The Characterization Of Bondita

Indira12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Bondita's character had not been discussed as much as Anirudh's character was. I posted in the EDT what I feel regarding Bondita so thought of amalgamating it in a single post and put it up in the main forum. 

Bon is facing a situatuion which is, ironically, quite similar to Mini. Which consequently led us to term Bon as Saudamini 2.0. If Bon is being jealous and putting up obstacles for Manorama in her way to become a patni or a bahu, how is being Bon different?

The first and foremost fact that sets apart Bon and Mini is- the goodness in Mini was outstriped by hatred which eventually led her to harm and defame people, even the ones she apparently loved. Bon's goodness is never going to get dim because she has no hatred for Manorama. She never hated Manorama and she isn't hating her now too and that is clearly visible in her actions. All she hates is the fact that Mano is getting to share the position of Ani's wife and RC bahu which has been solely enjoyed by her till now. She behaves like the elder child of the house who is unable to accept the arrival of the younger child because all the attention, love and care that the elder child enjoys suddenly gets divided which leads to the obvious 'jealous-like' behaviour of the elder one.

The actions of Mini and Bon are poles apart. Mini hid things from Ani and did all those activities by putting up a 'sacrificial' and goodly mask. Whatever Bon does is in front of Ani. In today's episode Bon confesses in front of Ani and Mano that she was the one who had put those flowers in the bed; Mini would have never done that.

Mini's jealousy went to such an extent that she ended up harming Bon. Bon will never try to harm Manorama. I guess that will be cleared in tomorrow's episode. The impurity in the camphor was possibly mixed by Sampoorna and Ani would believe it to be Bon in order to ultimately realize in the end that Bon can never harm anyone. (just a guess) 

Mini tried defaming the RCs through Bon during the bed-wetting track, Bon won't do it ever. Mini destroyed the barrister certificate of Anirudh, a thing which Ani prided upon. If Mini really loved Ani and RCs and considered them family, she would have never defamed them or tried harming them in the process of getting back her love. Bon would do every other thing to prevent Mano from becoming a wife and an ideal bahu, but not at the cost of harming/defaming her loved ones.

That does not mean I am saying Bon's actions are not wrong. Bon is definitely wrong but not in a way Saudamini was, but in a way just as how an elder child does wrong due to insecurity. Her actions are not justified, but there is a reason for her behaviour. She needs someone who shows her the right and the wrong, and unfortunately there is no one as such in RC mansion.

Also, the makers are not projecting those actions as wrong. They are giving the childish behaviour the reason of Bon's actions

But all said and done, these actions do not make sense in the FIRST PLACE only because after witnessing such an incidence in front of the eyes which has the capability to make one unconscious, one cannot behave normally and childish the next day.

Bon has always questioned against the stereotypical norms of the society? Why is she then suddenly paying heed to them and getting manipulated?

When Sampoorna tried to mislead her and spoke ill of her relationship with Ani during the SR track, Bon was quick to cross-question her. "Aap kuch bhi galat maat kaho mere patibabu ke baare mei. Ek kaamre mei rehne se thodi na sabit hota hai ke hum pati-patni hai? Hum ek doosre ki chinta karte hai, ek doosre ka khayal rakhte hai, wo kaafi nahi hai ek pati-patni hone ke liye?" Such was the faith in her relationship that she never allowed anyone to interfere in it or dictate it. Why is she allowing the society to dictate now? Because insecurity started creeping in her when Ani failed to provide her a strong assurance. 

