Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani

Shakhi // GOODNIGHT MOON //

Tallulah thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

CHAPTER 1

The arena was thundering with claps and shouts. The crowd was filled with beaming faces and everybody was in a completely different vibe.  The aura emanating from everyone was enough to make flowers bloom. The crowd was going wild with laughter and everything seemed just right. Excitement was pulsating through the air as if electricity and the hype was on an all-time high.

The backstage was no less. Everyone looked upon the center of the stage where Bebo and Kitty were performing their dance number with elegance and grace with a tint of modernity as they swayed to the music in perfectly synchronized steps.

Anokhi was beaming from the backstage at the success rate of the college fest she had worked so hard upon. She wasn’t particularly fond of the sisters but she couldn’t deny that when it came to events such as this, they could really add magic to it. Nobody could deny that while the sisters aren’t the best in academics, they are the best in everything else.

Anokhi’s eyes went over to the roaring crowd and her eyes onto the front row where the ever-so prestigious Sabherwal family was spectating upon their daughters having the time of their lives on the stage.

Her eyes fell over each of them. Everybody was watching them with a proud smile on their faces but one face stood out the most. Alok Sabherwal couldn’t help but jump in his seat while continuously clapping along to the beat of the song as he had the widest grin and the proudest glint in his eyes as he cheered for his daughters. He even whistled once before Devi asked him to maintain some decorum. Alok brushed her off as he continued to buzz with pride for his daughters.

He looked almost comical and anybody would laugh seeing him like that but as Anokhi watched him, her eyes couldn’t help but fill with tears. She watched him and got reminded of all the times she wished her father would’ve been happy for her. All the times she wished for him to acknowledge her with pride. All the times she wanted him to be proud. All the times she wished that he would come watch from the audience as she was awarded for numerous competitions on the stage. All the times she wished to see that proud glint and beaming face in the crowd directed to her. Proud of her. Happy for her.

A sudden sadness took over her as Alok shot up from his seat for a standing ovation when the performance ended. A teardrop slipped past her eyelids as she turned to run towards her dressing room. Bebo and Kitty’s performance was the last event before the award ceremony after which the fest ended. She went inside the room and shut herself in before taking in big deep breaths. She tried to calm her racing heart from the overwhelming emotions that seemingly came out of nowhere.

“Now please welcome the person because of whom all of this was possible. The ever bright, ever outstanding, our fest organizer, Ms. Anokhi Bhalla!” The announcer called out her name as she quickly wiped away the few tears that managed to escape before running up to the stage where Shaurya Sabherwal was holding out a certificate of appreciation for her with a huge smile on his face.

He was elated with how the fest turned out. It was the best one they’ve had yet. He was surrounded by compliments the entire duration of the week the fest. He couldn’t feel prouder of his college and his students. They managed to bag numerous awards in the organized competitions and managed to keep SIAC’s reputation as one of the most prestigious and leading colleges in the country in all academic and cultural events put together.

Anokhi came onto the stage with a straight face but troubled eyes which Shaurya took note of immediately. He knew he had gotten closer to Anokhi in the duration of the fest and had quite some inexplicable moments with her. Especially on Holi. Holi was a weird time for the both of them. It was confusing for the most part. They had an air of discomfort with each other after Holi but he still felt some sort of unexplained calm around her. His mixed feelings for her were driving him crazy but he felt a strange excitement coursing through him. Endearing nonetheless.

So he instantly knew something was wrong when he saw her downcast eyes and her solemn face as he handed her the certificate. She forced a smile on her face which was very evident to Shaurya as the picture was clicked. He noticed her unnaturally hurried steps to the backstage as if she was afraid of something onstage.

Was it him? Was she feeling so uncomfortable around him?

He wanted to go check on her. He could sense something was troubling her. He knew she was usually always happy. She had her moments of angst but this was different. It seemed like more than just a bad feeling.

But he couldn’t. He had responsibilities to tend to, people to entertain, stuff to get done; which honestly was the last thing he wanted todo as her sad eyes haunted his mind.

Anokhi had almost burst crying on stage. She has never had stage fright. Maybe it was the spotlight, the loud cheering, the echoing sound of her steps on the hardwood floor or the sinking feeling she was feeling thinking about her father. She knew Shaurya noticed something was wrong. He tended to do that a lot recently; pick on the smallest things she was feeling. She saw it in the way his genuine smile dropped on seeing her face and his eyebrows came together as his forehead crinkled.

She rushed to a corner of the backstage to calm herself down. She quickly composed herself and went to check on the dinner that was being served right now. 

Shaurya saw her from a distance while he was talking to the director of another college. She had a huge smile on her face which he immediately knew was fake. The smile didn’t quite reach her eyes and neither did the corner of her eyes crinkle. He wondered what it was that was bothering her to such extent.  As far as he knew, she had had a wonderful day. The fest went better than she planned. She should be absolutely ecstatic right now.

CONTINUED BELOW

Edited by Tallulah - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tallulah thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The Sabherwal’s had finally settled down to eat. Almost everyone was gone now. Only the Sabherwal family and the organizers winding up the fest remained.

