Special appreciation post for Pratiti today.

Justice4Samosa thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

I could've written this in the daily discussion thread but Pratiti's performance made me do this seperate post for her. We all know how strong and versatile Shweta is as a dancer and no matter how much you try, your eyes always goes to Shweta during any performance just like Vartika but Pratiti completely hit it out of the park today. Such a beautiful and graceful rendition of Mohiniattam on such a lovely song. I felt everything that Terrence, Geeta and Vartika were feeling during the feedback session. She is just 10 years old yet she has moulded herself so beautifully in a dance form that she doesn't have any training in. I don't know if many noticed her eye movements throughout the performance- so so good just like Mohiniattam dancers too. It's like she was a professional Mohiniattam dancer.

Kudos to Shweta just like Geeta said for bringing in the best out of Pratiti and making her do so many styles of Indian dance form. She did pure classical, street-o-classical, then a lyrical form of bharatnatyam act on the Mahabharata dance sequence, then lavani and now Mohiniattam. And how wonderful was the whole performance looking including the sets and lighting? Wow. 👏 Pratiti is really a dark horse in the show. If audience does support her I do see her going to top 5 too. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

felixfelilah thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 years ago

Originally posted by: MommaDarling

I could've written this in the daily discussion thread but Pratiti's performance made me do this seperate post for her. We all know how strong and versatile Shweta is as a dancer and no matter how much you try, your eyes always goes to Shweta during any performance just like Vartika but Pratiti completely hit it out of the park today. Such a beautiful and graceful rendition of Mohiniattam on such a lovely song. I felt everything that Terrence, Geeta and Vartika were feeling during the feedback session. She is just 10 years old yet she has moulded herself so beautifully in a dance form that she doesn't have any training in. I don't know if many noticed her eye movements throughout the performance- so so good just like Mohiniattam dancers too. It's like she was a professional Mohiniattam dancer.

Kudos to Shweta just like Geeta said for bringing in the best out of Pratiti and making her do so many styles of Indian dance form. She did pure classical, street-o-classical, then a lyrical form of bharatnatyam act on the Mahabharata dance sequence, then lavani and now Mohiniattam. And how wonderful was the whole performance looking including the sets and lighting? Wow. 👏 Pratiti is really a dark horse in the show. If audience does support her I do see her going to top 5 too. 

Pratiti was outstanding. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I wish they had mentioned how Mohiniattam is different from Bharatnatyam. But Pratiti yaar! Like you said, her eye movements and expressions were so lovely. I didn't expect to be so amazed by their performance.