Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IPodcastKKND thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: dramebaaz.af

I don't think it would've been that hard to explore other characters. We could've seen more of Payal and Aakash and Manohar till he was present had great one-liners to compliment Mami ji. 

I think Deepali is doing a show right now. Not sure about Akshay but he's worked on other series till 2018/9 I believe. Do hope they get to work again!

Yes, Deepali is doing a cameo in the show Ghum Hai Kisiki Pyaar Main.

And I agree - Deepali and Akshay are extremely talented yet underrated actors, I would actually love to see them on screen.

Also, Payal and Akash were both extremely important but underutilized characters. 

Love.life2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

yesss!!! I was watching the Akash, Payal, Arnav and Buaji focused New Year's episodes earlier and I was thinking how strong the cast of the show was in terms of acting and performances. I think a problem daily soaps make is that they invest too much in the lead couple that they often forget about the introduced parallel couple and other characters unless they are relevant in conversation to the lead couple. IPKKND definitely made that mistake as well. Akash and Payal's characters had a lot of potential

I think more Payal and Khushi scenes in Shantivan would've been a great use of Payal's role throughout the show.

I liked Payal in the scenes when she was the mature sensible protective  sister. Akash however impress me at all. Every character has to impress individually to connect with their love story but he didn't stand out as an individual or even a brother or son or even a husband.

@bold

No offence intended but IPK wasn't the typical family drama daily soap. It was a love story of Arnav Khushi and promoted as such. No where did they ever make a montage or promo of family or other couples to suggest  there were parallel couples or were they introduced as such who got sidelined to focus on the leads like other daily shows so I don't agree that IPK made the same mistake as other shows to focus on leads. They did what they should have till they lost the plot and focused on supporting characters post kidnap track.

The promos or montages had only Arnav Khushi so obviously the focus will be on Arnav Khushi the leads. Even family drama are focussed on leads so why would the makers give up the USP of a love story on SP with family dramas everywhere and turn it into a family drama with more than one couple. Thank God they didn't otherwise IPK wouldn't be IPK.  

I understand there might be a section that might like Akash Payal but to say they were 'introduced' as Parallel couple isn't quite right imo. 

Edited by renee.bee - 3 years ago
dramebaaz.af thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 years ago

yes, I most of the characters were well utilised till the Aakash and Payal's wedding and then slowly started disappearing until needed. plus, Dogra and Pansaree are such strong actors! 

I would like to see more of their work but I don't know if I have it in me to follow soaps lol 

dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Originally posted by: renee.bee

I liked Payal in the scenes when she was the mature sensible protective  sister. Akash however impress me at all. Every character has to impress individually to connect with their love story but he didn't stand out as an individual or even a brother or son or even a husband.

@bold

No offence intended but IPK wasn't the typical family drama daily soap. It was a love story of Arnav Khushi and promoted as such. No where did they ever make a montage or promo of family or other couples to suggest  there were parallel couples or were they introduced as such who got sidelined to focus on the leads like other daily shows so I don't agree that IPK made the same mistake as other shows to focus on leads. They did what they should have till they lost the plot and focused on supporting characters post kidnap track.

The promos or montages had only Arnav Khushi so obviously the focus will be on Arnav Khushi the leads. Even family drama are focussed on leads so why would the makers give up the USP of a love story on SP with family dramas everywhere and turn it into a family drama with more than one couple. Thank God they didn't otherwise IPK wouldn't be IPK.  

I understand there might be a section that might like Akash Payal but to say they were 'introduced' as Parallel couple isn't quite right imo. 

Hi, yes yes I totally get that the focus was the love story and it wasn't a sitcom but what I mean is that when the characters were utilised, they were utilised in a way that didn't tap the potential of their role in Arnav and Khushi's life, nor the actors own personal strength and talent. Like the bubbly track was very annoying and didn't help us understand Akash and Payal as much. I think the lead characters were three, Arnav Khushi and Anjali since the show's previous title was didi ki Saut but I think one of the problems the show had was that instead of focusing on the plots' strength, the PH and channel would scummed to giving Arnav Khushi moments over the characters story. 

I mean I remember how crazy the forum was going hen during Arnav's kidnapping track we were getting lot more flashbacks even though the Mami and Khushi track was pretty good. After all, the Akshay and Deepali quit the show because of creative differences about their characters as well. 

I do agree with you that maybe Payal and Akash weren't a parallel couple but they were very important to Arnav and Khushi and we barely got any Arnav Payal and Khushi scenes. We got like two or three Khushi Akash and Arnav scenes that too during the wedding. I think there was more to be explored lol. It's all done and dusted though so we can only lament.

Love.life2 thumbnail

Hi, yes yes I totally get that the focus was the love story and it wasn't a sitcom but what I mean is that when the characters were utilised, they were utilised in a way that didn't tap the potential of their role in Arnav and Khushi's life, nor the actors own personal strength and talent. Like the bubbly track was very annoying and didn't help us understand Akash and Payal as much. I think the lead characters were three, Arnav Khushi and Anjali since the show's previous title was didi ki Saut but I think one of the problems the show had was that instead of focusing on the plots' strength, the PH and channel would scummed to giving Arnav Khushi moments over the characters story. 

