Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Noam Chomsky defended holocaust denier having free speech and signed that letter against cancel culture along with TERF Rowling so cannot really take his opinion seriouslyπŸ˜’.

Edited by Daechwita - 3 years ago
CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Just a probe huh? I can tell these probing panels with my eyes closed and using one finger to type that this woman has a few screws missing and has been bleating out for attention for a while now, she needs humane intervention.

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Daechwita

Noam Chomsky defended holocaust denier having free speech and signed that letter against cancel culture along with TERF Rowling so cannot really take his opinion seriouslyπŸ˜’.

The shooter didn't target Asian women. He targeted massage parlors. 2 of his victims were not Asian. If media cannot differentiate between Asian women and sex workers, then the bigotry belongs to the media. Even the justice department is not charging it as a race/hate crime AFAIK.

Re: Noam Chomsky not being taken seriously. Right. I'd say it says more about the peeps who likely haven't read any of his works than about him. His place in cultural history is set.

Are you going to claim the same for the U.N. charter, George Washington, Salman Rushdie, Bernard Shaw, et al?

Also, only the people with the *approved* opinions should have right to free speech?

That most definitely is censorship. 

Re: tech companies. You might be interested to know that phone companies are considered common carriers and therefore prevented from discriminating. 

Tech companies thus far got away, but they also claim they ARE only a platform and cannot be held responsible for other people's speech. Hence, cannot be sued.

So which is it? They have the right to censor but not the responsibility? One comes with the other. I hope their shield goes away, or they get declared a common carrier like the phone companies.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact regular people (I assume) are advocating tyranny by oligarchs. As someone once said, supporting the alligators in the hope that they will eat you last.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 3 years ago
Haegeum thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

The shooter didn't target Asian women. He targeted massage parlors. 2 of his victims were not Asian. If media cannot differentiate between Asian women and sex workers, then the bigotry belongs to the media. Even the justice department is not charging it as a race/hate crime AFAIK.

Re: Noam Chomsky not being taken seriously. Right. I'd say it says more about the peeps who likely haven't read any of his works than about him. His place in cultural history is set.

Are you going to claim the same for the U.N. charter, George Washington, Salman Rushdie, Bernard Shaw, et al?

Also, only the people with the *approved* opinions should have right to free speech?

That most definitely is censorship. 

Re: tech companies. You might be interested to know that phone companies are considered common carriers and therefore prevented from discriminating. 

Tech companies thus far got away, but they also claim they ARE only a platform and cannot be held responsible for other people's speech. Hence, cannot be sued.

So which is it? They have the right to censor but not the responsibility? One comes with the other. I hope their shield goes away, or they get declared a common carrier like the phone companies.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact regular people (I assume) are advocating tyranny

by oligarchs. As someone once said, supporting the alligators in the hope that they will eat you last.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/03/22/illegal-massage-business-asian-women/
Massage parlours are run by Asians in America so you denying that race was a factor means nothing. Most of his victims are Asian .

Also American system is very flawed .

@bold That’s according to You . 

Tech companies not being sued also for others’ speech very much falls in line with private sector not being regulated by government ( so tech companies deciding on their own to ban anyone are very much exercising their rights as private entity).
De-platforming bigots / holding public figures accountable over opinion(aka cancel culture) is not tyranny or censorship. 

I am going to sleep now 😴.

Edited by Daechwita - 3 years ago
CriticusExpert thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

hear hear, Legal eagles and rights advocates on here.

Lets put it in layman's terms. I second freedom of expression over censorship 100%, but the government also has a duty to protect the innocent and to keep those with mental health issues from harming other citizens, even against their will or even if you have to refuse them their freedom temporarily or permanently, sometimes those duties run into each other and it is hard to mark a line between freedom and clear abuse that leads to harm either to the self or to others that individual may harm in a delirium. At that point the government has to be sure footed and judge person/citizen well being vs liberties and rights of freedom of a stalker, serial rapist, abuser, killer, terrorist etc...  Furthermore sane criminals loose their freedom by choice the minute they opt to commit a crime,  if insane they have no option, the government acts on their behalf. Law is clear on that point. 