Bon was the one who questioned Kaka about the tantrik that came during her bed-wetting track. She even questioned Brijwasi, but then started believing him because it was the only way for her to save her sister. Similarly, she does not question about 'chamaatkari sindoor' because it was to save her relationship with Ani. Her sister managed to instill so much fear in her mind that she went against her own conscience in order to save her from dying. Wasn't Ani the same? Didn't he manage to provide that much insecurity and fear in her mind regarding the relationship she values the most by calling it null and void several times and too publicly? The same Bon who taunted Mini for adapting a new-look did the exact thing. Why? Insecurity, again. Her mind cannot think straight when it comes to people she loves the most and here it was Ani, her sansaar. All along Ani had called her patni and when he did not suddenly, she was unable to understand the reason. She thought she was losing out on her relationship which means the world to her. Even when her constant pleads could not make Ani accept it, she started approaching Kaka and society for solutions. 

I am not blaming Ani or saying he should have accepted the marriage, but he failed to give her an assurance which led Bon to this. He should have known that how much he means to Bon, how their relationship is the topmost priority for her and him calling it a "swang"  without giving her a proper assurance will have the obvious consequence of Bon choosing the wrong paths. But then, how is he going to explain something to Bon when he himself does not have a clarity about it?

Bon has always been like this- choosing the people she loves OVER her own sense of right and wrong. She always had this idea that her Patibabu and Maa can never wrong her. This belief of hers needs to be changed through this track. That even the people she considers as her universe can wrong her. Her morals, conscience and practicality should not be negotiated at any cost, even if her sansaar is involved.

However I agree that there has been some non-relatability in her character too- the inconsistency. Ani indirectly called her bojh during the marriage relevation, broke the coco-phone, said that she has only caused pain and trouble to him today, yet Bon still talks to him. I loved how she called Ani Barrister Babu and even decided to leave the house. But the very next day she forgets that. If she decided to leave Ani and the house, why does she again, the very next day, wants to be Ani's patni and the bahu of RCs? No, the teen factor can't be adjusted here because no teen would behave normally with a person who has constantly insulted her and termed her a mere trouble. Teens are vulnerable and someone who has been made to feel unwanted won't talk to that person for days. I am not saying that Bon should immediately leave the house out of self-respect, that isn't possible given her age. But she could have said to Ani that she won't accept either of his choices and could have behaved indifferently with him, just like she did when she gave her watch to Manorama. 

Bon can't really be the previous old Bon. There was a maturity that came to her after this whole year-long journey which was clearly visible in the Sampoorna track, Munshi track, etc. That maturity somehow got dwindled now. Sometimes makers are showing her as a 13 year old, sometimes as the previous 8 year old Bon who was not attached to Anirudh that much and is not affected with his behaviour (only does mooh-fulana temporarily) which is really NOT the case. This time it is different - given the growth in her character  and the fact that she is now very much attached to Anirudh (much more than before). Therefore, Ani's behaviour should make a long-lasting effect on her, but it isn't the case which I feel is a major reason that puts the viewers off. The marriage was going on in front of her eyes- a situation traumatic enough to scar her mentally. The reaction was there for that day, but the next day it is gone. Makers are faltering in her character too and what could be a significant change in her attitude ends up being completely normal. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

I am just hoping Bon stops her antics and thinks about her life seriously, after being scolded and blamed for the camphor accident which obviously Shampoo Sasumaa is responsible for.

Indira12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: NiharikaMishra

I am just hoping Bon stops her antics and thinks about her life seriously, after being scolded and blamed for the camphor accident which obviously Shampoo Sasumaa is responsible for.

She hasn't stopped yetπŸ˜”

Thought the marriage will be enough for her to get out of this, but makers

Bon, at first did not understand the importance of education, but gradually learned it (during the menstruation track where she says she wants to be be educated enough to eliminate the misconceptions in the society). 

But she is again back to not valuing it. Want Bon to study of her own free will and not due to Ani's imposition. 

NiharikaMishra thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indira12

She hasn't stopped yetπŸ˜”

Thought the marriage will be enough for her to get out of this, but makers

Bon, at first did not understand the importance of education, but gradually learned it (during the menstruation track where she says she wants to be be educated enough to eliminate the misconceptions in the society). 

But she is again back to not valuing it. Want Bon to study of her own free will and not due to Ani's imposition. 

