Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

When will Farhan stop his acting and singing  and get back to where he's best -behind the camera. Waiting for ever for Don 3. There has got to be a time when you have to admit to yourself that you make a mediocre actor but extraordinary something else. Uday Chopra, Himesh Reshammiya, Sonu Nigam all admitted defeat at some point.

Sashay01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

When will Farhan stop his acting and singing  and get back to where he's best -behind the camera. Waiting for ever for Don 3. There has got to be a time when you have to admit to yourself that you make a mediocre actor but extraordinary something else. Uday Chopra, Himesh Reshammiya, Sonu Nigam all admitted defeat at some point.

Amen! Couldnt have said it better myself. Farhan is a true and genuine talent behind the camera- a few films down the line he could even be one of the greats. Have you seen Dil Chahta Hai? A visionary film in 2001 and 20 years later still stands the test of time. How many mainstream Hindi films can we say that for?

As an actor however- he is an acquired taste at best and really evidently just pursuing a hobby. May be more sophisticated than Himesh and Sonu but cmon Farhan- stop wasting your talent!

Lulzbolly thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Farhan is an overrated director. Like really overrated.

J3601 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

the problem is that Farhan is actually a great actor too and better than guys like Ranveer, Varun, Ayushman, Akshay and Salman Khan the so called current superstars

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is a talented director and his movie just went VOD (for I think the 3rd time in a row) so it's not a matter of talent.

Farhan's a good actor. As said above, better than many more mainstream actors.  I don't think it's a hobby for him.  I think he has a passion for it that he no longer has for directing.  He still also has his hand in producing that probably satisfies him creatively the way directing used to.  That might be changing though.  There are rumblings he's going to direct a female lead ZMND though I wish he'd choose to do something new instead.

capricornrcks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sashay01

Amen! Couldnt have said it better myself. Farhan is a true and genuine talent behind the camera- a few films down the line he could even be one of the greats. Have you seen Dil Chahta Hai? A visionary film in 2001 and 20 years later still stands the test of time. How many mainstream Hindi films can we say that for?

As an actor however- he is an acquired taste at best and really evidently just pursuing a hobby. May be more sophisticated than Himesh and Sonu but cmon Farhan- stop wasting your talent!

Dil Chahta Hai, Lakshya and Don. Farhan's outings as a director have all stood the test of time and well worth a rewatch. Rather than a hobby he seems to suffer from a midlife crisis. Divorcing his wife and hooking up with a much younger actress, joining a band, becoming an actor...

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

That person who first told Farhan that he could sing and act... Usko dhoondh kar tadi paar kardena chahiye. 😐

capricornrcks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Talis

Farhan's a good actor. As said above, better than many more mainstream actors.  I don't think it's a hobby for him.  I think he has a passion for it that he no longer has for directing.  He still also has his hand in producing that probably satisfies him creatively the way directing used to.  That might be changing though.  There are rumblings he's going to direct a female lead ZMND though I wish he'd choose to do something new instead.

You may well be right that he has lost his passion for directing. DCH inspired Zoya to make ZMND and now it has come a full circle with him being inspired by ZNMD. He makes a good producer since he has an eye for good projects. We'll have to agree to disagree with regards to his talents as an actor. I found him the weakest link in Dil Dhadakne do with Priyanka, Ranveer,Anil leaving him far behind. His character seems to have been written especially to include him. A cameo by a better actor like say Ranbir or Shahid could have taken it to another level. He could do better once he ages a bit more and chooses to do parents of the lead pair or the eccentric neighbour or something like Anil Dhawan's role in Andhadhun.

Talis thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Dil Chahta Hai, Lakshya and Don. Farhan's outings as a director have all stood the test of time and well worth a rewatch. Rather than a hobby he seems to suffer from a midlife crisis. Divorcing his wife and hooking up with a much younger actress, joining a band, becoming an actor...

It's not as if all these things happened over a year or two.  Rock On - his first film came out in 2008 - 13 years ago when he was 34.  He directed Don 2 - 3 years later.  His marriage ended almost a decade later. His girlfriend of three years is 7 years younger - but then his wife was 7 years older.  Looks more like life happening rather than any kind of crisis.