Acting | Susheela's Passion or Obsession?

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 years ago

I'm gonna keep this post short because it's just gonna be a long story short wala post and I'm lethargic from the workload thus less words, more idea. ðŸ˜† Forgive me! :)

So Susheela's repeatedly discussed about how she discerns acting as a lucrative opportunity in many aspects. Her words involve a filmy dialogue, her childhood crush is Hooda, her eyes yearn to grab onto any role whether it's that of a main role or a side role. She thinks that, in the acting industry, she can make her mark. She perceives it as a way to get away from her regressive home. But, is there a motive? It looks glistening externally but she's oblivious to the details, so does it seem like a challenge to cope up with, if she gets into this field?

In real life, she's been donning masculine clothes to become Sattu, along with her sister with a purpose --> to save K&S from doom. She wears a wig to pretend to be in her female counterpart in front of her family with a purpose to survive from her family's reaction, especially DP's overtly dramatic speech of committing suicide. Even before her hair got chopped off, she continued to act like the girl-next-door, in front of DP. She dons as Sattu and feels a genuine satisfaction from Gunnu and the customers praising her hardwork. She's feels challenged yet she explicitly says it's burning the bridges with her first preference towards acting. 

So, what's Susheela's actual purpose with acting? In real life, she's feeling challenged (her words, "worn out") whereas acting audition seems like a easy cake. What does she really want with this acting obsession? Will this acting lead to the eradication of gender discrimination and make her a hero?

What's your point? Do share!😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ayu_12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Meena_J

I'm gonna keep this post short because it's just gonna be a long story short wala post and I'm lethargic from the workload thus less words, more idea. ðŸ˜† Forgive me! :)

So Susheela's repeatedly discussed about how she discerns acting as a lucrative opportunity in many aspects. Her words involve a filmy dialogue, her childhood crush is Hooda, her eyes yearn to grab onto any role whether it's that of a main role or a side role. She thinks that, in the acting industry, she can make her mark. She perceives it as a way to get away from her regressive home. But, is there a motive? It looks glistening externally but she's oblivious to the details, so does it seem like a challenge to cope up with, if she gets into this field?

In real life, she's been donning masculine clothes to become Sattu, along with her sister with a purpose --> to save K&S from doom. She wears a wig to pretend to be in her female counterpart in front of her family with a purpose to survive from her family's reaction, especially DP's overtly dramatic speech of committing suicide. Even before her hair got chopped off, she continued to act like the girl-next-door, in front of DP. She dons as Sattu and feels a genuine satisfaction from Gunnu and the customers praising her hardwork. She's feels challenged yet she explicitly says it's burning the bridges with her first preference towards acting. 

So, what's Susheela's actual purpose with acting? In real life, she's feeling challenged (her words, "worn out") whereas acting audition seems like a easy cake. What does she really want with this acting obsession? Will this acting lead to the eradication of gender discrimination and make her a hero?

Okay , let's come to the point straightforward .

Susheela is still confused in her life after having a aim too. She wanted to become a stunt woman then why she is doing acting ? I will not say her obsession since Hooda episode her acting got praised which means she is not joking .

Now the second is , she needs to understand that this very time is not for her dreams but to utilise yourself for the shop. Her situation is like a caged bird who wants to get out from this cage soon and this is what happening with susheela. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

Okay , let's come to the point straightforward .

Susheela is still confused in her life after having a aim too. She wanted to become a stunt woman then why she is doing acting ? I will not say her obsession since Hooda episode her acting got praised which means she is not joking .

Now the second is , she needs to understand that this very time is not for her dreams but to utilise yourself for the shop. Her situation is like a caged bird who wants to get out from this cage soon and this is what happening with susheela. 

Thanks for responding. Yep, the audition clip earlier was from her real life experience which is why she got the accolades. Perhaps, in her context, it is her desire/passion or the exhilaration once she got an offer. Perhaps, others can view it as something that she's repeating about thereby expressing this as nothing but an obsession, like DP did, the other episode when he asked about their dreams like it was nothing but a childish desire that's is expected to fade with time. 