For me I respect Ani's intentions but he is dementing himself too much. It would have been better if he would have run away. 

She has reduced herself to value the Roy Choudhury bahu stature more than Aniruddh himself. 

I was hoping Manorama would be educated and Bon would study out of jealousy but turns out she is illiterate (her parents are obviously not a fan of educating girls). Now there was plenty of scope for Bon to understand importance of education and continue it, but she is pushing it as a leverage to show her superiority as a better bahu which is plain ridiculous.

This track is not going anywhere with Ani constantly thinking of ways to emotionally blackmail Bon and Bon is conspiring like a vamp against Manorama.

I hope the cvs kick in some of Manorama's freedom fighting plans, or her torturing Shampoo Maa some more, just to change the air and help us feel better. I cannot tell you how good I felt after seeing the Mannu-Shampoo conflict just for sake of some positivity πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Katy4566 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

For me I respect Ani's intentions but he is dementing himself too much. It would have been better if he would have run away. 

She has reduced herself to value the Roy Choudhury bahu stature more than Aniruddh himself. 

I was hoping Manorama would be educated and Bon would study out of jealousy but turns out she is illiterate (her parents are obviously not a fan of educating girls). Now there was plenty of scope for Bon to understand importance of education and continue it, but she is pushing it as a leverage to show her superiority as a better bahu which is plain ridiculous.

This track is not going anywhere with Ani constantly thinking of ways to emotionally blackmail Bon and Bon is conspiring like a vamp against Manorama.

I hope the cvs kick in some of Manorama's freedom fighting plans, or her torturing Shampoo Maa some more, just to change the air and help us feel better. I cannot tell you how good I felt after seeing the Mannu-Shampoo conflict just for sake of some positivity πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Bon did not know as manorama is illiterate she only told this to Anirudh and bon ka chacravyer aisa nahi hai that she makes fun of illiterateracy 

If she becomes normal then it means she is okay with her husband second marriage where others are okay with ani sharing room with Mano ,being a newly wed couple and people outside taunting bon fate 

Her actions are childish but look at irony of her age she is given sautan and polygamy at an age wheee she does not know anything 

I want makers to show fight polygamy 

NiharikaMishra thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katy4566

Bon did not know as manorama is illiterate she only told this to Anirudh and bon ka chacravyer aisa nahi hai that she makes fun of illiterateracy 

If she becomes normal then it means she is okay with her husband second marriage where others are okay with ani sharing room with Mano ,being a newly wed couple and people outside taunting bon fate 

Her actions are childish but look at irony of her age she is given sautan and polygamy at an age wheee she does not know anything 

I want makers to show fight polygamy 

I refer to the scene that she uses all the reasons when Manorama fails to chant Durga stotram, specifying anyone not able to that is not a good bahu.

Edited by NiharikaMishra - 3 years ago
Katy4566 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

I refer to the scene that she uses all the reasons when Manorama fails to chant Durga stotram, specifying anyone not able to that is not a good bahu.

Ohhh I did not watch episode but is clearly shown her makers are spooling her character thinking to justify second amrriage but they forgot bon should be shown at a young age against poglyamg like she was shown in episode when suamti came to visit and also in Hira mandi to fight against that polygamy can’t be accepted as normal 

She does not know meaonig of sautan and people want her to accept manorama why?? Second marriage is wrong and her more anger should be directed for ani 

Indira12 thumbnail

@Pink - That would have been the best! Bon too would have understood after staying for 2-3 days without him.

@Blue - That is going to happen as per the latest promo. Not exactly through Manorama studying, but something on the lines of reverse psychology, definitely.

This whole drama of Bon constantly finding ways to trouble Manorama in order to 'consolidate' her position as a bahu is so annoying to watch. Makers have drastically scaled down her character graphπŸ˜”

@Bold - True. It is so much of a relief to see Shampoo Maa getting handled and that too exactly how she needs to be.πŸ‘πŸΌ