Anokhi herself served herself a plate and a faint smile came onto her face when she came to the dessert section. Mishti Doi has always been her favorite. And her father’s. She hasn’t had it ever since she left her home. It was the one thing both her and her father shared. Something only their’s. She remembers when Papaji brought back Mishti Doi from his way home and was very excited to introduce this dessert to his family but nobody liked it besides her.  Papaji had got defensive over the dessert and pulled her into his lap while feeding her the sweet.

“Sirf yeh hi meri betihai. Chal Nikki apan toh khate hai. Unke ghaate se hume kya?”

That was one of the only memories she had of feeling any sort of love from her father. The only time he pulled her onto his lap and fed her with his own hands proud to call her his daughter. It was a non-significant thing to be proud of, really. But Ramesh had been so happy that at least someone in the house liked the dessert he loved.

Anokhi faintly smiled at the memory and went back to her table without serving herself any dessert. She didn’t want to eat it without him.

Shaurya had discreetly watched the whole thing from where he seated. He didn’t understand why she was getting so emotional over Mishti Doi. He didn’t personally have much of a taste for it.

His attention reverted back to his family when he heard some whining. Anokhi’s attention did too. They watched as Bebo whined about not wanting to eat any dessert. Alok was persistent.

“Beta, ek baar khaakar toh dekh. Main bata raha hu bohaut accha lagega. Le ek chammach. Muh khol.” Bebo reluctantly opened her mouth and Alok fed her the Mishti Doi. Her eyes lit up from the taste and a smile broke out on her face. Alok started laughing as Bebo took her father’s bowl of Mishti Doi from his plate and devoured it under a minute. Alok ran a hand affectionately over Bebo’s hair while Bebo smiled at him.

The whole scene was witnessed by Anokhi and she couldn’t stop the tears anymore. She knew she had no right to feel jealous of them but she couldn’t help it. She wanted to relive that memory of Papaji feeding her Mishti Doi. Watching someone else living it in front of her eyes angered her and upset her at the same time. She wanted that memory to be only hers. Hers and her Papaji’s.

She quickly got up from her seat and ran in the direction of the hostel, abandoning her almost full plate of food.

Shaurya watched as she stormed away with tears streaming down her eyes. Her tears had always scared him. It always managed to shake him to the core when he saw her crying. He knew she was one of the strongest people he knew and watching her cry, thinking about what could’ve upset her to this extent, made him extremely concerned. He had seen her cry before, after she was ragged, during the riots, when she was accused of cheating…when he called her a gold digger. All were pretty extreme reasons to cry, so it made him really worried about her, about what could’ve happened.

He abruptly got up from his seat and the whole table quieted down and stared at him.

“Aap log khana khatam karke chaliye. Mujhe kuch kaam hai cabin me. Main thodi der me aata hu. Mere paas meri gadi hai, I’ll just drive myself. Makhan aap logo ke saath chale jaayega.” He stuttered his way through the explanation his eyes not meeting anyone’s as they frantically searched for any sight of Anokhi.

“Beta tum dessert toh lelo.” His eyes snapped towards Devi’s.

“Haan…Main cabin me khaa loonga. It’s very urgent.” He rushed from the table and went towards the dessert section of the buffet. He picked up one of the small matka in which the Mishit Doi was served along witha spoon and rushed out towards the hostel.

“Shaurya kab se Mishti Doi khaane lag gaya?” Devi wondered.

Shivikafan2 thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Loved it🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Eagerly waiting for the next part🥰🥰🥰

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

So he cares waiting to see if she does tell him...very important to have atleast one person in your corner

Fahmiii93 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Omggg I wanna know what happens next!!!! 

anamika365 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Very interesting!! Keep going! 

Akanksha29100 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

Heartbreakingly Beautiful 💔

I am teared up as I write this but this was absolutely gorgeous! My heart goes out for Nikki when it comes to her family and what she went through. Just thinking about her strained relationship with her father, it creates a void in my heart and I often feel a different kind of pain surfacing the pit of my stomach.

Imagining a tiny possibility of my father being anything like Ramesh sacres me to no end. Because no matter how much Papa and I argue, no matter how much we disagree but he really is the ray of light in my life. 

They say Daughters are precious to their fathers. 

They don't lie.

Because amidst dealing the pain of life I have seen my father trying to look for my happiness, even for a tiny reason that can cause me smile. His eyes lighting up like anything as I acknowledge and appreciate!

I hope Nikki's relationship with her father gets better but then I also wonder even if Ramesh comes around  will she ever be able forget everything and accept the hapiness, accept her father, accept a relationship that she has craved for..all her life?!

Won't it remind her of all the unfair she went through and all the pain she was subjected to?!

Maybe She will witness the good in him  but will Ramesh ever be able to deserve good from her daughter ?!

Anyways, coming to your writing. It was gripping. I was hooked. The flow of emotions worked for me.❤️

Love🤗

Akanksha 

RainOfDew thumbnail

Awesome parts

Anokhi miss her father so much😒But he never supported her

Shaurya understood something is bothering her.. hope she shair her pain wid him

Cont soon

anjali9996 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Awesome update