Posted: 3 years ago

Getting solid reviews all over

Will be watching this weekend

Excited to watch this one..She is my fav in the current lot, It has been a long time since I have been a fan of someone hopefully she will make it big❤️

Just watched the film. I am blown away. This is the English Vinglish/Queen/Thappad of the YEAR. The film is outstanding. Such a great performance. Such a well made film. APPLAUSE

Originally posted by Rekha_ji

Just watched the film. I am blown away. This is the English Vinglish/Queen/Thappad of the YEAR. The film is outstanding. Such a great performance. Such a well made film. APPLAUSE

What is it abt?

Even if it wasn't about anything, it's jus shot and cut so well that it's a delight to watch. That didn't make sense, I need sleep!

But it's about a young girl who essentially doesn't know who she is. Her sense of self had not developed and she was married to a man who her family chose. After his untimely demise 5 months into the marriage, she begins to experience her "coming of age". She goes through a range of emotions and feelings, and ultimately gets a sense of who she is and what she wants.

The film explorers various themes: female empowerment, family dynamics, inter-generational attitudes, coming-of-age, female solidarity and more.

What gives the film a well-roundedness is the supporting cast all get their time to shine. Basically Sheeba Chaddha deserves a National Award. And Sanya Malhotra deserves a LOT of praise. It's going to be hard to beat this performance by her, and even the film itself. I'm so happy for her and the entire cast and crew. I hope people check the film out. It deserves the world.

Good night.

My take on 

Pagglait

The film is what I like to call a slow burn, If you like watching Dark comedy or slow films This is for you and the story is presented beautifully, and since it talks about death, the narrative can't be loud or fast-paced, especially because this death is the coming of age for the lead protagonist. Sanya Malhotra is an amazing choice for Sandhya’s role. It is again an amazing performance of hers after "Photograph". She is a solid actor who does regularly well. I loved her portrayal of Sandhya as her journey was more internal over external, to portray that You need a solid actor like her. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The film can make you laugh as well as cry at some moments.Pagglait is a rare wholesome movie, and I'll explain why as I write on. If you have fallen in love with the song "Thode se kam ajnabee" already, you'll understand during the movie that it's not about a person getting to know another person and bridging the gaps thereby. It's about someone ceasing to be a stranger to love, after the subject of love (or who could have been) is not available to love anymore. Sandhya is a young widow. Her husband Astik dies five months after their wedding. There hadn't been enough time for love to bloom between Sandhya and Astik, a character portrayed quite ambiguously. We don't even know what he looks like, so all we know about him is from what people say. His family was dependent on him financially, his brother didn't admire him too much, and he was emotionally distant from Sandhya. What's interesting is the manifestation of these ambiguities of Astik in Sandhya after he is gone. She is at peace with the fact that she doesn't feel the need to mourn, although she is tagged crazy by the entire family. But she desires deeply to understand him, especially after he is gone, though his habits, likes, dislikes and ex-girlfriend. All the supporting characters have made this film a memorable one for me. Specially Ashutosh Rana, Sheeba Chadda and Sayani Gupta.

Pagglait also marks the debut of Arijit Singh as a music composer, So of course, the music and songs are good too. It's a good weekend watch.

Film E Jhol on FB is my page .

The film is slow, yes, but the speed makes you appreciate every aspect of the movie.

The cinematography is gold⭐️ Sanya and Ashutosh are amazing⭐️ A must watch if you are someone who likes English Vinglish/Queen❤️

I’m not a fan of slow paced movies 

I loved the concept of the film but I felt it could have been more gripping 

Loved the performances by everyone 

Loved the production design ...the house looked so real and lived in 

I also liked how the female character wasn’t ur typical moophat/ pathaka/ bold girl they show in female led films but a girl grappling with issues , not as exuberant , but still strong and fighting

1 extra point for not having a random promotional song ghusaoed

3/5