Shaurya Aur Anokhi Ki Kahani

When Aastha Kashyap then why Dad?

mayeshawrites thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Shaurya has issues with both his parents and from his perspective, it is rightfully so. He calls his mom  Aastha Kashyap/Aastha Saberwal/Professor Aastha Kashyap. He doesn't call her mom as she didn't fulfill any of her motherly duties. But to think of it, Shaan didn't fulfill his fatherly duties either. Aastha wasn't there, wasn't allowed to meet her son, but Shaan was. Despite being there, he didn't do anything for Shaurya so the latter can be proud of him. Then why does Shaurya call him Dad? 

By Shaurya's logic, he should call both of them by their names.

What do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EmeraldStar thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Aastha left him but Shaan stayed with him though he didnt fulfill his duties. Sharuya has affection on aastha but that baggage stopping him.

infinitie thumbnail
Most Liked (March 2021) 1 Thumbnail Most Posts (March 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 3

For Shaurya, it is important that his dad stayed. The physical presence is most important, despite the lack of emotional availability. This is also why we see that he has the most expectations from Shaan. Whether that is to ask him to take the time to get to know him in the ep after he returns from the award ceremony, wishing that he would turn his life around for him when he came into work, or wanting him to pick Shaurya over Aastha when he demanded that Shaan divorce her. We see Shaurya constantly try and get some affection from his dad because despite it all, he stayed. He does not allow himself to even want this from Aastha because she abandoned them. 

However it is because of his neglect that we see their interactions always turn into arguments. They both have some gripes with each other, despite also caring deep down. The only times they were calm was when Shaan came to check on Shaurya during the media track and asked him to eat dinner and when Aastha was missing and Shaurya comforted him. I would love to see how their relationship shapes up now that Shaurya is falling into a similar path as Shaan and it’s obvious Shaan is wary of Shaurya developing feelings for Anokhi. 

tranquilmelody thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnokhiKaShaurya

Shaurya has issues with both his parents and from his perspective, it is rightfully so. He calls his mom  Aastha Kashyap/Aastha Saberwal/Professor Aastha Kashyap. He doesn't call her mom as she didn't fulfill any of her motherly duties. But to think of it, Shaan didn't fulfill his fatherly duties either. Aastha wasn't there, wasn't allowed to meet her son, but Shaan was. Despite being there, he didn't do anything for Shaurya so the latter can be proud of him. Then why does Shaurya call him Dad? 

By Shaurya's logic, he should call both of them by their names.

What do you guys think?. 

Shaurya loves his mom the most and so his supposed hate is also more towards her which he can show only by not calling her mom, there is no other way for him to make her feel bad for walking out on him. She left when he was 4, at that age a child misses the mother most and that angst stayed with him. Boys begin to appreciate dads only when they turn >10.  Oh, I would love to see him calling her Maa.

mayeshawrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: infinitie

For Shaurya, it is important that his dad stayed. The physical presence is most important, despite the lack of emotional availability. This is also why we see that he has the most expectations from Shaan. Whether that is to ask him to take the time to get to know him in the ep after he returns from the award ceremony, wishing that he would turn his life around for him when he came into work, or wanting him to pick Shaurya over Aastha when he demanded that Shaan divorce her. We see Shaurya constantly try and get some affection from his dad because despite it all, he stayed. He does not allow himself to even want this from Aastha because she abandoned them. 

However it is because of his neglect that we see their interactions always turn into arguments. They both have some gripes with each other, despite also caring deep down. The only times they were calm was when Shaan came to check on Shaurya during the media track and asked him to eat dinner and when Aastha was missing and Shaurya comforted him. I would love to see how their relationship shapes up now that Shaurya is falling into a similar path as Shaan and it’s obvious Shaan is wary of Shaurya developing feelings for Anokhi. 

Never really thought from this perspective. Really helps a lot. Thanks for sharing. 

I would love to see all three of their relationship shaping up in a beautiful way. It is a delicate topic and CVs should handle it meaningfully. This small family has suffered through a lot and though 25 years later they deserve to reunite. 

mayeshawrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: tranquilmelody

Shaurya loves his mom the most and so his supposed hate is also more towards her which he can show only by not calling her mom, there is no other way for him to make her feel bad for walking out on him. She left when he was 4, at that age a child misses the mother most and that angst stayed with him. Boys begin to appreciate dads only when they turn >10.  Oh, I would love to see him calling her Maa.

You know I have been wondering how the scene would be since yesterday. To be honest, all of Shaurya-Shaan or Shaurya-Aastha scenes leave me teary. I won't be able to control my happiness and tears of joy when he calls her ma for the first time.

This was a question to me before too. Why isn't Shaurya calling Shaan Mr. Sabherwal. But then I realised even though Shaan didn't fulfill his duties as a dad to Shaurya when he was brought up by Tej & Devi, at least he was living under one roof with his son. 

Didn't get married again & I think didn't even meet Aastha for the past 25 yrs. Shaan was there to see his son go to school, reach new heights with education & finally becoming a board member at SIAC. So by that theory, that concern for his dad is there in Shaurya's brain but heart, I'm not sure & yes, he calls him dad

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I agree with all the above comments. Will add one more point. In his mind it is Aastha who wronged Shaan by choosing career over family and not the other way round. He sees his Dad as the victim alongside himself and Aastha as the perpetrator. His grouch with his Dad is not so much for neglecting him but for destroying his own life in the memory of the woman who left them for her own selfish reasons. All his complaints towards Shaan are related to Aastha. He is angry that Shaan still prioritizes Aastha over him. He is angry that Shaan doesn't understand him or rather his decisions which stem from Aastha's abandonment. I don't think he is angry with him for letting Devi bring him up because according to his mindset, only a woman can replace a mother and not a man. (I think Shaan also believed that and that is why handed him over to Devi)

mayeshawrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: Coffee_Chips

This was a question to me before too. Why isn't Shaurya calling Shaan Mr. Sabherwal. But then I realised even though Shaan didn't fulfill his duties as a dad to Shaurya when he was brought up by Tej & Devi, at least he was living under one roof with his son. 

Didn't get married again & I think didn't even meet Aastha for the past 25 yrs. Shaan was there to see his son go to school, reach new heights with education & finally becoming a board member at SIAC. So by that theory, that concern for his dad is there in Shaurya's brain but heart, I'm not sure & yes, he calls him dad

I think it's in his heart. I was thinking with my brain so I had this question in mind. Reading all the posts above, I think Shaurya thought by heart and decided to call him dad

mayeshawrites thumbnail

Originally posted by: Idiotboxer

I agree with all the above comments. Will add one more point. In his mind it is Aastha who wronged Shaan by choosing career over family and not the other way round. He sees his Dad as the victim alongside himself and Aastha as the perpetrator. His grouch with his Dad is not so much for neglecting him but for destroying his own life in the memory of the woman who left them for her own selfish reasons. All his complaints towards Shaan are related to Aastha. He is angry that Shaan still prioritizes Aastha over him. He is angry that Shaan doesn't understand him or rather his decisions which stem from Aastha's abandonment. I don't think he is angry with him for letting Devi bring him up because according to his mindset, only a woman can replace a mother and not a man. (I think Shaan also believed that and that is why handed him over to Devi)

Maybe this was a reason Shaan handed him over to Devi. But Devi could only fulfill the mother's responsibilities, right (according to his logic)? He should have at least tried to fulfill his duties as Shaurya's father. He was busy drinking alcohol at that time. I am not saying Shaurya didn't need a mother figure. But he needed a father figure too which Shaan didn't fulfil despite being there.

Still, if Shaurya doesn't any complaints in regards to that, it's the way his mind works.