Sharad's Body-Double-Article MM!!

rashi85 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

This is two much...

The Sindoor unit hired a body double for Sharad Kelkar because of his latecoming. Now the body double comes late!

Back to Section Stories

Sapana Patil Poojary

< src="http://cms.mumbaimirror.com/tools/BubbleTooltips.js" =text/> < =text/>window.onload=function(){enableTooltips()};

Double trouble
Shailesh Negi, Sharad Kelkar
Sharad Kelkar could barely make it to sets of Sindoor on time, so a body double got to be the star instead. Apparently, the starry aura has rubbed off on him to such an extent, that even the body double has started showing up late on the sets!

The story goes that Sharad Kelkar bit off more than he could chew, and was so occupied with Saat Phere that he had scant time to report to the sets of Sindoor on time. Having run out of the charitable spirit of forgiveness, the producers of Sindoor decided to hire a body double for his scenes, leaving only the close-ups for Sharad himself. All was well until the double too began reporting late… Now, the entire unit spends quality time twiddling their thumbs until he shows up.

Naresh Suri who plays Raizada in Sindoor adds, "All of us are always ready with costumes, make-up and lighting. But the original and the duplicate are always missing. It has become a standing joke on the sets."

Shailesh Negi the body double, defends himself by saying that he lives very far. He says, "It's a very long commute for me all the way to the sets at Goregaon. I have to change trains and more often than not, they run late. The entire unit rags me about my latecoming, but I know they don't mean to insult me."

Er, maybe he is unfamiliar with the concept of starting out earlier? After all, all of Mumbai makes it to work on time!
Shailesh has played body double to Shah Rukh Khan (for Navratna talc), now he is doubling up for Sharad Kelkar.

Interestingly, Shailesh is Sharad's double in Saat Phere too, with the result that they keep alternating between the sets of Sindoor and Saat Phere. Shailesh says, "When Sharad is on the sets of Saat Phere, I am on the sets of Sindoor and vice versa." A Sharad here, a Shailesh there…    

Executive producer Khalid Khan remarks, "Shailesh should move to a place closer to the location of the shoot. It will save all of us a lot of trouble."    

Sharad, on his part, says, "I have committed dates to Sindoor. Yet, I am not called for shooting for days. I guess it must be cheaper for them to shoot with the double."

The plot only thickens, doesn't it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Oh dear... i wish it were 2 Rudr's!!! πŸ˜† Instead of just a body double...Oh well! never mind... thanks 4 sharing!!!

Rudr should try pitching up at the studio's on time... really!!!πŸ˜‰

786Zahra thumbnail
thanks for sharing.
ahah a duplicite of sharad on the sets haha.
coolcool!
😳 😳 😳
xmanisha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
wow thanks for the article ! 😳
Sannu_726 thumbnail
nice article.
thnx for sharing
Rinkalp90 thumbnail
ahaha if there were two Rudra then Niharika can have one and other for all of his fan..😳 πŸ˜†
intresting. thanks for sharing 😊