Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 years ago

Loved this!

You bring up an important theme that I don't think we've touched upon. Raghav's pain is raw, and not one that will go away easily, but one that he's learned to compartmentalize so that he can keep going. 

For Pallavi to be able to help them mend fences (because it doesn't look like it will happen on its own), she needs to bring up the old memories with mother and son, expose them properly so that they can heal. Will he ever let Pallavi into that very private space of his where he is vulnerable?

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JalebiJane

I just found your story---and wow!---heart-wringing and so beautifully composed.

1. I enjoyed the description of RR from the perspective of his rivals and peers---

2. And then how you catapulted to the opposite pole showing his vulnerability.

3. Pallavi's anger at Amma's cruelty is exactly what I have felt watching the show at times. I want to love Amma but her hardness prevents me.

But this line helped me understand it somehow: "And the pain in her eye was so similar to that in her son’s eyes, yet so different. It wasn’t raw like Raghav’s, it was a hardened empty unhappiness ~ one she looked so determined to transfer onto her son."

4. I also loved how Pallavi is drawn to share her successes with him. It's not Baba or Aayi that she goes to---but RR. 

Sigh.

Beautiful.

I’m literally jumping with joy... this comment has to be highlight of my day... I admire your writing so much that your appreciation really puffed me up.... 

Thank you so much for writing such a detailed comment... 

__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inlieu

Loved this!

You bring up an important theme that I don't think we've touched upon. Raghav's pain is raw, and not one that will go away easily, but one that he's learned to compartmentalize so that he can keep going. 

For Pallavi to be able to help them mend fences (because it doesn't look like it will happen on its own), she needs to bring up the old memories with mother and son, expose them properly so that they can heal. Will he ever let Pallavi into that very private space of his where he is vulnerable?

This was the first thing I wrote here and Amma’s attitude Raghav really irked me... I really wanted to see the push and pull they’re showing now... 

I think he’ll resist anyone trying to share his painful memories... even with Farhad he hadn’t shared any details... But Pallavi is Pallavi she’ll surely make him pour his pain in front of her...

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: __VIHU

This was the first thing I wrote here and Amma’s attitude Raghav really irked me... I really wanted to see the push and pull they’re showing now... 

I think he’ll resist anyone trying to share his painful memories... even with Farhad he hadn’t shared any details... But Pallavi is Pallavi she’ll surely make him pour his pain in front of her...

Yes, Amma is very tough on him and has broken his heart several times over. We don't know the full story yet as to what happened all those years ago, but her unforgiving nature is going to get in the way of the reconciliation for a while. Raghav was 17 when that happened, still a 'kid' who had to grow up very fast and lose his innocence. God knows what physical and mental suffering he faced over the years as he tried to make it big. 

I would prefer them to not just randomly patch up overnight. It's a great story arc that I hope the writers work on and build out properly, how mother and son find their way back to each other.