If a person is constantly stalking another person/persons/entity to the point that they complain or that the public at large notices like in her case, where some people do not even know who the heck she is because her "work" is minimal yet they know she is ragging abnormally against a celeb/person/entity, I think then her cause or her instigation is clearly bigger than her personality or individualism and is crossing a line out of control, issuing her an order to cease and desist is very fair and does not infringe on her freedom of expression rights.

It is fair for anyone she targets to petition the authorities to make her stop.

If it was me I would do so and furthermore I would try to slap her as. with a restraining order, and I would file a motion making the police, the authorities and even the PM himself responsible for my safety, so that if even the wind ruffled my hair they are responsible...because I told you so and asked for your help  (its kind of like pulling a sugar daddy-political Y security deal but one all citizens should be privileged to have regardless of station/gender/finances/religion...).

This woman and all stalkers, motor mouths and nutties should have all the rights in the world; basic and otherwise, BUT all your rights stop were mine start and EVERYONE is entitled to that policy-security. Everyone You, Me the psychos...

e v e r y one.

So I say let her talk and type out on her computer till she tires or moves on to some other activity, but if they have a complaint against her, then they have to act, they HAVE to or they along with her trample over other people's rights.  

Solution in my opinion: assign and send a "social worker" to talk to her and her family if she has not alienated the heck out of them, offer assistance, let's call it a "wellness check" . An SW ho will Issue the lady a fair and firm warning to stop verbal and written. Tell her to pick on the weather or the tides but leave people who do not want to be harassed by her alone...and here's my card call me if you need help..I WILL be looking out for you...πŸ€“

Veni-Vidi-Vici thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

I am really confused after reading the opinions here... Freedom of speech does include telling things that might sound bigoted... But then it hurts people... Hurt sentiments is a big thing in India... Asking her to stop also validates asking comedians to stop mocking religions... How are to we know who is speaking from what intent... 

Complicated stuff that I don't understand... Leaving it to legal experts and sociologists to figure it out

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Hate her, but this is really stupid. 

More than tolerance, people's abilities to IGNORE IDIOTS has taken a hit this last decade. Its very obvious that she is saying what she is saying to get attention and such people used to be ignored earlier. Now everyone has an opinion on everything, as frivolous as it may be. 

Just don't follow her posts and ignore her. If you think a show is showing questionable content which is against your beliefs, dont watch it. Just ignore. 

Filing a case against here is doing exactly what she wanted you to do in the first place - what better way to get sympathy and attention that this

And mind you, I am talking about ignoring idiots. No one is going to act upon her hate speech because she is too insignificant. If someone of stature and good social following says something objectional and filled with hatred, then they should be called out. Called out, not persecuted 

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 3 years ago
Ktptalks thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

About time....well done....never knew who this lady until SSR death...she used his death to take out of her own unsuccessful career in bollywood....sad soul....

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Hate her, but this is really stupid. 

More than tolerance, people's abilities to IGNORE IDIOTS has taken a hit this last decade. Its very obvious that she is saying what she is saying to get attention and such people used to be ignored earlier. Now everyone has an opinion on everything, as frivolous as it may be. 

Just don't follow her posts and ignore her. If you think a show is showing questionable content which is against your beliefs, dont watch it. Just ignore. 

Filing a case against here is doing exactly what she wanted you to do in the first place - what better way to get sympathy and attention that this

And mind you, I am talking about ignoring idiots. No one is going to act upon her hate speech because she is too insignificant. If someone of stature and good social following says something objectional and filled with hatred, then they should be called out. Called out, not persecuted 

No they should be persecuted. Hate speech is a crime. 

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Mahisa22

No they should be persecuted. Hate speech is a crime. 

Who decides what is hate speech though ? Its the most abstract thing I feel - would it ever stick in a court? If we have properly defined laws for this, it would still make sense. But more often than not, we see hate speech laws being used by those in power to throttle the voice of the weaker sections.

The person being called out is the best way to shame them I feel. It can lead to repercussions on their social life or professional life - losing their job, respect of their family and friends. 

Edited by CrimeMasterToto - 3 years ago