Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrollikaDevi thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

It's hard to tell if Payal is an opportunistic troll like Kangana or if she's mentally ill.    Her audacity to go on about bharatiya sanskriti is funny when she's actually known for her item songs, some of which were vulgar.    

Free speech is never totally 'free'. It doesn't grant you the freedom to spread your bigotry.  Inciting one community against another constantly through her insane YouTube videos does count as 'hate speech' .  She shouldn't be banned from speaking or making YouTube videos but she should be very well told to tone down the rhetoric.  

Sometimes she sounds like Pooja whatsherface from Big Boss ,the one who thinks Shatrughan Sinha  performs black magic on her .  Similar vibes. 

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Who decides what is hate speech though ? Its the most abstract thing I feel - would it ever stick in a court? If we have properly defined laws for this, it would still make sense. But more often than not, we see hate speech laws being used by those in power to throttle the voice of the weaker sections.

The person being called out is the best way to shame them I feel. It can lead to repercussions on their social life or professional life - losing their job, respect of their family and friends. 

Inciting violence is definitely hate speech. That's very clearly demarcated by law. 

bollyqueen0 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Oh my my my, freedom of speech is not free to say any type of hateful thought that comes to mind. Freedom of speech has SEVERAL limitations by law. For example, slander. You cannot just go around saying false things about someone and damaging their reputation. That is legal ground to get sued.

As for this lady's case, here are some of the grounds on why she's probably getting dragged to court in India:

1. Section 153A - "promoting enmity between different groups on grounds of religion, race, place of birth, etc" (spoken words count)
  2. Section 295A - "deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class" (spoken words counts)
  3. Section 298 - "uttering any word  with the deliberate intention of wounding the religious feelings of any person."

Thank you,

Goodbye

Nirma, Washing Powder Nirma GIF | Gfycat

.Shiva. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4

Ok she is getting her dose for whatever she said but what about those Bollywood who wears mask of innocent but is a psycho sick criminals who is involved with underworld. People with money will always get away but people who speaks up against violence and drugs addicts will be drag to court 🤣 koi Nahi 

Ps I think I had seen her talking about ssr case and support ssr which I liked that moment after that I have no idea what she is cooking. There is another person ved triwadi or something his memo is hilarious 😂 

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Let me get this straight (and correct me if I'm wrong, please). She made derogatory comments, not incitement to violence, and she is being hauled to court? People are applauding this?😲

Free speech is free speech, however despicable it might be.

You can't distort facts in the name of free speech.

Opinion: SRK is disgusting

Distorting a fact : SRK murdered some one...

No one can be put in jail for having an opinion.....but yes if someone distorts facts...they can have their ass sued.....This disgusting woman has been doing that for a particular community....and you know there are numbnuts everywhere ...who take the shit she spouts very seriously.......kind of what Trump did for Asians....saying over and over....Chinese virus...or Asians are resoponsible for covid....this is not free speech....he distorted facts and see what is happening with Asians in USA.

CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Veni-Vidi-Vici

I am really confused after reading the opinions here... Freedom of speech does include telling things that might sound bigoted... But then it hurts people... Hurt sentiments is a big thing in India... Asking her to stop also validates asking comedians to stop mocking religions... How are to we know who is speaking from what intent... 

Complicated stuff that I don't understand... Leaving it to legal experts and sociologists to figure it out

Simple: There is a difference between a comedian/commentator/critic making a generalized occasional comment about a particular piece of work/action/person be it factual or based on opinion AND targeted constant harassment peppered with hate/lies/accusations for one individual/entity about them personally or about a perceived harm they caused (without proof).  A BIG difference.

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: .Shiva.

Ok she is getting her dose for whatever she said but what about those Bollywood who wears mask of innocent but is a psycho sick criminals who is involved with underworld. People with money will always get away but people who speaks up against violence and drugs addicts will be drag to court 🤣 koi Nahi 

Ps I think I had seen her talking about ssr case and support ssr which I liked that moment after that I have no idea what she is cooking. There is another person ved triwadi or something his memo is hilarious 😂 

No waste of court time , money n all on those sick , psycho criminals .

Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

You can't distort facts in the name of free speech.

Opinion: SRK is disgusting

Distorting a fact : SRK murdered some one...

No one can be put in jail for having an opinion.....but yes if someone distorts facts...they can have their ass sued.....This disgusting woman has been doing that for a particular community....and you know there are numbnuts everywhere ...who take the shit she spouts very seriously.......kind of what Trump did for Asians....saying over and over....Chinese virus...or Asians are resoponsible for covid....this is not free speech....he distorted facts and see what is happening with Asians in USA.

Can sue pseudos who target particular community , India in name of freedom of speech n cyber bullies asses also n criminals in bolly with uw can be punished.

in international court China can be sued for world genocide ....

Edited by Nonpareil - 3 years ago