Bold part. IPK had many tentative titles.  The first glimpse on SBS of the ramp shoot the title was Vaidehi where Khushi's name was Vaidehi because they said Sanaya is playing Vaidehi. Vaidehi is another name of Maa Sita and Anjali even said Sita when Khushi  came to train Lavanya. 

Then there was Arnav ki Khushi then Didi Ki Saut means Khushi. So though Khushi the FL was common in every title it was still a love story and every promo was about them  and people signed up for that. 

I think You mean they changed the concept and story before it aired since they focussed on the leads from the beginning. It was Arnav Khushi's chemistry that got ratings but Anjali was always there. If anything they cheated the audiences by promoting a love story and when it was time for Arnav's redemption came or their love growing they served us Anjali's drama for 6 weeks almost. It put me off from watching IPK.   I wasn't online on the forum but I used to watch Arshi scenes online. 

I mean I remember how crazy the forum was going hen during Arnav's kidnapping track we were getting lot more flashbacks even though the Mami and Khushi track was pretty good. After all, the Akshay and Deepali quit the show because of creative differences about their characters as 

I do agree with you that maybe Payal and Akash weren't a parallel couple but they were very important to Arnav and Khushi and we barely got any Arnav Payal and Khushi scenes. We got like two or three Khushi Akash and Arnav scenes that too during the wedding. I think there was more to be explored lol. It's all done and dusted though so we can only lament.

The writing was sloppy be it during the kidnap or post that.

Even Jashn was promoted as Arnav Khushi 3 yrs later and they dished out epi almost 7 out of 8 epis without Khushi.

We can't even blame the PH for Jashn they weren't involved and the writers had a free hand and they still failed to live up to what was promised. 

That's why I don't want any continuation of IPK. No point watching something where the leads don't get scenes together. 

Edited by renee.bee - 2 years ago
dramebaaz.af thumbnail

Originally posted by: renee.bee

IPK had many tentative titles.  The first glimpse on SBS of the ramp shoot the title was Vaidehi where Khushi's name was Vaidehi because they said Sanaya is playing Vaidehi. Vaidehi is another name of Maa Sita and Anjali even said Sita when Khushi  came to train Lavanya. 

Then there was Arnav ki Khushi then Didi Ki Saut means Khushi. So though Khushi the FL was common in every title it was still a love story and every promo was about them  and people signed up for that. 

I think You mean they changed the concept and story before it aired since they focussed on the leads from the beginning. It was Arnav Khushi's chemistry that got ratings but Anjali was always there. If anything they cheated the audiences by promoting a love story and when it was time for Arnav's redemption came or their love growing they served us Anjali's drama for 6 weeks almost. It put me off from watching IPK.   I wasn't online on the forum but I used to watch Arshi scenes online. 

The writing was sloppy be it during the kidnap or post that.

Even Jashn was promoted as Arnav Khushi 3 yrs later and they dished out epi almost 7 out of 8 epis without Khushi.

We can't even blame the PH for Jashn they weren't involved and the writers had a free hand and they still failed to live up to what was promised. 

That's why I don't want any continuation of IPK. No point watching something where the leads don't get scenes together. 

no, I mean that each character was vital as their story played a role in Arnav and Khushi's story but they weren't utilised as such. Even with the Anjali focused track, I think it could've been handled much better and you're right that they cheated us out of a proper redemption track. As much as both the lead characters' understood each other's unsaid words, that wasn't proper redemption. 

Yeah, I think there were very few episodes which were amazing through and through. IPK had such a strong plot overall that that plot distracted from their sloppy writing. 

With Ek Jashan, I think the lack of PH's involvement is to blame for how it panned out because we already saw the channel trying to capitalise off this show's name with the second season. I didn't entirely mind the Ek Jashan but I think there inconsistencies with Arnav's character progression. 

As much as I would like a ten yrs later continuation of sorts, I think you're right that it'll be useless to have that. The story of the show which started at sheesh mahal ended with Shyam's confession so anything after that doesn't help in showing us a continuation. It's all happily ever after anyway 

Ultimately its all wishful thinking since it's all been ended for almost a decade now.

Love.life2 thumbnail

no, I mean that each character was vital as their story played a role in Arnav and Khushi's story but they weren't utilised as such. Even with the Anjali focused track, I think it could've been handled much better and you're right that they cheated us out of a proper redemption track. As much as both the lead characters' understood each other's unsaid words, that wasn't proper redemption. 

Yeah, I think there were very few episodes which were amazing through and through. IPK had such a strong plot overall that that plot distracted from their sloppy writing. 

With Ek Jashan, I think the lack of PH's involvement is to blame for how it panned out because we already saw the channel trying to capitalise off this show's name with the second season. I didn't entirely mind the Ek Jashan but I think there inconsistencies with Arnav's character progression. 

As much as I would like a ten yrs later continuation of sorts, I think you're right that it'll be useless to have that. The story of the show which started at sheesh mahal ended with Shyam's confession so anything after that doesn't help in showing us a continuation. It's all happily ever after anyway 

Ultimately its all wishful thinking since it's all been ended for almost a decade now.

Yes no IPK continuation, though I wish Sanaya and Barun to work together because they are such amazing actors and have great chemistry. 

Edited by renee.bee - 2 years ago