She has full freedom to achieve whatever she wants to accomplish but, some might brush it off for other reasons. She has the right to express that she's worn & torn between Sattu & her real self which is completely okay. What she needs to comprehend is how grievous the situation is at this point. 

Perhaps, "reality hitting home" scene could explain the gimmicks behind auditioning. 

Edited by Meena_J - 3 years ago
Ayu_12 thumbnail

Thanks for responding. Yep, the audition clip earlier was from her real life experience which is why she got the accolades. Perhaps, in her context, it is her desire/passion or the exhilaration once she got an offer. Perhaps, others can view it as something that she's repeating about thereby expressing this as nothing but an obsession, like DP did, the other episode when he asked about their dreams like it was nothing but a childish desire that's is expected to fade with time. 

She has full freedom to achieve whatever she wants to accomplish but, some might brush it off for other reasons. She has the right to express that she's worn & torn between Sattu & her real self which is completely okay. What she needs to comprehend is how grievous the situation is at this point. 

Perhaps, "reality hitting home" scene could explain the gimmicks behind auditioning. 

The problem is susheela is done with her family and society. She has done everything to contribute in the family even if she wasn't intrested in it. She is serious about her  dreams because she know if she didn't move being to limited area she would never achieve anything.

Being as a male counterparts , she is exposed to certain harsh reality that male are dominating and she can feel it why. Now I feel the twist is ladke banna aur Ladke jaise rehna bahot different hai. Here they have to become a male and have to think as sattu for the shop future rather garima susheela the one whom nobody give credits. 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ayu_12

The problem is susheela is done with her family and society. She has done everything to contribute in the family even if she wasn't intrested in it. She is serious about her  dreams because she know if she didn't move being to limited area she would never achieve anything.

Being as a male counterparts , she is exposed to certain harsh reality that male are dominating and she can feel it why. Now I feel the twist is ladke banna aur Ladke jaise rehna bahot different hai. Here they have to become a male and have to think as sattu for the shop future rather garima susheela the one whom nobody give credits. 

And this explains why Susheela knows or can predict that DP is going to trash their efforts into the dustbin, no matter how much she tries to assess the masculine behavior & save K&S from financial crisis. At the end, it is going to be Gunnu and Sattu winning the accolades. When DP recovers, he will pick up the speed and perhaps, even Gunnu/Sattu won't be imperative to DP, therefore, she figured its better to close their chapter now. Therefore, she would choose it as a way of escapism to get into her own original mould. She's not unfamiliar with this scenario in her own streets confining her into her house. 

dhun.laagi thumbnail

She has repeatedly said she wants to be a hero, maybe she is attracted to the glamour of the industry, a chance to make everyone in Rohtak know her name, and also she might think it will land her the big bucks to be able to live life on her own terms. We know that boxing seems to be her passion, getting recognition matters to her and she really just wants to get away from her dad's house. Maybe all of this contributes. Purely my opinion.

Ayu_12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nautankitadka

She has repeatedly said she wants to be a hero, maybe she is attracted to the glamour of the industry, a chance to make everyone in Rohtak know her name, and also she might think it will land her the big bucks to be able to live life on her own terms. We know that boxing seems to be her passion, getting recognition matters to her and she really just wants to get away from her dad's house. Maybe all of this contributes. Purely my opinion.

Exactly !

ALONELOSTGIRL thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I am not saying that Sushila is selfish, but it is also true that she is taking the offer of the JAGAT just because of fulfilling her dreams. By the way, she herself always says that the JAGAT can never do good to anyone, then how did a great Mahatma appear in the JAGAT today? This is the fact that earlier she had stepped back from fulfilling her dream, but even then she had a did not think what could happen after she left, and even now she is going to do just that. GARIMA also dreams, but when it comes to family, whether VIKRAM or his father's stubbornness, it does not matter to her.