Such perfect casting! Esp Shiva

Felicie thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

I started watching the show after the leap as I wasn't interested in the story before it. I'd only seen bits and pieces of the kids. Now that I'm completely hooked atm, I got curious about the initial episodes and started watching from the beginning since the wedding drama will stretch out for atleast a week and I must say, MINDBLOWN by the immaculate casting. I never thought I'd ever see this level of accuracy on ITV. All the three child actors match their older counter parts in looks and characteristics and Shiva tho kya hi bolu mn πŸ‘

When I started watching the old epis I felt as though I were watching flashbacks of the older Shiva, and that's saying something when you've only seen the leap epis... usually the childhood episodes don't remind you of the older character. 

I don't know who deserves more praise, Kanwar or the child artist who played Shiva - donon kamaal ke actors hai boss. I did not know Shiva was always like this, watching these preleap epis makes his older personality so much more understandable to the extent that I have a hard time reminding myself this is a fictional character.

The other two children were also pretty good. Dev's responsible older brother trait and Krish's adorable innocence comes across very well. I must say these kids are talented. Their brotherly dynamic is endearing to watch.❣

They've let the three boys grow up so organically that you can connect with the chotu and current versions SO well. In Shiva's case, watching the kiddo I actually feel like he grew up into the skin of his older version, it's that convincingly portrayed. Shiva feels more like an actual person than a character to me now. Kudos to these brilliant actors and whoever's in charge of casting. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Foxii thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2

Same here.

I saw bits of Raavi and Shiva and started watching Pandya Store.. then I went ahead and watched all the previous Episodes.

Shiva as a Child and Grown Up - both are amazing.

RainbowBlisss thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I agree the casting is perfect especially for Shiva and Raavi I’m also really interested in the show now and can’t wait for the future episodes especially when Shivi get married.

SathyaT thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

To be honest, whole casting is brilliant, there is no one we can miscast in this show.. that's the biggest plus point...

Totally agreed on the leap.. I watched from the starting and it was so amazing when they showed grown up, it's like all the actually grown up πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I liked all the three equally, why Shiva is popular is his characterization is raw and something people adore more in the fictional ❀️❀️❀️ whereas Dev and Krish are subtle yet brilliant too ❀️❀️ 

It would be great to see their journeys as a family and as a individuals πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Mountains_Lakes thumbnail
Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It is indeed. I actually thought to pick this show up as a distraction from personal life. Mindless Indian show that had recently started at the time. When the leap occured, it was something I hadn't expected and was honestly disappointed because I loved all three children, especially Shiva. And I thought to give it a week more because I thought there's be disconnect between the child version and adult for as you said, it rarely ever happens in ITV. I kept looking for chances where I could find the fault, but was glad to be proved wrong.

And for this I say kudos to both actors, writers, and directors for working together to make both versions of Shiva so convincible and consistent. The way Kanwar portrays every mannerism to the T is worth lauding. Be it him being triggered at sight of Mami/Kangans, that itch to play prank/hurt her and uncaring for what others think, to his reaction of when he goes sits on that tree when he's upset. The expressions and body language match to the T. His anger and rash behavior isn't shown overnight for it to be TRP magnet. He had been like that from day one. The protective younger brother of sorts. When Mami/Anita tried to flew the kite announcing Anita and Gombhi's wedding date. He wasn't happy at the time either. And it again translated well again in the older version when Dev seemed to be walking on the same path. Like you said, it's just not Shiva, I am starting to see that in Dev too. The way he smiles and nods at things is similar to how the child actor did.  Similar with Krish, the gullible one who really can't keep his mouth shut in the heat of the moment. That urge to spill the truth is still shown in his eyes when pressured.

And all other actors are well casted as well.

Namita-M thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I watched some episodes pre-leap and wasn’t invested. I love Kinshuk and was amazed at his performance. Nothing new there πŸ˜Š

I also went back and watched from the beginning. Phenomenal actors every single one of them. Perfect casting. The child actors to adults, absolutely phenomenal. 

I hope the show grows more in popularity and garners more viewership. 

Felicie thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SathyaT

To be honest, whole casting is brilliant, there is no one we can miscast in this show.. that's the biggest plus point...

Totally agreed on the leap.. I watched from the starting and it was so amazing when they showed grown up, it's like all the actually grown up πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I liked all the three equally, why Shiva is popular is his characterization is raw and something people adore more in the fictional ❀️❀️❀️ whereas Dev and Krish are subtle yet brilliant too ❀️❀️ 

It would be great to see their journeys as a family and as a individuals πŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Oh I agree that the entire cast is perfect felt so since the very first epi I watched, I singled out the leap and the boys since I hadn't watched it before and was pleasantly surprised. 

You're right that Shiva is popular because his character is more fictional than real, hence draws in the audience. I wasn't impressed because of this though, what floored me was the flawless transition from child to adult version - every emotion, action, trigger, expression, body language - all of it is the EXACT same and that's some stellar performance. That's why Shiva stood out to me in this aspect even though the others have also done a neat job with the transition. 

The three characters are well balanced, their personalities and quirks play off of each other and makes their equation very entertaining and palatable. πŸ‘πŸΌ

SathyaT thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Felicie

Oh I agree that the entire cast is perfect felt so since the very first epi I watched, I singled out the leap and the boys since I hadn't watched it before and was pleasantly surprised. 

You're right that Shiva is popular because his character is more fictional than real, hence draws in the audience. I wasn't impressed because of this though, what floored me was the flawless transition from child to adult version - every emotion, action, trigger, expression, body language - all of it is the EXACT same and that's some stellar performance. That's why Shiva stood out to me in this aspect even though the others have also done a neat job with the transition. 

The three characters are well balanced, their personalities and quirks play off of each other and makes their equation very entertaining and palatable. πŸ‘πŸΌ

I understood your point 😊😊 to me start from the characterisation to performance as kids to transition and then the grown-ups performance were intact and beautiful for all the three as matching their character traits within the scope each got to perform ❀️❀️❀️