for criticising a TV actor and his wife who travelled to Maldives whilst my country was going through a 2nd wave and i was working on the front line. Now my country has one of the highest rates of vaccine uptake in the world and we are sending help to India. Just saying. 

I’m speaking from experience.. 

I know a lot of people who had taken both doses but still contracted the illness.

Some of the passed away too. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Take the vaccine but doesn’t mean you have to be careless!!

chingoobean thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

But if we read the entire article from beginning to end, it does mention that a lot of the A-listers including Ranveer-Deepika, Saif-Kareena, Adi Chops-Rani M & Virat-Anushka have decided to miss KJo's birthday partysmiley20Toh phir bacha kon? Who's going to Alibaug? Not many will want to risk public wrath. 

Stardust91 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Autumn_Rose

I’m speaking from experience.. 

I know a lot of people who had taken both doses but still contracted the illness.

Some of the passed away too. It’s better to be safe than sorry. Take the vaccine but doesn’t mean you have to be careless!!

Again, it depends on a lot of things; no one is asking anyone NOT to be careful. It also depends on the vaccine given; it also depends on how unwell they were; without reading the case history of these people who were unwell and who died, I am unable to comment. 

I can only go by the data that has been released by the National Institutes of Health and the CDC and Public Health UK on the efficacy of vaccines used outside of India. Perhaps, if and when India decides to release data for research purposes which it might not due to failings in the system being exposed, we will be able to detect what happened. Until then, as stated, I have to go by data released from research in other countries. 

I am also speaking from experience of people exposed to B1.617, the variant first found in India, and it seems that it was those that were not vaccinated that were admitted to hospital. Again, I am unable to compare like by lack due to different conditions in Indian hospitals and different vaccines and the lack of data for research purposes from India. 

Further ongoing studies in Europe and the US & Canada, will provide further clarity.

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Stardust91

There have been studies to state that BOTH doses of the vaccine protect against symptomatic infection by quite a large percentage. 

the question is how many people had both doses; how many people were 3 weeks post dose 1 when they got infected and what vaccine did they receive? 

No real world data will be based on covaxin because India is the ONLY country using that vaccine and sorry to say but they won't fund research so no one will ever know. ALL the research on the variant first found in India (BBC  has reported that India is taking objections to it being called anything other that B1.617; poor SA, Brazil, UK who raised no objections to their variants being called Kent variant, Brazilian varant, SA variant), has been done on Pfizer, AZ (covishield) and Moderna. 

Can people PLEASE PLEASE read before spreading misinformation which might result in some not getting the vaccine; not being critical just stating a fact. 

Bold - Really? I didn’t know that...

Maybe India learned from China 

They objected it being called the Wuhan virus - which is what it was initially called - and changed it to Covid-19